Winners

• England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • West Indies

• New Zealand

• Total voters
We have play (apparantly, because England haven't turned up.)

England 147 all out

Abysmal.

Windies win by 7 wickets. Poor stuff.

Clarke. McGrath. Collingwood. Blackwell.

ALL SHITE

I think god forgive me, Robert Key needs to play.

1 Trescothick
2 Vaughan
3 Key
4 Strauss
5 Jones
6 Blackwell
7 Clarke

slightly better. still. never the same without freddy.

if only nz v windies wasn't rained off, nz would of won for sure. oh well just our luck

Black Caps belt England

Jun 30, 2004

Five wickets from left-armer James Franklin inspired New Zealand to a seven-wicket victory over England in the fourth triangular series one-day international at Chester-le-Street on Wednesday.

Franklin recorded one-day career-best figures of five for 42, taking advantage of slightly overcast conditions to help dismiss the hosts for 101.

The day-night clash then ended well before dark as Stephen Fleming (31) and Scott Styris (23 not out) helped the tourists to their target in 17.2 overs but not before Steve Harmison took three for 38 on his home ground.

England, who were all out for 147 in the seven-wicket defeat to West Indies on Sunday, played some thoughtless shots against some good New Zealand bowling and crumbled to their sixth lowest one-day total in just 32.5 overs.

They have now failed to win a one-day international batting first in nine games since the World Cup win over Pakistan in February 2003.

"We have not played well. Full credit to New Zealand for putting the ball in the right areas but we played some iffy shots," England captain Michael Vaughan said.

Vaughan (12) was man-of-the-match Franklin's first scalp, a swinging delivery that hit off stump.

Paul Collingwood (2) on his home ground, chased a wide Franklin ball and edged to debutant wicketkeeper Gareth Hopkins before Andrew Strauss top-edged a hook off Franklin to Jacob Oram at fine leg for eight.

Franklin then took his fourth wicket in his final over when Ian Blackwell was lbw for five to accompany his four on Saturday.

Ashley Giles went next ball, edging to Hopkins, before Franklin's lbw appeal against Darren Gough on his hat-trick ball was turned down.

"It was just a case of getting it in the right areas and the result was five wickets," said Franklin, who was playing club cricket in England three weeks ago before being called into the Kiwi squad.

New Zealand now lead the table with 12 points followed by West Indies with nine and England with three.

England play the West Indies in the next day-night match at Headingley on Friday

How **** weak is that crowd in one of the one dayers against the Kiwis. I thought cricket was popular over in England.. All Australia's one day games sell out at 40 000+ stadiums.

All these games are sellouts I think.

We need some batsmen.

Rikki Clarke, Anthony McGrath and Blackwell are not batsmen. They aare mediocre all rounders.

i don't rate blackwell at all, surely you have someone better than him. if england lose tonight they may find it tough to get back... hows the weather looking?

Apparently Flintoff has been rushed back into the English side.
i dont know if this is a good move, i know it will make a huge diffrence right now but it could backfire and he could hurt himself even more and be out for alot longer.
is this ODI series that important that you would risk loosing one of you biggest stars?

Originally posted by Wally@Jul 1 2004, 07:43 PM
Yeah but the stadium couldn't fit much more than 10 000
So?

It's still a sell out! We don't have the money in the sport to pump millions in for 40,000 all seater stadiums.

James Franklin...

Still remember Woodie asking me on MSN ''Who is this Wannabe Franklin?''
<

I play cricket but I don't know much about it besides the basics. England have there own competition and they obviously can afford good players from Australia so why wouldn't they have much money in the bank?

Originally posted by Wally@Jul 2 2004, 01:55 PM
How can you not have the money? All of England's major sports are loaded!
Shows how little you know... only football is loaded! Everything else is left to fend for itself almost!

RFU over the last few years has had a huge turnover increase on the pre Woodward era.

Twenty20 is helping the ECB secure its financial status. The ECB is neither 'loaded' nor skint.

Latest posts