• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Kits 2012 Season

I like that we've gone back to dark socks with the home kit.

The change kit is supposed to represent the tracksuits worn by the team for anthems etc. in the 70s/80s/90s, or something like that.

Now I've seen a proper pic of the England shirts I can say I like the maroon one, different and not horrible. The home one is basic but there is not a lot you can do with a predominantly white shirt with red bits. They tried with that swoop thing and people didn't like that

both the home an away seem to have a Rose watermark on the chest...kind of like the training kits too

england kit.JPG

click to see full size...still dont know how to put big pics on

exactly what we were expecting, i for one understand completely the idea if a template but i love that they seem to be doing what they can with personalising it with the watermark

Last edited:
I like them, although hardly worth the wait. The Marroon would remind me of the Queensland origin one which I like.

I love Canterbury gear, so was really made up when I heard they were taking over Sharks and England. Really had high hopes of some great stuff.

England home kit and Sharks away are pretty good, but the rest, sadly, is pretty bowk. That fin on the Sharks home! And why the need to put massive 'England' on the back of all the trainig gear? A nice red rose on the front will surfice. See the white England 'Anthem track jacket'. Brilliant until you see the back. Seething.

....just looked through the whole range, the seven's jerseys are cool....really jealous, would love to see what they would do with the AB's....never to be i'm afraid

I thought they would go back to an old school looking top like the centerian (speling) one Nike did a while a go, that would ahve been going back to the roots but this one jsut looks like the football kit, its so boring!

I really like home kit, not so impressed with the away kit though. Dark socks look pretty cool in my opinion.

Now I've seen a proper pic of the England shirts I can say I like the maroon one, different and not horrible. The home one is basic but there is not a lot you can do with a predominantly white shirt with red bits. They tried with that swoop thing and people didn't like that

I loved that swoop... Thought it made for a very cool modern jersey (not in the same mould as SF of course...).

Course, if you like the traditional kits then you're probably not going to be all for it.

i liked the swoop as well don't really know why people didn't like it, as for the new shirt i wonder what it would look like if they had a bit of red on the collar like the springbok jersey

Canterbury have still got that stupid baby bib thingy.

But i like the design, nice and simple.

Love the new England home, more traditional yet modern, and going back to having navy blue socks with the white turnover. Don't like the maroon alternative though.

Whilst I'd never buy one, I do like that England alternate kit.
Perhaps because of Arsenal, but it isn't bad.

People complain about teams changing their kits every season - but with Leinster it's a necessity as they keep having to add a star above their crest! ;)

People complain about teams changing their kits every season - but with Leinster it's a necessity as they keep having to add a star above their crest! ;)

This is true. The tailors of south Dublin had a roaring trade this year sewing extra stars onto the league kit.

Sale's fan competition designed Euro kit:
AJaKj.jpg

Errrmmmm......

Latest posts