• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My life starts now pt 2

S

sambãd5

Help!

as some of you may or may not know, ive been living in wellington for a week and a half and am currently looking for a full time job.

ive got two offers. one from the loaded hog and one from the windmill bar and resturant. and i cant decide which one i should go for.

the good things about the loaded hog is that it is more of a challenge. its alot busyier. its more classy and i can bus there. also i will be working day shifts mon-fri which is awesome for hospo work. ive done a trial there and it was really fun. but i didnt like how the tills worked. instead of when buying a [vodka], normally you find the vodka button. but being so busy, you press any spirt button etc. and for me to become more of a managment role, i would find that too dificult.

as for the windmill: its more of a local pub. really good regulars and it has just been refunished. new tab, gaming machines etc. and it looks really nice and friendly. i can see myself doing stock orders and rosters etc there, where as at the hog i cant. however the windmill is on the other side of the city and will be night shifts.

pay is the same and both have really good staff as far as i can see.

advice from people who have been to both.

but the real debate is: busyier place which is more of a night club but working day shifts

vs a local pub where i could get more up the ranks working nights.

which also has the debate - better place worse job vs not as good of a place but better job

random problem... oh well.

i like loaded hog and havnt heard of the windmill pub. also if you work at the loaded during the day you could see me haha, my work goes there some fridays for work drinks/lunch :)

the problem is just like sophies choice. sorry i have no answer :)

the real problem is, i know that i will enjoy both jobs. windmill i know will be busier - being night shifts. but working at the rsa i needed a challenge, and thats what im worried that the loaded hog wont offer me. even though i would love day shifts, mon-fri so i can live like a normal human being and go to the rugby etc...

I agree with Juggernaut. The night job will kill your social life, and it's weird spending all day doing nothing when everyone else is at work, then when they finish you have to go work nights and miss out on all the fun. Probably a lot more tiring as well.

ahh but what your forgetting is that im in hospo. apart from working wed-sun at my old job and i love working nights. if i worked tue-sat but sat being day, or fri being day would be perfect.

like being at highschool then uni - to come into a night job (which your trained to do) its awesome. you havent lived untill you do a night job. you have all day to do your chores (shopping etc) then go to work. finnish work. go home, have a beer, small dinner. go to sleep. and wait for it. the best thing is... waking up in your own time. while you suckers have a alarm from 6am-8am etc, i wake up when im not tired. its great.

i used to have a night job, used to be from midnight til 8am and it was alright. Wasnt in hospitality but i got to do what i wanted to do in the day time etc, but after a while it does get boring during the day.

i decided to get a morning job as well and after that it was much better with all the money coming in. But i prefer dayshit, what i am doing now (9-930 til 4pm) much crusier, and i have more time to myself in the evenings to surf trf :)

but its really a personal choice for you, personally i would go for the day job, just so you can go to the rugby :) and watch it live as well.

I suggest you go to both places and just have a quick chat with the staff there. One thing I've learnt working is that working with people you get on with makes the job so much easier. If you work with people you don't like or don't get on with then work will be a lot harder.

i think you should go for the night job... because you have more posibilitys to go up on the ranks and maybe after a time you wont be working on nights any more

Hi all,

just like to say hi to everyone. My first time on this forum. Hoping working days are a bit more exciting now :)

hi guys....i hope every body is feeling good...
all right rinn gehaun! :bravo:

Latest posts