• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NCAA football 2006

U

USArugger

So Rugby 06 is somewhat of a disappointment. Because of this I restarted my dynasty. I finished the season I had left and won my third straight national ***le. I promptly quit and took over as coach of perennial 1-star Austin Peay (created team). I love this game.

have you seen the previews for NCAA 2007, its looks pretty impressive. Reggie Bush is gonna be on the cover this year.

Then he went and got himself taken Number 2.

Not really liking the Features for NCAA 2007 so far, most it seems preety pointless... or crappy... most of it just seems to be expanding on RTHF, and it looks like Captain America wasn't joking about actually having to take classes eventually in the original topic from what I heard (Although I don't think Basket Weaving will be an option :( ) Although there appears to be some solid new options.

I'm only playing a 2 games a week of NCAA Football at the most at the moment (1-3, Year 3.. finally started an Alaska Cupcake team, but it appears it's on its last legs)... but I haven't left the campus, College Hoops 2K6 is once again my new addiction. Might start playing some more just so I can brag about my awesomeness on the Turf.

But Madden 2007 looks like to be the Football game of the year so far, at least on Current Gen. Next Gen still has the lame ass PA annoucer in games... and the only big addition to franchise mode appears to be Mini Camp where you can run 40's and **** while the PS2/XBox gets a better scouting system and College All Star games to its already superior franchise mode as well as a better sounding Superstar Mode.

But what I like the most :
Earn enough influence, and one day you'll be inducted into the Hall of Fame. But you won't be the only legend in the game as EA Sports went out and signed approximately 160 legends this year for you to unlock in Madden. Players like Barry Sanders, Steve Largent, Walter Payton, Earl Campbell, Deacon Jones, Dan Fouts, and Sonny Jurgensen. Some, like Sanders, have dominated Madden games in the past. Others like Earl Campbell, might just make those Truck Stick moves more lethal than ever.[/b]

http://sports.ign.com/articles/705/705351p2.html

They've said they are gonna fix the blocking system, whats the bets punt returns will still be lame ass? :D

i hear in ncaa 2007 they will have a thing with academics and you have to take a test or somethin, and if you do bad your heisman character will become ineligible, but i also heard the test isnt timed so you can use google

the harder the major you pick the harder the test

I started up again as Southern Illinois in the MAC. I am not allowed to play any games. I have to SIM them all. It goes pretty quickly. In season recruiting is the biggest effort. I have to take whatever result the console gives out. I already got fired from SIU so I am taking another 1 star job (all I can get). I am considering leaving all altuistic goals behind. No loyalty or anything. I may jump-ship to a better team if offered. My goal is only to make me (the coach) the most famous coach in the land. Anyone have experience with SIMMING games? It seems like I can't quite get the right defensive balance between run/pass sometimes.

If you want to get realistic sim numbers use this guide from Maddenmania.

You MUST DOWNLOAD THIS DOCUMENT:
http://www.utopiafootball.com/forums//atta...53&d=1123679569
....Microsoft Excel sheet That Timothy Stratten initialy created (Thanks Tim!) and DoctorHay and Myself kept working on. Print It up And Set up your FIXED DYNASTY

Step by step instructions to FIX the sim engine:

It makes no difference whether you play Varsity, AA, or Heisman. The sim Engine doesn't recognize the level you play on as a Factor.

1)
Download the spreadsheet and print it up. Make sure that the document is configured properly for your print set up so everything gets printed, ie. no missing categories.

2)
Turn on your xbox, (or Ps2), make sure you have the roster loaded you want to start a dynasty with. Make sure that your AI settings are loaded that you want to use in your dynasty.

3)
Be in a comfortable chair, with a new pack of Ciggs, a clean ashtray, a Notepad and pencil, and a pot of coffee....your gonna be here for a while.

4)
Select Game Mode "DYNASTY", pick the team or teams that you are going to play with and start it.

5 )
Now the fun starts, go to "Coaching Strategies".

6)
Before you get into this, take the phone off the hook, it get's confusing as hell if you get distracted by someone that makes you stop.

7)
It is a lot easier while doing this if you scroll through the teams in the game to the first team on the list in the excel spreadsheet, AKRON. Make up your mind that the sequence will be to adjust both all of the offensive, and all of the defensive coaching strategy sliders for each team in the alphabetical sequence that they appear in the spreadsheet on a Team by Team basis, following down the list in the spreadsheet...otherwise you might lose your place....don't want to do that.

