My boots stink please help

Don't Skip Leg Day

International
TRF Legend
Country Flag
England
Club or Nation
Northampton
So my boots stink. I can't be putting them in the washing machine as the Mrs will go mental.

Anyone got any tips, I have tried spraying with fabrise and adding newspaper in them but alas they still stink…..

Help me please

Cat litter - unused, obviously.
Alternatively, hand wash in the sink / garden - but make damned sure they're properly dry afterwards - may also ruin any insoles

baking soda, i was always raised to keep a jar of it in the fridge to prevent smells, and ive lost count of the number of times ive heard of either baking soda or white vinegar or both as a solution to a bad smell

So my boots stink. I can't be putting them in the washing machine as the Mrs will go mental.

Anyone got any tips, I have tried spraying with fabrise and adding newspaper in them but alas they still stink…..

Help me please
@Don't Skip Leg Day
What did you try?

What actually worked?

What, exactly, was "questionable" about our suggestions?

Don't know if it's an old wives tale but I've heard freezing smelly shoes sorts them out

Though if putting them in the washing machine is an issue i doubt putting them in the freezer is on the cards

@Don't Skip Leg Day
What did you try?

What actually worked?

What, exactly, was "questionable" about our suggestions?
So I tried the tea bags, tried baking powder, tried newspaper and letting them dry out on the radiator, then tried a detol anti bac spray that the Mrs purchased and that seems to have worked.

It's odd as none of my other shoes smell (not even my old gym or powerlifting shoes).

The questionable ones were about getting rid of the wife :D, not sure that would go down well.

Is it the inside of the boots? If so get some insoles.

Latest posts