• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

**NEW MOVIE** As Promised

Originally posted by TheBokke@Feb 23 2005, 02:23 AM
Dam guys starting to get a bit concerned here about early tackle animation kicking in. Have been watching the clip again in the 40 min when the blonde wing gets the ball he hands off the PI and the tackle animation kicks in at least a couple of yards from the player.

If this happens all the time it will be a big problem as it will stop the game flow and really hurt the game play. I know Locks mention it once before and he said it only happens sometimes but in this thread he makes out as if it is going to be happening alot. There has been quiet a few occasions when I have wondered why he did not pass earlier but now I reckon it must be the game stopping him from doing so.

I really hope I am not worring to much but if this is the case I reckon it will seriously affect the game play. Locks I need your reassurance on this one as it is a massive point.
Yea you'll probably see I picked up on that as well - I couldn't understand why Locksley havn't passed and it seems it is because the tackle animation kicks in way before the player is tnear the tackler. It doesn't always happen because he puts toigewther a couple of good passing moves but in this clip it happens 80% of the time - oh dear looks like 2005 is beginning to show the same kind of floors as 2004. I just knew it was too good to be true!!

Well, possibly, but remember, he's playing it on a little screen -- it might be a case of passing a tad earlier.

Won't know until we play it.

Originally posted by captainamerica@Feb 23 2005, 07:04 AM
Well, possibly, but remember, he's playing it on a little screen -- it might be a case of passing a tad earlier.

Won't know until we play it.
I hope so but I'm sure Locksley is basing his comments on playing the game on a normal TV, not the tiny screen you talk about. It certainly seems to be a random issue because there are a couple of times he gets the passes away ok. Perhaps it depends on the type of tackle animation thats about to kick in??

Those P.I's were fired up! Big hit every tackle lol!

Does the AI kick too much? Cause it looks that way

To many big hit tackles in that half, this is meant to be a simulation. When do you see at least 10 big dump tackles in a half??

I am starting to see now people are getting less and less excited about this new sham.

I am just as annoyed as most, and we have not played it but the errors are looking suprising like the ones seen in Rugby 2004

Sivi had a great chance to run through that gap but he stepped inside to get tackled. What the f***?

Originally posted by Los Lover
Dude...
Where's my car?

Originally posted by Wally+Feb 23 2005, 09:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Feb 23 2005, 09:20 AM)</div>
Sivi had a great chance to run through that gap but he stepped inside to get tackled. What the f***?

<!--QuoteBegin-Los Lover
Where's my car? [/b]
Metinks de A.I. goes to support instead of breaking out along de touchline.

Originally posted by gjohn85@Feb 23 2005, 03:57 AM
What I noticed is that Ollie Barkley (sp?) was at no 10 for the barbarians, so I assume u have the choice of whoever u want in the squad?
Shame he can't decide which foot he is -- as he kicks off with his left, then after the try and subsequent dropgoal he uses his right. Interesting . . .

why are u guys are all worried bout the tackling animations
<

seriously he's playing pacific islandas on hard why wudnt he get smashed in a tackle!

u guuys wud be whining ur ass off if they stuck to the tackle animations from rugby 2004!

classic but it'll look mad in side camera!

but still looks mad......just imagine in side view.....id have a heart attack!

Originally posted by kinkon89@Feb 23 2005, 01:06 PM
classic but it'll look mad in side camera!

but still looks mad......just imagine in side view.....id have a heart attack!
Yeah!! Some of those hits on side view with the momentum just coming to a halt....

Force + mass + speed = asskicking of a lifetime!!!

Nice to see Locksley return the favour in the 26th minute though!!!

Bring on the second half (and the end of the first!!?? Damn it!)........

Was it still 8 or ten nil or whatever at half-time?

Absolutely brilliant! Was it just me, or did it look like the barbarians player was looking to give a pop-pass while being tackled (at about the 36th minute). I thought I read on the board that wasn't possible?

Originally posted by flanku@Feb 23 2005, 02:52 PM
Absolutely brilliant! Was it just me, or did it look like the barbarians player was looking to give a pop-pass while being tackled (at about the 36th minute). I thought I read on the board that wasn't possible?
Damn it!!!

My video cut out just before this moment......

But we need your question answered ASAP - need to know!!!

Originally posted by sean43@Feb 23 2005, 08:29 AM
To many big hit tackles in that half, this is meant to be a simulation. When do you see at least 10 big dump tackles in a half??

I am starting to see now people are getting less and less excited about this new sham.

I am just as annoyed as most, and we have not played it but the errors are looking suprising like the ones seen in Rugby 2004
**** man...F%$k OFF....go to a hater forum...just be glad that u gotta game to criticize
<
....dam....ur a baby....

i havent seen the vids but sounds really good...givez me the idea that this big hit thing happens quite regularly on hard difficulty....also whos in the p.i line-up?Luaki?
Bobo?....is it the exact same squad from their test season last year?

Sean you say this game is supposed to be a simulation. Well dude have you actually ever seen the PI Play? There is Big hits in the first half. We are not talking 6 year old rugby here dude. Im beginning to think that your one of those guys who thinks that rugby is a sideline sport. So here is a few tips for you in the future

WELL GROW UP.

DON'T BUY THE GAME.

GO AND PLAY AGAINST THE PI.

WATCH RUGBY NAH, KNOW RUGBY.

AND LAST --- SMILE AND BUY A HAPPY MEAL.

Originally posted by Springbokfan@Feb 23 2005, 06:20 PM
Sean you say this game is supposed to be a simulation. Well dude have you actually ever seen the PI Play? There is Big hits in the first half. We are not talking 6 year old rugby here dude. Im beginning to think that your one of those guys who thinks that rugby is a sideline sport. So here is a few tips for you in the future

WELL GROW UP.

DON'T BUY THE GAME.

WATCH RUGBY NAH, KNOW RUGBY.

AND LAST --- SMILE AND BUY A HAPPY MEAL.
hehehe.........mcdoooonalds dardadadadaa...............seans loving it!!!!!!

i dont think he deserves one of those cool toys though!!!! probly complains about those aswell!!.......................... "i didnt wont action man, i wanted princess barbie mum"!!!!!
<
<

Originally posted by Springbokfan@Feb 23 2005, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't recommend this one. P.I means head high.

When we played rugby the most shameful thing to happen was not having to lose the game. It was being seen backing off a tackle. If we were seen by others as making a soft tackle then we knew it would be talked about amongst the families for weeks, sometimes months, and if really bad..years!

No shame if you were sidestepped...big marnace shame if you were bowled over.

P.I boys after the game talk first and foremost about THE BIG HIT/s they did. I mean like at the P.I boys on the forum, they are always going on about it. Then they talk about their tries, then the fight, then their handoffs, then their sprint, then their sidestep, and finally the score.

So as I said......take Springboks advice on everything but the play with the P.I's.

haha...so very true gg....one subject on this forum...the highskool rugby one...i told everyone i concussed guy...and talked about the bighits....then said"sadly we lost the game"....with a smile icon
<
<
<

yeh with 1st 15 rugby, there are more hits because the boys dont care about their bodys as much as the pros do,

Latest posts