• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New logo required

Originally posted by Dr. Fantomas Jr.@Jul 5 2006, 12:55 PM
Here's something I cooked up quick using my Fantasy logo as a template:
TRFlogo.gif

-and a logo with a little international flair thrown in:

TRFlogo2.gif
wow nicely done man, i really enjoy the second one

except for the fact that the stars and stripes of the usa is absent :ranting: lol :lol:

Originally posted by DC13@Jul 7 2006, 01:20 PM

except for the fact that the stars and stripes of the usa is absent :ranting: lol :lol:
yeah, I figured to have the top nations represented, and the good ol' USofA didn't get out of the pool stage, unfortunately.

as a fellow American, do you daydream of somehow expanding the American conscience to rugby? I imagine that sometime in the next two years, Rupert Murdoch (who owns rights to almost all televised rugby) will try a Fox Rugby Channel, much like he did with soccer this year during the world cup... I'm sick of Rugby being passed over in favor of bullriding, spelling bee, and cheerleading on the major sports networks.

Originally posted by Dr. Fantomas Jr.+Jul 8 2006, 05:33 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-DC13
@Jul 7 2006, 01:20 PM

except for the fact that the stars and stripes of the usa is absent  :ranting: lol :lol:
yeah, I figured to have the top nations represented, and the good ol' USofA didn't get out of the pool stage, unfortunately.

as a fellow American, do you daydream of somehow expanding the American conscience to rugby? I imagine that sometime in the next two years, Rupert Murdoch (who owns rights to almost all televised rugby) will try a Fox Rugby Channel, much like he did with soccer this year during the world cup... I'm sick of Rugby being passed over in favor of bullriding, spelling bee, and cheerleading on the major sports networks. [/b]
yea seriously i would love if it were bigger

they have spelling bee and paintball on espn 2 why not rugby you know?

i would love to see a FRC (fox rugby channel) sorta like what they did with FSC(fox soccer channel)

i used to love good ole fox sports world when it was around (before it became FSC) they would show world cup, super 14, rugby league, lions tour, and tri nations.. no more of that though im afriad.. what a shame.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 7 2006, 03:03 PM
Are you serious that spelling contests are on ESPN?
serious as a heart-attack.

ESPN has also televised Magic: The Gathering tourneys, as well as Dominoe champinships... seriously. Let's not dwell on that thouhg, lets figure out this logo thing first.

My attempt

TRF_Banner.jpg

I think its much better than my last attempts I done a few months ago. Also it may need resizing

Originally posted by DC13@Jul 8 2006, 05:15 PM
the only problem is the ball, it looks really stretched out, but nice attempt
Yeah I fecked it up, it was horizontal picture of the ball, I tried to angle it as best as I can.
*Edit*
I was bored, so i kind of improved it somehow;

trf_banner_3.jpg

As you can tell I put the 20 teams that are in the IRB world rankings, also I pumped up the ball abit, probably looks more like a soccerball (gayball if Sanzar is reading this!)

As i said earlier...I reckon we should get our own TRF jersey designed and have it as our logo.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 9 2006, 09:49 AM
Well, I really, really want those 2 shirts in the good doctors sig.
man, those kits are the tip of the iceberg... in about two weeks I'll have a bit more time, and then we can make some magic happen.

Never actually got a reply from them, so I believe they cant be bothered about it...

Originally posted by Rugby's_a_Religion@Jul 9 2006, 01:17 PM
As i said earlier...I reckon we should get our own TRF jersey designed and have it as our logo.
When I set up a TRF shp I will look into it heavily.

Those TRF jerseys just gave me an awesome idea. Let's try and get some jersey making company be it Samurai, Canterbury, Barbarian, KooGa, Adidas, Nike or whatever, and try to get a custom made TRF jersey auctioned or raffled or do some sort of competition to win it. In exchange we can do some advertising for that company, I'm sure with all the members we have active on the board, someone will want our business.

Originally posted by Canadian_Rugby_Guy@Aug 3 2006, 02:29 AM
Those TRF jerseys just gave me an awesome idea. Let's try and get some jersey making company be it Samurai, Canterbury, Barbarian, KooGa, Adidas, Nike or whatever, and try to get a custom made TRF jersey auctioned or raffled or do some sort of competition to win it. In exchange we can do some advertising for that company, I'm sure with all the members we have active on the board, someone will want our business.
barbarian :wall: :rahh: :%#%#:

Latest posts