• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Expert Level Footage Here

Thanks lox

The game looks so much like last year
no.gif

Im not really looking forward to this game anymore
down.gif

Great vid Locks!, really has wetted the appetite and removed any fears I may have had about playing the game on the highest difficulty level.

LIKES........

*Things such as sidestep, quick passing, fend etc actually WORK and are not just there for show.
*Variety of play. Sometimes gaps appear up the guts, sometimes out wide. Computer AI seems to vary it's play nicely as well.
*Makes RL2 look the pile it really is. Clean breaks, run away tries, snappy passing, forwards that are useful.............
*Rucks seemed to have logical reasons for why they are won/lost - don't think I saw one in the All Blacks vid where I said "what happened there?" Generally lost possession due to isolated runner, not enough men at the breakdown, occasional big hit.
*On higher levels you can actually win some possession! Computer doesn't seem to cheat, or is far less obvious if it does. That annoying "slow down your players speed on higher difficulty to make it harder" not evident.
*Cut scenes look great, replays a nice addition, atmosphere improved and the commentary fairly solid.
*Better players seem to stick out more (even those not considered "star players").

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Feb 9 2006, 07:34 AM
Thanks lox

The game looks so much like last year
no.gif

Im not really looking forward to this game anymore
down.gif
It may "look" like last years game, but from what I've seen it doesn't "play" like last years game.................

Of course it will look similar - it is using the same graphics - HOWEVER that wasn't the problem with rugby 2005 was it?

Fantastic vid Lox, really appreciate it. Loving the rendition of Waltzing Matilda from the crowd, hoping for similar detail in other stadiums.

Also think the Pro Evo style highlights at the end of the match are a very good idea.

Just one question; do you know if it's possible to turn those bloody stars off? I can imagine getting very annoyed having those on screen all the time when I get the game.

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche@Feb 9 2006, 07:39 AM
Great vid Locks!, really has wetted the appetite and removed any fears I may have had about playing the game on the highest difficulty level.

LIKES........

*Things such as sidestep, quick passing, fend etc actually WORK and are not just there for show.
*Variety of play. Sometimes gaps appear up the guts, sometimes out wide. Computer AI seems to vary it's play nicely as well.
*Makes RL2 look the pile it really is. Clean breaks, run away tries, snappy passing, forwards that are useful.............
*Rucks seemed to have logical reasons for why they are won/lost - don't think I saw one in the All Blacks vid where I said "what happened there?" Generally lost possession due to isolated runner, not enough men at the breakdown, occasional big hit.
*On higher levels you can actually win some possession! Computer doesn't seem to cheat, or is far less obvious if it does. That annoying "slow down your players speed on higher difficulty to make it harder" not evident.
*Cut scenes look great, replays a nice addition, atmosphere improved and the commentary fairly solid.
*Better players seem to stick out more (even those not considered "star players").
What I find strange is how differently the AI plays between the ENG v FRA game and this one - France AI played really badly, using the same set play over and over again, and the kicking was even worse! I wonder when the AI is France whether it always plays that badly or whether it varies how it plays games?

Thanks Locks. I think it looks good and seems to have eradicated some of the issues of 05 but I think the AI is still pretty poor and if that is the best they can do(AI) with the All Blacks it won`t be long before you won`t be losing a game.

Loved your tackle on Roco Locks :p had me laughing for awhile man you killed that invisible player on Roco`s inside :D leading up to his try.

Originally posted by TheBokke@Feb 9 2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks Locks. I think it looks good and seems to have eradicated some of the issues of 05 but I think the AI is still pretty poor and if that is the best they can do(AI) with the All Blacks it won`t be long before you won`t be losing a game.

Loved your tackle on Roco Locks :p had me laughing for awhile man you killed that invisible player on Roco`s inside :D leading up to his try.
I agree - I recon the AI looks way to easy on expert level.

