• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

My Visit To The Swordfish Studios...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 6 2005, 01:38 AM
Some point next week hopefully.
You already asked that question, and St Helens gave you an answer! Clearly a day hasn't been specified.

Would it be possible to get some rankings of the teams in the game. Not every one, but maybe the Heineken cup teams and the main internationals.

Please note by the way that I will try and answer all questions from regular posters, I am not going to go out of my way for one post wonders who are leeching information off this board.

(not a pop at RugbyForever, who may well come on to being a regular poster)

take a pen and paper
i would like to know the rankings of major internationals

Wouldn't be a bad idea actually, there's a lot of questions here with more to come I dare say.

.....just borrow a computer there and send "live" info back to the forum whilst one of you is testing single player mode...........
<

I will mention it to Swordfish when I get there....
<

Originally posted by loratadine@Nov 8 2005, 11:06 AM
where is swordfish situated?
The big old city of Birmingham...and it's a real pain in the @rse to find! (The swordfish offices, not birmingham
<
)

i see, so is there any chance of some footage, if not dont worry, just make sure, you can get loads of info for us.

1) is quck flick passes in the game, like in R2005?

2) in one of the screenshots, during a scrum on the 5m line, the defensive line is standing inside the try line
is this fixed?

An in depth review of career mode please.

What's the fixture list? Is it a mix of league and Heineken Cup?

Are there injuries with a no. of weeks to recover? Do the CPU teams get injuries?

Do players have form? Would there be any reason to alter your starting lineup if there's no injuries?

Is there stat tracking? Do the CPU games have realistic scores?

Are there transfers between teams? Do the CPU teams conduct transfers between themselves? Is there cash management involved? Are there contract negs.? Are there salaries?

Do players get accumulated fatigue? Is there training? Can the players' stats alter?

These are some example questions.

Gameplay question: Is the AI intelligent reagrding the state of the game i.e. if the CPU is 5 points down and get an attacking penalty, will they turn down the kick at goal and go for the try? Similarly, if they're just a couple down, will they go for the kick or maybe a drop goal in open play?

Thursday will be the closing time for questions I imagine as the trip is on Friday.

So keep them coming guys.

The trip is indeed friday so you have until thursday evening my time (work that out for yourself, I think the time difference is 12 hours?) to get your questions in. And remember - one post wonders need not apply!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Nov 9 2005, 11:02 AM
The trip is indeed friday so you have until thursday evening my time (work that out for yourself, I think the time difference is 12 hours?) to get your questions in. And remember - one post wonders need not apply!
who is this 'one post wonders' reference directed to? anyone who has already replied?

Originally posted by saintsfan24_7@Nov 9 2005, 10:04 AM
Thursday will be the closing time for questions I imagine as the trip is on Friday.

So keep them coming guys.
Thanks ........

Originally posted by coughas+Nov 9 2005, 02:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (coughas @ Nov 9 2005, 02:39 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Nov 9 2005, 11:02 AM
who is this 'one post wonders' reference directed to? anyone who has already replied? [/b]
No, people who sign up, make one post asking questions, then never post again.

Originally posted by Jamie Lyon+Nov 9 2005, 10:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jamie Lyon @ Nov 9 2005, 10:54 PM)</div>
Originally posted by coughas@Nov 9 2005, 02:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-St Helens RLFC
@Nov 9 2005, 11:02 AM

who is this 'one post wonders' reference directed to? anyone who has already replied?
No, people who sign up, make one post asking questions, then never post again. [/b]
That's pretty rich coming from you, Mr. Twopost-Helenspants.

...This should keep me entertained for a while....

I was wondering whether you had abandonded us.

A printed version shall be going along with the visitors, and we shall answer them when we get back.
<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts