• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Visit To The Swordfish Studios...

Status
Not open for further replies.
wut was up with that other time u guys went and tested the game? was that not a final version? well i got sum more questions after re-reading it..

1. with the big tackle situation u said that backs get brushed off by forwards, can sum of the backs pull off hits on forwards eg. sam tu'itupou or brian lima?
2. are you able to use the classic teams in friendlies?
3. have they fixed that problem with it being too easy to score when the defence is on their own line?
4. do you still think it's the best rugby game of all time?
5. can the backs do offloads too & how exactly do they work?

oh yea and how is the commentary because it wasn't on before?
is the super 14 in there or is it still the super 12 coz that would suck!

Are the licenced players in GP licenced if there country is unlicenced?

is there inside runners so you can put inside passes?

is there dummy passes? in WCR there were no dummies, only thing close was the sidestep-dummy combo thing

is there different types of tackle animations? in WCR there were only a few

2 men tackles or gang tackles?

those big icons on top of players heads, are they still there?

what editing options are available?

My questions:

1. How does the game reflect the laws - ie. what infringements can occur and does the AI do them at all.

2. How would you rate the ball physics in all aspects of the game - WCR passing was slick but a little bit off, has it been changed at all?

3. Do the tackle animations reflect the players involved and the chances of a turnover etc.

4. Can you please try career mode... even just briefly and find out how it all works.

Cheers guys, I'm going to go and sit jealously somewhere now and wait...

Oh yeah: How does the advantage system work and how long does advantage last?

are the SH players based on their real counterparts, not just the face but also stats wise?

Hi guys,

Please can you give the maul and rucking systems a good going over and try and explain them as best as you can as that is where most rugby games fall short!

Cheers
The Corn

How many different types of beards are there in the game?

Can the commentators pronounce the letter 'V'?

Really can't wait for your answers!!!!!

Originally posted by robbinho@Nov 7 2005, 10:32 PM
How many different types of beards are there in the game?

Can the commentators pronounce the letter 'V'?

Really can't wait for your answers!!!!!
Finally!! Somebody with the cojones to ask the important questions...

Originally posted by locksley@Nov 6 2005, 09:45 AM
Also, wouldn't it be great if I could take my DVD recorder down to Swordfish and hook the PS2 up to it!
<
That way, we could have an EXCLUSIVE "Video Review" for the 1st time on The Rugby Forum. Hint hint

I can ask if you want? ... I think it unlikely that they will agree to it without reviewing the footage that you will make public - although you never know.

Problem is, it brings to their attention the fact that we are letting you review the game. If they object to that then the whole thing is off.

Do you want me to ask? ... if vid footage is that important to you, then I am willing to. I need to know today though realistically.

Can you edit the national squads, if you can, can you choose for that nations available players?

I appreciate that if the game is as good as Lox and Knowlsely have said, then you are both going to want to be playing all the time, but a lot of us will spend more time on the single player version rather than multi-player.

Therefore, I'd appreciate it if you could spend a while against the AI - and tell us how it plays.
- Does it concede penalties
- Does it actually threaten to score - and can you see that continuing after getting more familiar with the game. I still enjoy the rugby league game as the AI does actually score on the higher levels - whereas once you mastered JLR you could go months without conceding a point.
- Would it take a shot at goal if level scores with time running out (<cough rugby league game>)

Also, no offence intended, but I know locksley already mentioned he's not all that knowledgable about rugby union - and your name also indicates a preference for the 13 man version - how familiar are you with the rules / tactics of RU? Are questions about "how does the game reflect the laws" or "which rules are missing / simplilfied" pushing it?

Much as I'd love some video footage - the actual indepth review without images should take precedence...

...and if that is in jeopardy due to the fact that someone has to authorize it - just don't bother. Give us info and let our imaginations add the images !

Originally posted by Trev@Swordfish+Nov 7 2005, 11:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Trev@Swordfish @ Nov 7 2005, 11:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-locksley
@Nov 6 2005, 09:45 AM
Also, wouldn't it be great if I could take my DVD recorder down to Swordfish and hook the PS2 up to it!
<
That way, we could have an EXCLUSIVE "Video Review" for the 1st time on The Rugby Forum. Hint hint

I can ask if you want? ... I think it unlikely that they will agree to it without reviewing the footage that you will make public - although you never know.

Problem is, it brings to their attention the fact that we are letting you review the game. If they object to that then the whole thing is off.

Do you want me to ask? ... if vid footage is that important to you, then I am willing to. I need to know today though realistically. [/b]
Mate, just tell them that you offered an admin on the forum that your company is funding a chance to have a quick blat on the playstation or PC or whatever, and you were wondering if you could offer some footage exclusively to members of the forum that your company is funding, and if Mr. Bigwig McSuiterson says, "Aww Trev, mate, I dunno", just have a big tantrum crying about how it's not fair that people don't get to see all of your hard work, when the game itself is starting to become overdue etc. etc.

Make sure you roll around on the floor a lot, bashing your fists into the carpet....Trust me
<

Don`t ask for authorization on vid footage if it would ruin the chance of an indepth review of the game by one of the TRF memebers yahoo!!!! It is not to long I hope
<
until release so I can live without vid footage.

(Change your Sig mate
<
)

I review would be much prefered.

If we don't get any video footage then thats ok seen as it would make me want to play it alot more when I finally get it.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Nov 8 2005, 01:09 AM
Make sure you roll around on the floor a lot, bashing your fists into the carpet....Trust me
<

Sh*t ... never thought about playing the tantrum card.
<

Really looking forward to this visit! It's been ages since I played a PS2 because mine is knackered!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts