• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Roster Update

blackbird762p

Academy Player
I have worked on my RUGBY 08 roster.It was a project that took many months and many hours but at the end I have managed to create a roster that has a MUCH HARDER AI and that is more fun to play.I took the roster ozzy created many moons ago (a great piece of work SIR Ozzy! )and modified it to give me a gameplay that is more challenging and fun to play.The player names are the same but the ATTRIBUTES were modified.This took months to get a balance and a feel for what happens when X becomes y and 20 becomes 40.Testing testing testing.
I am now at a point where I feel ready to release it to everyone that wants to play with a new roster (names still old) but a much improved AI.

If there is a lot of interest I will release it.For now I will watch this spot and release it to whoever wants it.Just add your email address.

Cheers Black

The original 08 roster was updated long time ago by Ozzy.New names (the EA team didn't know what they were doing )and updated positions etc.Ozzy did a great job.I have used his 08 roster for my mod.I left the players and sides as they were.(it doesn't bother me who playes where) and I was was happy with the roster.I then proceeded to work on player attibutes and stats.This took months as each time you mod something you need to test it.It's the only way to know if what you are doing is working.So as a reslut I have created a roster (rugby 08) that plays better.To understand the problem with the game in the first place you will agree that it was way too easy.I could kill any side playing on ELITE.So I had to identify the weaknesses and fix it.Example.The AI can never gain ground and play in your side of the park as their nr10's were useless.To play an attacking game you need to play with the ball and be in your opponents half.Now get the AI to do that and attack faster and better you need to go deeper.It's long complicated process.SO yes to answer your question.It's the 08 roster.THE ORIGINAL WAS ALREADY MODDED BY OZZY WHEN I GOT IT.I only played with the stats.Will send it if you want it ?

This sounds good if you still have it i'd like it sent to me (email address above). I personally tried editing dome players but i only done the main nz players then a couple of sa players like frans steyn and morne steyn. Thanks in advance for update. :)

Hi mate! I'm really interested in testing it, it sounds really great and may be we can all help you making the roster even better! Please mail it to me at [email protected]
I only have a question for you, where did you focused more your work? player's stats and habilities or team's stats?? thanksss

Latest posts