What I liked a lot was the Ai being offside, hands in the ruck, big hitting etc. making it possible to score some penalties this time. On 05, it was rare the chance to do so, but this version looks much more realistic in that aspect.

Originally posted by jimmy44+Feb 9 2006, 07:58 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke
@Feb 9 2006, 07:55 AM

Loved your tackle on Roco Locks :p  had me laughing for awhile man you killed that invisible player on Roco`s inside :D  leading up to his try.
I agree - I recon the AI looks way to easy on expert level. [/b]
Maybe - though hard to tell just from a couple of vids (and Locks has been playing for some time).

I'm sure if you had someone like Tonga playing the All Blacks you'd have a real challenge for an extended period of time.......

can you turn the stars off? just watching some of the other vids, (still downloading this one) the stars are sure to annoy me after a while

Originally posted by Ride The Cliche+Feb 9 2006, 08:01 AM-->
Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 9 2006, 07:58 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke
@Feb 9 2006, 07:55 AM

Loved your tackle on Roco Locks :p  had me laughing for awhile man you killed that invisible player on Roco`s inside :D  leading up to his try.

I agree - I recon the AI looks way to easy on expert level.
Maybe - though hard to tell just from a couple of vids (and Locks has been playing for some time).

I'm sure if you had someone like Tonga playing the All Blacks you'd have a real challenge for an extended period of time....... [/b]
I'm hoping you can alter your squad, say England or Australia, and bring in weaker players to make it more of a challenge. This worked quite well in rugby 2005!

I am a bit disapointed because I have heard so much that the Ai is great , that it can do this and do that, but quite clearly from the videos it can't and isn't all that much better than rugby 2005, especially as this is supposed to be expert level! I think you can tell quite a lot from these vids.

Also locks has only been playing the game for a couple of weeks or so - I recon it took me about that time to master hard level on rugby 2005! I expected him to be beaten quite badly on expert level considering some of the games he's had on normal, no offense to you Locks! :p

seeing as locks ain't here at the moment, any chance one of yous that has the Eng v Fra match to post the extracted .wmv file up here (say, using YouSendIt.com)?

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 9 2006, 08:25 AM
seeing as locks ain't here at the moment, any chance one of yous that has the Eng v Fra match to post the extracted .wmv file up here (say, using YouSendIt.com)?
sorry mate i downloaded the filwe using my work computer - i don't have broadband here :(

hey locks ...thanks for the vids..
just a Q...is there any homeground advantage?...or do some teams perform poorly away from home?

Just had a quick look at the nz oz vid. One thing that i didnt like was that locksleys fullback was never at home, and yet someone was always back for the opposition to catch it on the full. This makes it a tad unfair. The defensive lines are all over the place! That awsome try locks scored was off the first phase, so much for having to work for a gap!! Classy try though. The ai definatley dosnt look to hot, but everything else seems so damn good. I wouldve expected the best team in the game to do much better on expert, the semi runnaway they scored was only coz locks missed a dive tackle, so i cant see them being too threatning once we have mastered the tackling. NZ kicked away far too much ball, and if locks could hav one all his own scrums, nz would hav had bugger all possesion. Despite these things it looks like awsome fun, you can score proper rugby tries. Ill just use my made up rules that helped me prolong rugby 2005.

The pro evo style replays at the end are a dream come true! How many are there? are there big hit replays? Do they loop until you quit? Tell me more!!!???

Cheers locksley.

good to see the tactical kicking has improved. I saw Daniel Carter unleashed a monster of his kick from his own 22 to aus 22.

Originally posted by Paddy@Feb 9 2006, 03:39 PM
good to see the tactical kicking has improved. I saw Daniel Carter unleashed a monster of his kick from his own 22 to aus 22.
that scares the **** outta me

imagine Johnny Wilsonson then

Tryline to tryline

u know they wont make him crap........even though he has past expiry.....

i wonder if it says in the game what each star player's special ability is...locks, knowsly??

Latest posts