• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nelson Mandela's health issues

Post Madiba what I hope for is that the average ANC supporter will be.. released from what is almost a cultural requirement of voting ANC because of Madiba. The ANC as is is nothing but corrupt to its very core. True, the alternatives aren't much better but IMO that's mostly beacue they are forced to 'fight dirty' and play negative tactics to be able to even remotely battle the entrenched ANC.

I have a lot of respect for Mandela in later years but for the greater good of SA he made 1 very critical error and that is in taking up his role as president as part of the ANC. How many times in Africa have we seen the 'liberator' become the oppressor? And that is exactly what the ANC is. Mandela should have lead for 1 term and then disbanded the ANC in its entirety and really let a new dawn in with all parties coming to the party on an even footing to allow for true democracy. Build a huge monument to the struggle for equal rights in the country (which IMO should never have been 1 republic but that is a whole other discussion) and acknowledge the ANC's involvement (but lets not get into details there..) but then let it be at that; thats what ought o have happened after 1992.

Just an Update

Nelson Mandela has been released from hospital yesterday and was taken to his home in Johannesburg as his illness has been treated to such an extent that he can go home, and be monitored by his nurse.

Just an Update

Nelson Mandela has been released from hospital yesterday and was taken to his home in Johannesburg as his illness has been treated to such an extent that he can go home, and be monitored by his nurse.

well isn't that just essential news right there...nay, vital.
Thank you heineken, thank you.

He lives to be part of the ANC propaganda for another couple of weeks/months

Mandela's role in thwarting the zombie apocalypse is probably his most forgotten feat.

Sequel to Lincoln Vampire Hunter?
Can't wait for Gandhi, Werewolf Slayer.

World War Z kiddo.

Also, Gandhi already has his place in popular culture secured by virtue of being a tyrannical warlord in Civilization V.

Civ5_gandhi_banner2-290x270.jpg

Think this ***le needs changing, hours has turned into weeks.

As my granddad said while watching the news the other night "he's a stubborn bugger, good on 'im

WWZ was a film though. And book.
Keep up.

Never saw the film, apparently the changes are pretty radical, to the point that the author has disowned. The book is certainly worth the read.

Never saw the film, apparently the changes are pretty radical, to the point that the author has disowned. The book is certainly worth the read.

I think zombies are back to being at the forefront, replacing vampires. Now we need a zombie/superhero film with ****loads of CGI. Just what the industry needs.

I think zombies are back to being at the forefront, replacing vampires. Now we need a zombie/superhero film with ****loads of CGI. Just what the industry needs.

World War Z was never suited to be a film to be honest. The book is written as a series of interviews with prominent figures in the aftermath of the conflict, which doesn't translate well to the big screen. Also, it's supposed to be a long and protracted conflict, which again is a problem. Would have made a whopper HBO show imo, probably better than The Walking Dead.

I think Zombies have pretty much had their day at this stage. They've had a lot of exposure lately (Walking Dead, World War Z, I Am Legend & its upcoming sequel, etc.) and there's very little you can do with them. The next supernatural threat fad should be a sudden Bear uprising.

We've gone slightly off topic.

Zombie Vampire Bears.

This thread has improved greatly. Much more entertaining than apartheid debates, which should be left to 1960/70s student unions.

With laser shooters on their heads. **** it, I'm gonna try and draw that ****.

Zombie bear cavalry? TRF opens its publishing side. We can see if we can get friend of the site Ed Fairhurst to promote it. Maybe a James Haskell, he doesn't seem to be up to much these days.

It's much less catchy.

As the number of hours was never specified I feel this change was an unwarranted act of mod terrorism.

Latest posts