• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Expert Level Footage Here

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Feb 8 2006, 11:54 PM-->
Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 8 2006, 11:51 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Fullbackno1
@Feb 8 2006, 11:11 PM
hi mate

i cant open the file? realplayer wont play it? any chance you can put it so windows media player can play it? or help me out in trying to watch it?

thanks

I can't get it to work either, It saves as a .rar file. Am I supposed to change something here
Right click it, Extract to Blahdeeblah...

This may take a couple of seconds or else it will be instantaneous. It will then be a folder with two .wmv's in it.

That's how you do it in Linux. Pretty much the same thing in Windows...Just worded differently I think...

[edit].... Read locksleys post. Makes more sense.

Oh, and I was hoping to see a bigger score than that. It's a shame the AI couldn't get a couple of tries past you. [/b]
Yeah, it was a little disappointing as a match. The AUS v NZ match is MILES better. A few tries scored, try savers, big hits etc. It's got it all.

Won't be able to post it up for a couple of hours yet. Using an external upload website and it's giving me grief! :wall:

Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 9 2006, 12:03 AM
Locks I see from the video when the ball is kicked it looks like it leaves a trail is that right?
Woah..I've Never noticed that. :eek:

Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 8 2006, 10:46 PM
So on expert mode you can still use your pace to its full extent once youve broken the line? You know, do you get run down unfairly like in RL2?

You use the analog stick to tackle?
Yes you can Ceejay. I created a bit of space near half way in the middle of the pitch in the Aus v NZ game, and sprinted away for a great try. I HATED the way RL2 defenders just got you time and time again as soon as you broke the line. God that game gives me shivers! Brrrrrrrr

Rugby 06 gives the best sensation of working hard to create a gap, knowing that you CAN sprint away and not be unfairly run down.

I love RC2006, and have spent a lot of time on it lately, but Rugby 06 has now taken up my videogaming time, and I can't see it being taken from my PS2 for a long long time yet!

Locks can you chose your national team from a large pool of players like rugby 2005? - e.g if I wanted to make England a weaker team?

Cheers

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 9 2006, 12:09 AM
Locks can you chose your national team from a large pool of players like rugby 2005? - e.g if I wanted to make England a weaker team?

Cheers
Not on friendlies I don't think. I'm not 100% sure really, I haven't tried it.

video looks awesome, was disappointed not to see any tries. i hope the AI isnt too weak at scoring.

looks pretty sweet from that video.

Originally posted by Inertia@Feb 9 2006, 12:11 AM
video looks awesome, was disappointed not to see any tries. i hope the AI isnt too weak at scoring.

looks pretty sweet from that video.
Believe me, the AI are very good at scoring tries. I was very surprised that they didn't in that match really. They do in the AUS v NZ vid. You'll see that in a couple of hours.

Good thing is their doesn't seem to be excessive turnovers at every ruck on expert. That made 05 unplayable.

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 9 2006, 12:10 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 9 2006, 12:09 AM

Cheers
Not on friendlies I don't think. I'm not 100% sure really, I haven't tried it. [/b]
Sorry what I meant is in rugby 2005 there was the option to change your squad, from the menu in the opening screen I think, which you could then save onto a new roster. You could then use this new team for all friendlies, tournaments etc. I used it to make England worse as they were too good in 2005! I'm sure you must be able to do this in 2006?

Wow Locks, my views:

* Its great to see the actual backs attack.

* It hasn't got EA branded ALL over it this time, instead it has the teams crest's...

* Nice smooth gameplay.

* Nice vaired attacks from the opposition make it more exciting..

* And what the **** was that grubber you kicked that went like 2 metres straight to the French... :D

Nice video and good solid game locks........

a few things i noticed :

AI : France used the exact same set play during the whole game failing it 100% of time.
Did you see that occur a lot in expert mode ?? (not very cool)

the kicking game of AI doesn't seem very accurate, they failed to kick in touch a few times.

