• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster v Toulon

Now I might be naive, but I don't think that a man like Wilkinson joined this club only for the cash, but maybe because the game plan projected (and other Côte d'azur plesaures) attracted him. I think his game style his much more large since he's here (really better in defense, and dangerous ball in hand. He's also a great man, and I understand why he's been annoblished
Thank you for the new word!

Here's another one - the Toulon 12 likes to rhinocerate around the pitch.

Munster should get better, made dumb mistakes they can cut out.

Ennobled you'll have corected by yourself.

My mistake, I tend to sometimes translate from the French badly. Hope you don't you have this problem skeaking another language than your mother's.
I bet I can do worst, especially with the false friends...

That should end Toulon's interest in this season's competition.
That's what I kept telling myself as Munster where on the edge of their 4th try. Hope they just give up now, and Irish drop to the relegatiton zone in the Premiership and rest players for the HC. And the entire Munster team get injured during the AIs.

Ennobled you'll have corected by yourself.

My mistake, I tend to sometimes translate from the French badly. Hope you don't you have this problem skeaking another language than your mother's.
I bet I can do worst, especially with the false friends...

*speaking

Unfortunately I didn't see the full game, only highlights. While highlights don't give a true indication of how a game panned out, I felt there were a lot of positives for Munster.

Firstly, Tony Buckley was immense in the loose. His scrummaging still needs a lot of work though. With a full season as first choice tighthead that aspect of his game should improve. I'd be inclined to start Mike Ross for Ireland and bring Buckley on after 50 minutes but definitely think Buckley has the more potential (despite approaching 30 he's still getting better).

Tony McGahan got his selection spot on. Paul Warwick provided an attacking threat that the team missed in Reading last week. Mick O'Driscoll and Alan Quinlan significantly improved the lineout. Most of all, sticking Johne Murphy into the centre was inspired- he and Keith Earls showed enough to suggest this is Munster's best long term partnership in midfield. Also, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Peter Stringer put himself back in international contention and may have won his Munster place back from Tomas O'Leary.

Lads just in and well great day for Irish rugby.
Before I go on to Munster game I'll give big shout out to Leinster on a superb result.

On today I'll start with something I've seen everyone comment on but anyone at match and well I'd hope anyone on tv noticed Johne Murphy wore the 12 shirt but was at fullback all day until Warwick (who wore 15 but played inside centre as I stated earlier in week) went off injured and Scott Deasy then went to fullback and Johne went to outside centre with Earls to 12.
But here is my thoughts on today.

- Snoop I have to say Buckley is surely guaranteed the 3 jersey and today yet again he showed he is a beast of a man and well has carried form from summer displays with Ireland.
- Varley I think can really challenge for the Irish 2 jersey if he keeps up displays like today but last week may have hurt him.
- Micko was amazing and a superb and well really took control of lineout and like last year steadied the scrum. Deserved his try and Man of Match.
- Quinny and Wallace are 2 amazing competitors and showed again today what we're all about.
- Heaslip is on form and well Leamy is in superb form. Again he was immense today and well I think he deserves to be ahead of Ferris in my eyes as him and Heaslip are by far Ireland 2 most on form forwards.
- Stringer shows just how much of an asset his pass is and even got the ankle tap in today. The man is a legend and well I really believe a Stringer/Sexton combination could be the key to us beating the All Blacks.
- Like Irelands #8 battle ROG was in fine form and kicking well and I truly believe the battle between him and Sexton is bringing best out of both players as was shown in Wembley too.
- Howlett deserves a mention too lads for his hunger and well he seems to now be truly in the legion of players like (Williams. Mullins. Langford etc) who reallyjust arrived and bought in to Munster Rugby and do so much.
- And lastly I built Johne Murphy up saying he deserves a serious shot in Irish 22 and well again I do still believe now that he has come playing with Munster that he must be close to that.

I'd be fairly surprised if he gets a go before the world cup tbh. Even then he's got to compete with Earls, Fitzgerald, Bowe, Trimble, Kearney and Carr. He's got the talent for sure but he may have to bide his time for a little longer. The fact the he's so versatile will stand to him however.

Feic I agree he will struggle to get in to starting 15 but I'd say that history suggest we will get at least 1 injury out of those players named and I think Murphy will be ahead of Carr simply because he's playing at a higher standard and even last summer he seemed to be ahead of Carr in pecking order.
In reality I think Murphy has made a great move in terms of his international progress and I think Carr needs to move to Leinster or Munster or possibly Ulster to rise up the order.

Here's another one - the Toulon 12 likes to rhinocerate around the pitch.

Munster should get better, made dumb mistakes they can cut out.

That 12, Fotu Auelua is really good. A sure bet to play for Samoa at New Zealand 2011.

Toulon had a silly game plan and it failed them on the day. Committing few players to the ruck can be effective but not when the scrumhalf and his reserve fail to get to the rucks on many occasions and not see when the ball is out! Mignoni needs to go. the clubs really neeasd to fnid a new talented player for 9 as well as better secondrowers. Suta had a fair game but Schofield certainly did not. The club needs to address this for the next season other wise the countless talented players are going to waste.

Toulon have work to do. Getting the backs playing in the right positions is a good start. The lineup should be:

9 Magnaval (though he was also bad yesterday)
10 Wilkinson
11 Lovobalavu
12 Contepomi
13 Auelua
14 Sackey
15 Lamont

one player not mentioned yet is Hurley I think he was solid espcially in defence. He put in some great tackles unlike some other Munster backs and he dominated the high ball. although I don't think he will be in Ireland contention he is a solid option for Munster and I think he is one of the better defensive players in the team.

Hurley is like James Coughlan. He will never be superb but always consistent and will always do a solid job.