• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NBA Thread

It'll be interesting now to see who they can get to join him. George will almost certainly go, they probably need at least one more good piece to scare Golden State though.
I'm sure he signed knowing damn well the other pieces will be in place. I'd expect Leonard or someone in the following week or so. Cap space isn't an issue Thursday and they have spent few years preparing for this 2018 free agency

Anything positive I've said about this sport I take back. It's a stain on the american sporting landscape.

We* are essentially a collection of guys who were really good in college but have struggled in the NBA. I think another year in the league along with the cavs falling out of playoffs gives them a chance.

* I'm a sixers fan but I half heartedly support whichever team I live closest to. If worked wonders when the caps won it this year. Alas, things won't be as good when I become a canes fan.

Should be an interesting regular season and playoffs, at least by NBA standards. Celtics get two all stars back onto a team that was an inch away from making the Finals. The young Sixers will be a year older. The defending no. 1 seed in the East exchanged an all star for a MVP candidate, provided he is healthy and happy. Adding Lebron to the Lakers at least throws a minor potential wrench in the Warriors and Rockets march to the Western Conference Finals. There's three teams in each conference that would seem to have at least a fair chance.

The NBA needs to crunch up the draft lottery odds and add the last four playoff seeds from each conference. Right now there are 14 teams, the gap between the best and worst odds at the no. 1 pick are 13.5%, and the lottery determines the top 3 picks. Make it 22 teams, the gap something like 8%, and the lottery determines the top 5. Should take care of tanking, but would still give the best players to teams which as currently constituted are not going to win a championship.

Also, go to the baseball system where you can choose to enter the draft out of high school, but you have to stay in college for 2 years if you go that route. Allow the NBA teams to stash any high school drafted player in the D-League for up to 2 years that don't count towards becoming a free agent if they want.

I was born and raised in SoCal and have been a Lakers fan for nearly 50 years. They'll be better with LeBron of course, but I don't see them contending with Golden State for a couple of years. The Warriors starting five is incredible and they have a very deep bench. It'll take awhile for the Lakers young players to mesh with LeBron as it did in Cleveland.

I was born and raised in SoCal and have been a Lakers fan for nearly 50 years. They'll be better with LeBron of course, but I don't see them contending with Golden State for a couple of years. The Warriors starting five is incredible and they have a very deep bench. It'll take awhile for the Lakers young players to mesh with LeBron as it did in Cleveland.
Yeah, I doubt they even make the Western Finals. However, when you add the best player in the NBA to a new team it at least requires watching. One of the NBA's big problem is it's perceived predictability, and with superstars changing teams that should at least make things a big more interesting.

If I remember right there were one or two other Knicks fans around here. A rubbish start to the season (so what's new), but I detect a bit of backbone being developed and a gradual removal of those horrible third quarter lapses that cost us so many games. I'm only following highlights, so I have no insight, but it's been two games on the bounce where the Knicks have refused to go quietly into the night.

If I liked to dabble I'd be seeing what odds I could get on the Knicks making 8th seed.

If I remember right there were one or two other Knicks fans around here. A rubbish start to the season (so what's new), but I detect a bit of backbone being developed and a gradual removal of those horrible third quarter lapses that cost us so many games. I'm only following highlights, so I have no insight, but it's been two games on the bounce where the Knicks have refused to go quietly into the night.

If I liked to dabble I'd be seeing what odds I could get on the Knicks making 8th seed.

Knicks fan here and last few games have given great hope. A real team spirit building too which is great compared to last few years

Knicks fan here and last few games have given great hope. A real team spirit building too which is great compared to last few years

Me and my big mouth. The danger of basing predictions on highlights. We pretty much have collapsed across the board from the game after I was feeling good about things. What happened?

Me and my big mouth. The danger of basing predictions on highlights. We pretty much have collapsed across the board from the game after I was feeling good about things. What happened?
Yep. The game against the Greek freek and Co should've been the turning point to kick on but nope

#lolknicks

getting almost nothing back for a potential superstar... apparently kristaps was super unhappy with the direction of the franchise

#lolknicks

getting almost nothing back for a potential superstar... apparently kristaps was super unhappy with the direction of the franchise
They got a deal that allows 2 players at max salary cap be signed. No players but alot of cap space. Knicks gave been desperate the last few years but New York will always draw players and if they do it right this could rebuild nicely. Kev Durant may be tempted.

They got a deal that allows 2 players at max salary cap be signed. No players but alot of cap space. Knicks gave been desperate the last few years but New York will always draw players and if they do it right this could rebuild nicely. Kev Durant may be tempted.
No player wants to play for James Dolan. They'll sign two guys to max deals but I highly doubt it will be Durant and Irving like people are hoping.

No player wants to play for James Dolan. They'll sign two guys to max deals but I highly doubt it will be Durant and Irving like people are hoping.
Can't see Irving but KD I think can be convinced. Dolan I agree is an obstacle but I still think the lure of being the Knicks guy is big.
Any way here in Atlanta it NFL weekend to enjoy before I get back to football mode although I'll watch Knicks later on

Toronto gonna finish the job tonight? Haven't really got to keep up with the finals as much as I'd like but the Warriors luck appears to have run dry.

Latest posts