The defense looks rock solid, it's really hard to have a breakaway and if you get tackle and your isolated from support then you lose the ball ( that's cool, looks true to real life rugby)

the action sometimes looks messy but overall it was very plaisant to watch.

the offload passes are just too good of an addition to this year's game

Quick penalties doesn't seem to work as the defense does not bother stepping back so there's no room to play.

off topic :
WHY IS YANNICK NYANGA THE ONLY STAR PLAYER ON THE FRENCH TEAM.....i can't believe this, the guy only has 6 or 8 caps and he's unproven, why not Pelous or Michalak, Dominici, Jauzion, Betsen........damn

anyway It's really looking good, i can't wait to play it

THANX LOCKS

Originally posted by jimmy44@Feb 9 2006, 12:21 AM
Sorry what I meant is in rugby 2005 there was the option to change your squad, from the menu in the opening screen I think, which you could then save onto a new roster. You could then use this new team for all friendlies, tournaments etc. I used it to make England worse as they were too good in 2005! I'm sure you must be able to do this in 2006?
Cool i didnt know that you can do that?
can you remember how excactly you did it?

fantastic video! looks like its really hard to get a try in the game and nice to see the a.i. giving pen's away.
in the last minute of the 2nd half....why o why did the french not go hands to the left, they were away and if they had, a try 4 sure. french flair? or desperation for a try in last min of game? lol. hard to gain ground without using tactical kicking, good. good to see the quick lineouts too.

cheers matey, looking 4ward to the NZ vs Aus game

Originally posted by gallopaway+Feb 9 2006, 12:34 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Feb 9 2006, 12:21 AM
Sorry what I meant is in  rugby 2005 there was the option to change your squad, from the menu in the opening screen I think, which you could then save onto a new roster. You could then use this new team for all friendlies, tournaments etc. I used it to make England worse as they were too good in 2005! I'm sure you must be able to do this in 2006?
Cool i didnt know that you can do that?
can you remember how excactly you did it? [/b]
You just go into the squad screen choose your team from the huge pool of players and then save under 'roster' in the save game menu. When you load up the game again make sure you load your profile and saved roster and you will have access to your new team! It was great because you can tone town teams that are too good and improve teams that are bad!

Locks, can you substitute more than one player at once?

Can you change the position's of the players throughout the match?

Originally posted by locksley+Feb 8 2006, 10:21 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Feb 8 2006, 10:16 PM
Locksley, what did you personally think of expert mode?
Well, it's the mode I'll be playing on from now on. It's really hard to make breaks, but not impossible. You have to work hard and I like that.

I'm struggling on goal kicks for some reason. When I push X to stop the bar as it comes down, it doesn't seem to register. Very strange, as it's been ok for the other games.

Also, I'm swaying towards getting annoyed at Dive tackles. In RL2 and RC2006, the tackler sort of "Homed in" on the ball carrier. This doesn't happen in 06, and you really have to make sure you're on the ball with the analog stick to make the tackle, otherwise you just end up diving at thin air. After extended play, I think it's the acutal perspective of the classic 2 view that makes it hard to really line up the player for the hit. It looks as though you're nearer to the player than you actually are. Strange.

Saying that though, watch the Aus v NZ vid and almost at the beginning I pull of a real try saving tackle and bundle the player into touch right on the line. Class :D [/b]
Do you think the goal kicking problem is a bug on expert level? (perhaps try pressing it slightly early?)

Did you have the same porblem in Aus v NZ match?

Cheers

hrmm, is it just me or does the AI never spreads it to the wings. Like the last seconds from the video, france had like a 3 man over lapped but they never passed it

Locks, when you grace the forum again with your presence, I see on the vid about 62 mins into the game you do a little grubber kick and the ball, instead of going forward it goes 90 degree's to the left, was this intentional or was that the ball physics that caused the ball to behave like this

Originally posted by Paddy@Feb 9 2006, 01:04 AM
hrmm, is it just me or does the AI never spreads it to the wings. Like the last seconds from the video, france had like a 3 man over lapped but they never passed it
the french team used the same special move over and over again - fingers crossed the aus nz game is better!

Latest posts