• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nba 2013/14

Wiggins has a crazy vertical leap alright !
And now now guys, let's not go overboard here. "Heat in 5" sounds a bit exaggerated. The Pacers get up for the Heat, every analyst says it but it's true. Their will is going to be out the roof, even though their ability may not always follow. Paul George has at least a few good games in him, so does the great 2x All-Star Roy Hibbert and I dunno about Greg Oden for the Heat. He was brought in almost specifically to counter Roy Hibbert in the playoffs coz they knew it would happen. And the Heat's void inside is near-infinite.

So I'll say Heat in 6. But I'm wary the Pacers can turn it up and make a difference. They may have played shhit basketball the past 2months 1/2, but they're the same team with the same players and coach. No huge injury or nothing like that. They can wake up just at the sight of the Heat and the context of an ECF, and this time they want to go further and have hcadvantage.

Well the Pacers have turned up in a BIG way in game 1. George and Stephenson completely outplaying James and Wade. Hibbert has had a good game, in fact all the Indy starting 5 has played well.

IF Indy can keep up this intensity then they have a great shot at making the finals!

Current score 102 to 88 with 4 min to go.

couldn't watch it. Well done Indiana, got Game 1. Will check it out later, but the Heat are sure to turn up in G.2.

couldn't watch it. Well done Indiana, got Game 1. Will check it out later, but the Heat are sure to turn up in G.2.

It's a good even match up by the looks. It seems to get the best out of Indy and Miami's size (or lack of) is a real advantage for Indy should Hibbert be bale to take advantage. He had a good game today with 19 pints and 9 boards 3 assists 1TO an 1 block. Not dominant but good enough! If he can consistently put up those numbers Miami will be in for a fight for sure.

It's a good even match up by the looks. It seems to get the best out of Indy and Miami's size (or lack of) is a real advantage for Indy should Hibbert be bale to take advantage. He had a good game today with 19 pints and 9 boards 3 assists 1TO an 1 block. Not dominant but good enough! If he can consistently put up those numbers Miami will be in for a fight for sure.

daaaaamn...all that in one night ?!

I'd like to give my very brief, and limited analysis of the Spurs Thunder series. Haven't been as insane a fan as usual, so this can only be partial:
- Thunder got the Spurs out of the playoffs in 2012 when the latter had won, like, 20 games in a row and a perfect 8-0 so far in the post-season til that WCF. San Antonio won the first 2, and then lost all 4 next ones.
- Thunder again, swept the Spurs series this year, 4-0. Four zip...

- Tony Parker is an all-time great already. But he struggles against a)length b) athleticism. It just so happens Russell Westbrook is a big, tall, athletic freak. Oh, and he's young still. And this wouldn't even be a premiere, we've already seen how Westb contains Parker. They'll also throw Thabo Sefolosha at him as they did in the said 2012 WCF. Parker will have to work harder than ever this year and his midrange game is going to have to be absolutely spot-on. On the other end, Parker can't hang with RWest. Big advantage here for the Thunder.

- Serge Ibaka is missing: he gave them solid rebounding, great presence and true timing and quickness on his shot-blocking in the paint, and now a legit offensive weapon.

- Tim Duncan will have to put in a throwback 2003 era form on to manage anything interesting. The Thunder don't have Ibaka, but do have length and muscle meat to throw at him: K Perkins, Steven Adams, Thabeet and his 7'3 height. They'll have to choke Duncan and make him into an offensively castrated player, and that means fight him hard, at all times. Relentless.
- Kawhi Leonard, Danny Green, Boris Diaw ? Who to guard the MVP ? Kawhi can only do so much, and they'll eventually have to switch defenders, Pop system is based on movement and rotation, and Durant is going to have fun with the other two - and hey, not that they're bad themselves.
Unless the Spurs put on a monumental performance that stretches to the end of the series in terms of team defense, Durant ain't scoring 14 a night. He's getting his 30's.

- Given the nature and makeup of both teams respectively, one ultra-pro and technical but old, the other very well coached too but athletic and young: I can see the Bellinellis and the Ginobilis struggle to get quality shots off against the likes of Thabo, KD, Westb, Regg Jackson...

- Not sure San Antonio have exactly what they'd have liked to attack the rim with Serge-Protector out of the paint. Duncan doesn't have as much grunt as before, and Tiago Splitter is a finesse big man.

Finally, San Antonio do have hca. But I'm saying: history has spoken once before, and let's not be naive and with short-memory enough to think San Antonio would show any signs of things to come if they win the first one, or even the first two. They could very well, all over again, lose the next 4 subsequently...

Man, I've only just switched on the Indy Heat game - a few minutes into the third BUT WOW I feel like I am watching the Lance Stevenson show. I haven't seen him play like this all season!

And Ill know you'll love this Ewis, Hibbert with 7 offensive boards vs a combined 3 from the entire Heat team :)

Last edited:
Man, I've only just switched on the Indy Heat game - a few minutes into the third BUT WOW I feel like I am watching the Lance Stevenson show. I haven't seen him play like this all season!

