• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Footage for you today

L

locksley

UPDATE
----------------
I've managed to trimthe file size from 256mb to 184mb, with no noticable loss of quality. However, I don't have any more room on my server to add it. :( I've tried yousendit.com, but it's taking forever and only allows so many downloads.

So....

If anyone has any webspace (Enough to host a 184mb vid, 27minutes long) then PM me and I'll send you my email address so that you can add me to your MSN. I'll then send the vid across to you. Cheers.

ADDED 10:15am

----------------------------

Satisfying fend to score a try

-----------------------------

Hello All

I'm in the process of Uploading some new footage for you. It's a big one this time!
  • New Zealand v Scotland on Normal mode
  • 28 Minutes long
  • 257 MB
  • 720x576 - Dimensions
  • Shows a few menus
  • More Camera Angles including Side View & Broadcast View
Hope you enjoy it. Keep your eyes peeled. It'll be posted in this thread sometime today!

Lox

Thanks Locks - any chnace of playing on expert mode so we can see how good the Ai is against the scots! Just thought as most peoiple will be playing this mode

Cheers :bravo:

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 9 2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks Locks - any chnace of playing on expert mode so we can see how good the Ai is against the scots! Just thought as most peoiple will be playing this mode

Cheers :bravo:
This vid was already on my PC from the beginning of the week, so that's why it's going up.

If for some reason, the game isn't released tomorrow, I'll do one then.

no worries thanks - loved the AUS NZ vid by the way! - r u still finding it a challenge after a few weeks play?

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 9 2006, 10:00 PM
no worries thanks - loved the AUS NZ vid by the way! - r u still finding it a challenge after a few weeks play?
Yes. Even more so after playing RC2006 for a while. It took a while to get back into, but once I did, I couldn't put it down. I even take my PS2 to work to play it on my breaks. Now, the only other game I did that with was Shadow of the Colossus.

when can we expect the footage locks, im moist with anticipation.

moist: positively filthy word.

Locks stop it you are really starting to get my hopes :D man am Itrying to keep a level head this time at least these videos are keeping me from getting over excited. I have not been to impressed by the Ai.

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 9 2006, 10:18 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 9 2006, 10:00 PM
Yes. Even more so after playing RC2006 for a while. It took a while to get back into, but once I did, I couldn't put it down. I even take my PS2 to work to play it on my breaks. Now, the only other game I did that with was Shadow of the Colossus. [/b]
Now that was a good game! Geeze showing our age a bit though!! ;)

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 9 2006, 11:21 PM-->
Originally posted by locksley@Feb 9 2006, 10:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44

Yes. Even more so after playing RC2006 for a while. It took a while to get back into, but once I did, I couldn't put it down. I even take my PS2 to work to play it on my breaks. Now, the only other game I did that with was Shadow of the Colossus.
Now that was a good game! Geeze showing our age a bit though!! ;) [/b]
:eek:

Showing our age?????? Are you thinking of Shadow of the Beast? lol

Shadow of the Colossus isn't out over here yet. I have an imported US version.

im loving all this footage, cant wait to get it now!

also,shadow of the colossus is bloody brilliant, well worth getting

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 9 2006, 11:24 PM-->
Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 9 2006, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by locksley@Feb 9 2006, 10:18 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44

Now that was a good game! Geeze showing our age a bit though!! ;)
:eek:

Showing our age?????? Are you thinking of Shadow of the Beast? lol

Shadow of the Colossus isn't out over here yet. I have an imported US version. [/b]
oops ur right, think I got the wrong game!! Not shadow of the beast though. There was a game on sega mega drive called shadow something. Japanese beat em up if I remember rightly - classic game though sore on the thumbs!

Originally posted by TheBokke@Feb 9 2006, 10:32 PM
Locks stop it you are really starting to get my hopes :D man am Itrying to keep a level head this time at least these videos are keeping me from getting over excited. I have not been to impressed by the Ai.
If you liked 2005 you will love it. 06 still has a lot of the 2005 flaws though. All chasing the ball, diagonal running, poor pitch view.

Kicking is improved and the offloads add to the flow of play etc. If you didnt like 2005 though im not sure you will like this

Pitch view for me is no problem I like sideview which looks good. If I played any other view I would be upset as I don`t like the look of Locks vids it just does not seem real to me. I don`t know if it is just me but when they break the line and get further down the field the players seem to shrink as they struggle to implement the correct dimesions of the field and player.

I reckon this game will be far from perfect but for me will be the best on the market at the moment. As long as they eradicted the early animation kicking in I will be happy I am past worring about rucking systems as it seems it is to difficult to implement. AAAhhhhhh long live of JLR still the king :)

jlr is not the king - dont be silly - it cannot compete with the modern games of today

Originally posted by loratadine@Feb 9 2006, 04:54 PM
jlr is not the king - dont be silly - it cannot compete with the modern games of today
Tis a classic though, no doubt there.

modern does not equal good.

just think of the greats:

bomberman
mariokart
goldeneye
and jlr

Originally posted by davidson@Feb 10 2006, 05:11 AM

bomberman
mariokart
goldeneye
and jlr
JLR is still the king of rugby games. Rc2006 is good, Rugby 06 will be another good game, but neither will beat JLR for gameplay.

I think next year we'll have a new king though - and i bet it will be RC 2007

Originally posted by bman2112+Feb 9 2006, 05:23 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-davidson
@Feb 10 2006, 05:11 AM

bomberman
mariokart
goldeneye
and jlr
JLR is still the king of rugby games. Rc2006 is good, Rugby 06 will be another good game, but neither will beat JLR for gameplay.

I think next year we'll have a new king though - and i bet it will be RC 2007 [/b]
Bet you it's not... what with Swordfish not making any more games and all...

Latest posts