• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Rule ? (The "is football boring?" thread)

S

Saint N Sinner

Kind of stupid but:

As football is muchly abused on this forum/disliked I suggest

Instead of saying football when related to the wrong shaped ball of a sport, should we say poofball?

Just a thought.

As a Liverpool season ticket holder, I will fight that all the way.

Ok then, like I said, just a thought...
<

actually poofball sounds about right to me

i used to play, dont hold that against me
<

Odd Shaped Balls?

" I was playing Odd Shaped Balls last night. I don't have any Odd Shaped Balls but my mates had a few so brought them out to play with"

<
<
<

I find that sort of stuff really lame. I used to visit some league forums and they constantly referred to union as yawnion. This gave me impression they were stupid, and immature, and subconciously jealous of a bigger sport. It would be quite lame if anybody here followed that path.
<

agrred if im honest as it just makes us look jealous of the "bigger" sport

Originally posted by JJ-@Nov 10 2005, 09:50 AM
I find that sort of stuff really lame. I used to visit some league forums and they constantly referred to union as yawnion. This gave me impression they were stupid, and immature, and subconciously jealous of a bigger sport. It would be quite lame if anybody here followed that path.
<
This is true. Soccer is a massive sport and its scope has to be respected. However, this doesn't mean we have to like it either... I personally respect soccer, but find it to be one of the dullest spectator sports due to the commonality of negative play and subsequently 0-0 draws... It just seems that soccer more than any other sport is easier to play defensively and negatively, and it just drives me nuts!

Defensive "soccer" isn't easy to play at all, it is absolutely exhausting.

Yeah, i think he mean't watching it as a spectacle... can't say i enjoy actually watching football/soccer, playing it was good though.

Originally posted by Jamie Lyon@Nov 11 2005, 12:52 AM
You either love it or hate it, and I absolutely love it.
Yeah well i can tell you if you lived in NZ you wouldn't be so keen. We have no teams... let alone good ones.

Yet more youngsters play soccer than rugby. I think in soccer their is just so many damn games that their is no real big games IMO.

Premiership should surely have a final? Seems weird to just play through a season without finishing it... and anything can happen in finals (cough* chelsea lose *cough).

I don't find general play to be exciting at all, and a lot of goals are flukes or penalties which i don't like either. Don't mean to disrepect the game or anything but why do supporters sing and chant so much? Lack of action on the field and making own fun?

Wonder if fans think they wasted their money on tickets if its 0-0, which it often is.

Premiership games are rarely 0-0 to be honest mate. Until the playoffs were introduced to Super League, they were an alien concept to me.

Originally posted by Jamie Lyon@Nov 11 2005, 02:03 AM
Premiership games are rarely 0-0 to be honest mate. Until the playoffs were introduced to Super League, they were an alien concept to me.
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, i don't get to watch to many games

Originally posted by Jamie Lyon@Nov 10 2005, 01:03 PM
Unless you count the Premiership. It's also interesting to note that in the past there was a Lancashire League and a Yorkshire League. The winners of these would play-off for the championship. I don't know if it was the top teams only or whether there was a tournament between the top few teams.

they should hide every second word, that way nothing would make sense unless you are signed up.

we would just be the forum.

Latest posts