• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Munster vs Ospreys

There doesn't need to be a citing for a hearing if an offence was dealt with on the pitch, especially a red card offence.

Well Munster received a letter saying different (and I have read it from ERC) they stated that Paul was automatically obliged to attend a hearing and basically can be cited and if he is cited then it would mean basically the offense could be treated alot more seriously and liable for a Top End punishment.

No offense but swinging a closed fist when you know a guy is behind you and looking as you make contact with his jaw.. I just dont see how he couldn't of intended for it to happen.. if it was a open hand ok, you could say he didnt mean to hit him.. but a fist, lets face it when he closed his hand he knew what he was doing,

But as I said earlier he should get a ban imo.. length should be a mid end imo.. as shown henson got 16 weeks for the elbow in the video which is pretty much the same apart from POC used a fist and was red carded.

O'Connell is typical of one of the "elite" players - particularly forwards - Who get away with stuff purely because their names are famous. He'd probably have got away with this if Quinlan and Flannary hadn't shown their thuggish colours in full bloom in the past 2 season - Assuming he is penalised and the citing officer doesn't decide missing 7 minutes of game-time is sufficient for striking another player.

We are expecting a max of 5-6 week ban which if appealed will bring it to 2-3. Or if considered a LE offense then maybe we might get off

If O'Connell gets away with it "on track record", the next paddy who celebrates but moaned about Umaga & Mealamu gets a punch in the face!

But it's okay though.... The puncher "won't realise you were there" *cough*

But obviously he will get a ban as even we know that is the likely result.
And well we can slate whoever we want :)

http://www.planet-rugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,16024_6606891,00.html

Munster have confirmed they have lodged an appeal against Paul O'Connell's four-week ban.
Ireland lock O'Connell was handed the suspension by a European Rugby Cup disciplinary hearing after he was sent off for striking Ospreys back-rower Jonathan Thomas during Munster's 22-16 Heineken Cup victory at Thomond Park on December 12.
The ban means the 2009 Lions captain will be available for the Irish province's crucial European trip to Toulon next month, but with the 31-year-old having missed most of the season to date with a groin injury Munster hope to have him available to play before that fixture.
A Munster statement read: "Munster Rugby can today confirm they have appealed the ERC disciplinary decision handed down to Paul O'Connell at last Thursday's ERC hearing in Dublin.
"Munster Rugby now wait on the ERC to issue a date for the hearing."

Presumably it's not fair that they lost the match in Swansea and they're not top of the group etc etc etc

I would have said a 2/3 week ban would have been right but the banning system is really messed up. I'm fed up with people appealling.

http://www.planet-rugby.co.uk/story/0,25883,16024_6606891,00.html

Munster have confirmed they have lodged an appeal against Paul O'Connell's four-week ban.
Ireland lock O'Connell was handed the suspension by a European Rugby Cup disciplinary hearing after he was sent off for striking Ospreys back-rower Jonathan Thomas during Munster's 22-16 Heineken Cup victory at Thomond Park on December 12.
The ban means the 2009 Lions captain will be available for the Irish province's crucial European trip to Toulon next month, but with the 31-year-old having missed most of the season to date with a groin injury Munster hope to have him available to play before that fixture.
A Munster statement read: "Munster Rugby can today confirm they have appealed the ERC disciplinary decision handed down to Paul O'Connell at last Thursday's ERC hearing in Dublin.
"Munster Rugby now wait on the ERC to issue a date for the hearing."

Presumably it's not fair that they lost the match in Swansea and they're not top of the group etc etc etc

Didn't I tell you we'd appeal it - Should've listened :p

If we beat Ospreys then we might have decided not to as pressure would be slightly off against Toulon but now we are backs against wall. So we need to get Paulie as much games as possible and well as I said we think he might get 2 weeks on appeal.

Disgusting, and I've lost some respect for Munster/O'Connell.
Should take his punishment like a man.
They should up his banning by two weeks for having the cheek to question it.

Sent from my MB200 using Tapatalk

Didn't I tell you we'd appeal it - Should've listened :p

If we beat Ospreys then we might have decided not to as pressure would be slightly off against Toulon but now we are backs against wall. So we need to get Paulie as much games as possible and well as I said we think he might get 2 weeks on appeal.

You also told us there was no case to answer.

And Warwick was going nowhere.

;)

You also told us there was no case to answer.

And Warwick was going nowhere.

;)

No what I said was he wasn't cited which was true and yes I agree I said Warick is staying but well that issue was all a bit of a disgrace and well let's just say a sour spot :D

But well on Paulies appeal the hope is we get it reduced to 2 weeks which I've been told will allow him to play on St. Stephen's Day against Connacht although I think ban doesn't end until Sunday midnight IF it is reduced but basically we have to get Paul game's before Toulon game.

Latest posts