8)
EXAMPLE OF HOW TO DO EACH TEAM:

AKRON=Example Team

Offense:
RUN/PASS=57/43
Move the slider untill it reflects 57%RUN/43%PASS

AGGRESSION=13%
Move the slider ALL OF THE WAY TO THE LEFT UNTIL IT IS EMPTY,(0%), then COUNT BACK TO THE RIGHT 13 "Clicks, this will represent "13%".

SUB%=67%
Since this is above 50% for this particular team, it is EASIER to move the slider ALL OF THE WAY TO THE RIGHT FIRST, this will represent 100%, then COUNT BACK DOWN TO THE LEFT 33 "Clicks". This is now representing 67%-(100% minus 33%=67%)

Akron's offense is now done, now do the same Process for Akron's DEFENSE

After the Defense is done for AKRON you will scroll to the next team on the list.."AIR FORCE". BE CAREFUL that you are on AIR FORCE'S OFFENSE Before you start moving things around....You want to make sure every step of the way so their is no doubt in your mind when you are all done that you have adjusted everything to the exact values that are displayed in the spreadsheet.

9)
Do this for ALL TEAMS. (I know it sux), Don't worry, after you do a few teams you will get a feel for it and be able to establish a Flow that will make it much faster than you think.

Ok, it's now a couple of hours later and you just finished FIXING all of the Teams...........

BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ELSE SAVE YOUR DYNASTY NOW so no matter what happens later on, you can always start your dynasty over from this point..You don't want to have to do this again.

READY TO PLAY?

Ok, Your a Hardcore Player, you want to start playing right now even though your Left Thumb is tired from "Counting Clicks".

Let's say that YOUR TEAM is the mighty MICHIGAN WOLVERINES,(Go BLUE!). The first game on your schedule is NORTHERN ILLINOIS.

BEFORE YOU START PLAYING YOUR GAME

1)
Go to COACHING STRATEGIES
Put all of the Coaching Strategy Sliders For both MICHIGAN and NORTHERN ILLINOIS back to their ORIGINAL SETTINGS which I have documented for you on Page One of the excel spreadsheet.

2)
Play your Game

3)
After your game is over, RE ADJUST THE COACHING STRATEGY SLIDERS BACK TO "The Fix" settings, using the spreadsheet. This will insure that the team you just played against keeps simulating it's other games realisticly.

Sorry for the delay getting it up on the site, But Helli sent me an Email letting me know he was going to put it up this evening when he got home
Sm27
[/b]

Thanks Ripper, but I really don't care about realistic. What I want to know is... If I am playing a team (Tulsa for example) and they have 289 passing yards/game and 137 rushing yards/game where should I set my sliders? for the best chance to beat them since I am not playing the game myself.

What are the advantages of higher or lower substitutions/aggressiveness, etc... I am starting to figure it out, but i was hoping someone could throw out some hints. I also wonder if it helps at all to change from a 4-3 to a 4-2-5 or 3-3 against a passing team...

Thanks again Ripper...

I'm not really an expert on simming on EA Sports games (I would if I could... but every game comes with a crock of **** sim engine... which hit Rock Bottom with Madden 06 and NCAA 06 - Lienart threw 57 TD's and 37 QB's had completions % of over 65% in my final season before I found that sim engine fix on MM)

But from what I can gather from personal experience and my trawling through various forums is that Agressiveness changes the way you/your team plays. The more aggressive you are the more likely alot of high risk plays are going to be called. You often end up with passing statlines like 50% completion, 3 TD's, 3 INT's and 15 yards per pass attempt.

Or on defense you are more likely to get a sack but at the same time you are going to get burnt alot. Subsitutions from what I can tell don't really have much affect as player tiredness aren't factored into the sim engine.

OK Thanks. The web-sense Nazis here won't let me on the web-site.

Does not matter. I have no idea how it happened, but I went through one season with my new 1-star team and went 6-6. Had a decent recruiting class and then went 11-1 the following year and won coach of the year. When the Golden Gophers came calling I had to go to my actual alma mater. I recruited decently (#17 class) and now I am 5-2 with the Golden Gophers and heading into a big game against Michigan for the Little Brown Jug.

Southern Illinois is trying hard be competitive with me gone. I bet the AD is kicking himself in the ass. He fires me and two years later I go 11-1 and win National Coach of the Year at a Sun-Belt School to remain nameless. Three years later I am the head-coach of a winning team in the Big Ten. How do you like them apples? Starting next year I will schedule SIU every season just to rub their noses in the fact that they fed me to the wolves. Revenge is sweet.

Latest posts