And Ill know you'll love this Ewis, Hibbert with 7 offensive boards vs a combined 3 from the entire Heat team :)

In saying that, very good last 6 minutes or so from the Heat. Closed the game out well with good D.

you mean he's actually playing to his potential ? Nothing to love...just getting it done, finally. What I do love is Indiana losing another game at home. They lost just 6 overall at home during he regular, and already 5 I believe in these very playoffs...
Anyways, Paul George with another solid Paul George performance there. Exactly what his team needed to secure a crucial home win. And Lance Steph may be a fantastic player, but he's the biggest piece of shhit in this entire league, by far, no debate (for me at very least).

Lastly, I'm a Bron fan, but c'mon man, you've GOT - like, you have GOT - to stop flopping like a bish every single time, dude...West grabs him on the fastbreak, his entire fall is a calculated athletic effort, like we're at the circus all of a sudden, and he stays down like he got his neck broken. Ffs, dude...get a fkng grip.
Exaggerating when fouled is okay as long as you sell a genuine foul to show the ref what's going on and make a foul on you obvious, but you can't just try to create out of absolutely nothing every single time. That's just what you call fkng bullshhit. Looking for the flagrant on every occasion...

The Spurs is coming, ****!! ( Russel Westbrook after Game 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never watched the actual show, but this is pretty well done ! And Pop scared the crap out of me there !! Thx for posting :p

EDIT:
my sentiment exactly, glad Stephen A. backs up my stance:

Last edited by a moderator:
After an extremely competitive round one the conference finals are a bit of a let down....

Maybe I jinx them, but Spurs look to have their series sewn up (probably in 5)
and Miami the same by the looks (in 6 maybe even 5 as well)

Hoping its the calm before the finals storm....

After an extremely competitive round one the conference finals are a bit of a let down....

Maybe I jinx them, but Spurs look to have their series sewn up (probably in 5)
and Miami the same by the looks (in 6 maybe even 5 as well)

Hoping its the calm before the finals storm....

agreed on all that. But I don't know about you jinxing it though...you know, it takes a special kind of knowledge to jinx an event...well, look at me here, what would I know, right ?!! HAHA !!....

Agreed: Heat in 6 and Spurs in...mm, I'd say 6.
And to be fair, even with Ibaka the whole series, the Thunder couldn't have beaten the Spurs I think. It would have been a bit tougher, but that's all...Ibaka back for G.3, let's see what the Thunder got.

agreed on all that. But I don't know about you jinxing it though...you know, it takes a special kind of knowledge to jinx an event...well, look at me here, what would I know, right ?!! HAHA !!....

Agreed: Heat in 6 and Spurs in...mm, I'd say 6.
And to be fair, even with Ibaka the whole series, the Thunder couldn't have beaten the Spurs I think. It would have been a bit tougher, but that's all...Ibaka back for G.3, let's see what the Thunder got.

Im not sure about that. I know the regular season is a different kettle of fish but 4 Zip to the Thunder has to say something. And today, with Ibaka, OKC just look like a much more complete team. Ibaka fills a few gaps on defense, but his presence alone seems to have throw a couple of the Spurs offensive possessions out of whack. And I think what he does on offense is under-rated as well.

It is going to be interesting to see how this series plays out now. Will Ibaka stay fit enough to play 25 to 35 per game? IF OKC can close out this game and IF Ibaka is health enough, then I think they will push the Spurs. Not sure they will win from 2 games down, but I think they could push them to a game 7.

Yes I saw what happened...the Spurs looked like the Spurs we classically know when playing the Thunder. Under pressure, unable to play their game, missing a lot...Ibaka's defense has changed the entire momentum of this series. And yes I agree, his offense is underrated.
I think the Spurs are going to analyse what went wrong yesterday, and make sure they manage to adapt to Ibaka's presence, and play "around him". But Ibaka in there takes away a TON of points they could've scored in the paint - in G.1 they scored 60 points in the paint in his absence.

I'm still going with Spurs in 6.

woohoo, another magnificent performance from Roy Hibbert. I see the allstar had another scoreless game, the big O - zero - against a team that literally doesn't have a single center in sight. No Chris Andersen even...unbelievable. Can't get over this guy Hibbert, just unbelievable....
watchin the game in a few hrs...can't wait to have a look at Hibbert...

K, ABeesTwothousandeleven, dis is it. Pacers gon die tonight, end of the road for dem. awwww shieeeet...

Lance Stephenson, this is for you buddy. No, no, really, you deserve it:

traffic-cone.jpg

So, Miami v Spurs? Who you got?

Any news on Parker?

I hope the Spurs win, BUT my head is saying the Heat.

A lot of talk about the Pacers on US radio. Talk about the feud between Stevenson and Turner, and George and Hibbert (over girls). Suggestion is that they ditch Hibbert and Stevenson and build a team around George. Should have gotten rid of the coach too I reckon. What a disaster! They had a golden opportunity to win the ***le this year but egos and lack of brains got in the way. Poor form Pacers!!

Latest posts