• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nba 2013/14

not just that. Confidence. Paul George is streaky as fk. And Roy Hibbert can literally go from a 20/8 4blk caliber guy to an absolute scrub of all scrubs getting 8 and 4 on 40%FG for a series. Anyways, good riddance. Way too cocky, I think they deserve their doom. And Stephenson is an absolute bish. He might be the most despicable guy ever in the NBA for me. Can't think of anyone worse atm...

TP, no news...they say he should be fine for G.1 but we're not sure in what state exactly...amazing the Spurs beat the Thunder without him the other night. I'm sorry for the Thunder btw, particularly Kevin Durant, but he's an all-time great and he'll get there...still very young.

And I really can't tell...I have a feeling the Spurs will win it, but it almost seems too good to be true. And the Heat are going to be focused as hell, they're younger, more athletic...
TP had a pretty mixed season against them in last year's edition:
Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 2.52.08 PM.png

I do think Tim Duncan is actually better this year than last. Diaw is definitely playing better. Danny Green, Ginobili and Kawhi Leonard are on form. Patty Mills is a better, more influential player this year...And they're playing fabulous basketball.
But against the Heat, they may just look like a very beatable team out of nowhere...but I'll take it that their beating OKC; their cryptonite, the team that ousted them in '12 when they were invincible, and beat them 4-0 this year; is a very, very good sign. And convincingly.

The guy I'm a little disappointed in is Marco Belinelllllllllllllli (sorry, got stuck on the Italian accent). Here are his regular season, then playoffs averages as of now:
Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 2.57.17 PM.png

Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 2.56.30 PM.png

It's true he's been played a lot less, but I was hoping he could adjust and keep that very efficient production going off the bench. His FG% has dropped, although it's still good.

Here's a scary statline if you're pro-Spurs though. Lebron's averages so far in the 2014 NBA Playoffs:
Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 3.00.41 PM.png

Although I am realistically counting on his choking skills. He can destroy the first 3 teams then look like a harmless teddy bear in the finals series. He did it again last year. I'm sure he'll do it again this year, the Spurs are a very intimidating, frustrating team to play.

Wade's playoffs:
Screen Shot 2014-06-03 at 3.03.52 PM.png

Very nice as well.

What do you personally reckon ?

Good luck for the Spurs, they are showing a very solid game and I think this year, have very good chances to break the hegemony of Miami.
I hope the refs do their job well, especially in the case of "His travelessness, Lebron 4, 5 or 6 steps James"

In sport in general I prefer a well coached team with depth, brains, defensive nouse, and talent across the board, so I will go with the Spurs. The Heat for me are too reliant on LBJ (who is an absolute freak) and to a lesser extent Wade - they are weak in the paint, Im not a big Bosh fan, and IF the opposition can contain LBJ and Wade then they are too reliant on 3 point %. I just have a feeling the Spurs will be able to contain them enough, just, over the course of the 7 game series, and Pop will just be a bit too smart, making changes when needed etc (like he did in the OKC series).

Time will tell but I've got a feeling the Spurs win in 7 (HCA being a key to this one).

The only caveat would be the state of TP?

In sport in general I prefer a well coached team with depth, brains, defensive nouse, and talent across the board, so I will go with the Spurs. The Heat for me are too reliant on LBJ (who is an absolute freak) and to a lesser extent Wade - they are weak in the paint, Im not a big Bosh fan, and IF the opposition can contain LBJ and Wade then they are too reliant on 3 point %. I just have a feeling the Spurs will be able to contain them enough, just, over the course of the 7 game series, and Pop will just be a bit too smart, making changes when needed etc (like he did in the OKC series).

Time will tell but I've got a feeling the Spurs win in 7 (HCA being a key to this one).

The only caveat would be the state of TP?

Yes, the only caveat would be the state of TP.
:p

For the Spurs' advantages:
- Duncan has played insanely well against them in the regular season series. 23ppg on 70%FG in two games. He, Tiago Splitter and possibly others will show up the Heat inside, in that lonely, lonely paint of theirs.
- They've got hca this year. Game 7 is at home, baby.
- Heat's physical and mental fatigue. 4th straight season they play 100 games, 4th straight trip to the Finals.
- Spurs are LIVID and seek revenge like few teams ever have in pro sports.
- They know they're nearing the end of their life as a dynasty. 'Now or never' kind of a mindset.
- Lebron will choke, eventually.

Check this out. It's short, but it's pretty fkng awesome, and interesting. There's a twist in it:

Last edited by a moderator:
This second game has left me a bad feeling for the rest of the series. I think Miami is going to crush the Spurs in its two home games, then the Spurs win 5th at home, and finally Miami wins the series in the 6th game at home.
4-2 to the Heat.

not very happy either about that loss....not happy at all. But if the Spurs just take one in Miami, it's all back to zero. Don't forget the Spurs were the best team on the road this year by far.

Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 1.53.04 PM.jpg

And they're hungry as hell this year, and they'll wake up. Kawhi Leonard and co. won't continue sucking, because so far it's been all the Big 3 for S.A.

WOW, so there is 7min to go in the 2nd Q - SA has 56 points and are 19 from 21 (90% from the field!!!) ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!

PLEASE listen to this guy talk. I've read and heard many stupid people in my life, but this is absolutely marvelous:

Last edited by a moderator:
what ?!!!!!!! Yessssssssssssssssss !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHA!!In your face Cabron James!!
26d38081020119de4ac6106c8d1715c6.jpg

HAHAHAHA!!In your face Cabron James!!
26d38081020119de4ac6106c8d1715c6.jpg

well actually he did play well...but this is just poetry. Popovich, Duncan, Parker, Ginobili to get another ring, and a first for Boris Diaw who played brilliantly and who's just coming off a European ***le last summer. And as revenge against the Heat (who shouldn't have won it last year in the first place). Magnificent, couldn't have been written better in a novel.

Latest posts