• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My new Interest in Rugby in USA

D

dacypher

EDIT: After posting this, I kind of noticed that the ***le is a bit misleading. I don't think I can change it, but it is my new interest in Rugby, and I am in the USA. Not the countries interest. Sorry if anyone is disappointed reading this.

Hello! I just came across your forum earlier today, and I must say it looks quite well done! Anyway, I just wanted to ask a question. I have started getting an interest in Rugby lately after watching some videos on YouTube. I am interested in watching some games (I can't play myself due to health reasons, sadly), but I live in the USA and as many of you know, the game has not really caught on here yet.

I don't really have any specific teams that I would be looking to see, and honestly, it doesn't even matter to me if they are live or taped. I was just wondering if there are any resources online, or if anyone else is in the USA who could point me towards a place where I could at least see a bit more. I think that US ESPN occasionally plays a game, but that is once in a blue moon. The hundreds of short clips on YouTube really aren't doing it anymore, and I would love to see a full game. I've always loved American Football, but I have really grown interested in the strategy, faster pace and on-the-fly play improvisation of Rugby. Thanks to anyone who can help!

I think one of the cable channels in America runs an online service called the Rugby Channel..

..here we go, Rugby Zone -> http://www.rugbyzone.com/default.aspx

The benefit of this is that you can view more or less all of the games that matter in World Rugby in both Club and International Rugby.

As for a team, pick an Italian one, they're always the best to go for...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dacypher @ Jan 29 2009, 04:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
EDIT: After posting this, I kind of noticed that the ***le is a bit misleading. I don't think I can change it, but it is my new interest in Rugby, and I am in the USA. Not the countries interest. Sorry if anyone is disappointed reading this.

Hello! I just came across your forum earlier today, and I must say it looks quite well done! Anyway, I just wanted to ask a question. I have started getting an interest in Rugby lately after watching some videos on YouTube. I am interested in watching some games (I can't play myself due to health reasons, sadly), but I live in the USA and as many of you know, the game has not really caught on here yet.

I don't really have any specific teams that I would be looking to see, and honestly, it doesn't even matter to me if they are live or taped. I was just wondering if there are any resources online, or if anyone else is in the USA who could point me towards a place where I could at least see a bit more. I think that US ESPN occasionally plays a game, but that is once in a blue moon. The hundreds of short clips on YouTube really aren't doing it anymore, and I would love to see a full game. I've always loved American Football, but I have really grown interested in the strategy, faster pace and on-the-fly play improvisation of Rugby. Thanks to anyone who can help![/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Jan 29 2009, 01:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think one of the cable channels in America runs an online service called the Rugby Channel..

..here we go, Rugby Zone -> http://www.rugbyzone.com/default.aspx

The benefit of this is that you can view more or less all of the games that matter in World Rugby in both Club and International Rugby.

As for a team, pick an Italian one, they're always the best to go for...[/b]

Trust me ive looked at most of these and always look for new places to watch. I use Setanta Broadband for $15 a month with lots of free on demand stuff also. You can also get setanta on Direct TV and some others just Not Comcast. So really you have only two chooses Rugby Zone or Setanta Sports. Both are great and both you can get live rugby.

where exactly do you live?? unless it's somewhere remote there ought to be some sort of men's club, collegiate side or even high school side somewhere... try a google search for "(name of your town or closest larger city) rugby club"

also try this for size:

Alternative Rugby Commentary

1. You can go to this website and get a live feed of this funny kiwi commentating on big S14/ NZ international matches. So obviously you'd find your stream on myp2p and put it on mute, then listen to Jed Thian's much more insightful comments.

2. There's a number of videos on here of him commentating on full NZ matches, or at least 30 mins of highlights, so you'll get an idea of what a big Tri-nations game looks like.

3. enjoy!

also, can anyone tell me why myp2p had no rugby on last sunday?

it did it just didnt list it on the page for some reason had to go into the forum

Latest posts