• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Screenshots

I would protest that comment about the momentum meter doing nothing. It didn't have an impact in lots of areas, but it sure made Ireland hard to beat at home!

f*** the world leage..i want what fifa 05 had, where u manage/coach a 2nd devsion team and you can stick with that team or get other teams etc..you know what im saying? since when did the blues pick 22 random players and take on the world clubs..thats just gay.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Dec 22 2005, 11:14 AM
I would protest that comment about the momentum meter doing nothing. It didn't have an impact in lots of areas, but it sure made Ireland hard to beat at home!
ireland should alwasy be tuff at landsdown

its a placebo - that momentum bar

u think it works, but really it doesnt.......too inconsistent

i'd win with zero momentum the whole match

the next i'd lose when i'd have the momentum.....

it mainly determined whom would win a ruck 80% of the time...thus ARE THE RUCK MANUAL...no

but then that 20% of rucks that went against the momentum...perhaps they were manual...............we'll never know, coz its just pathetic all in all, too inconsistent

They players have portraits this time. Great. I will no longer be picking Justin Collins in my world cup squad.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Dec 22 2005, 12:32 PM
They players have portraits this time. Great. I will no longer be picking Justin Collins in my world cup squad.
lol, he plays lock aswell, whereas jerry also plays no.8. but yes, i have done that too...

See the neato little icons in the gameplay screen next to the player name? I guess that's how you tell if you're attack or defense
<

Looks good, no more huge EA sports signs everywhere... liking the new presentation. Also the fatigue bar is in like fifa. Will be better than RL2 for sure.

they have shown a couple of actual gameplay screenshots on sidecam...

i wonder what the setplays button does in pic 16....i doubt that we can make our own setplays..

wow, absolutely unbelievable.
the rec, whilst the stands might not be quite right its nice to see our stunning surroundings on full display!
Those shots just look amazing, and it looks like tv presentation with the stats and cutscenes etc... joy 2 good rugby games released at the same time!

Originally posted by nik@Dec 22 2005, 12:58 PM
i wonder what the setplays button does in pic 16....i doubt that we can make our own setplays..
i dunno what else they'd be for
u gotto be able to choose ur own.........or maybe HB have just setup a menu we can view how the set-plays work.......which is dumb as hell, but thats an HB kinda thing

Originally posted by umosay@Dec 22 2005, 11:30 AM
Looks good, no more huge EA sports signs everywhere... liking the new presentation. Also the fatigue bar is in like fifa. Will be better than RL2 for sure.
movement and animation looks exactly the same though... Could be a problem.

Originally posted by ak47+Dec 22 2005, 01:19 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Dec 22 2005, 01:19 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-nik
@Dec 22 2005, 12:58 PM
i dunno what else they'd be for
u gotto be able to choose ur own.........or maybe HB have just setup a menu we can view how the set-plays work.......which is dumb as hell, but thats an HB kinda thing [/b]
there maybe planty of setplays in the game...
i think while playing the game we are limited to 4 types of setplays (d-pad)

maybe the setplays button allows us to configure which setplays we want when we play the next game....

if there was a setplay maker...EA would have atleast added that in the features list.

Originally posted by Fullbackno1@Dec 22 2005, 07:15 AM
worrying gap still between the winger and the 13? i hope that is not a sign that the game is as simple as shipping into that gap again.
rug05_big.jpg

yeah that gap is worrying...

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 22 2005, 02:22 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 22 2005, 02:22 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Dec 22 2005, 11:30 AM
movement and animation looks exactly the same though... Could be a problem. [/b]
Yeah but to be honest i didn't mind the r05 running style or movement, compared to rl2 IMO it's ace... very smooth and you feel like you have a lot more control

to be honost the lack of offloads killed what could have been a brilliant game

here's hoping thats fixed, and perhaps some tweaking of the kicking game, and rucking system

the drawing and passing in r2005 was good enough for me....just make them offload for that extra late draw and pass

and RL2 has made me realise we need an atmosphere.........a bloody good one like in soccer games.

NFL and Rugby games have the worst crowds.....i want a huge roar like a goal in soccer when the home team scores a try

Originally posted by nik@Dec 22 2005, 01:35 PM
there maybe planty of setplays in the game...
According to the official rugby 2006 site:

"Increased Tactical Plays,
Over 25 tactical set plays can be mapped to the controller â€" choose the most effective or those which best suit your playing style".

Originally posted by Coco@Dec 22 2005, 07:51 AM
Yeah, you just can't deny the fact that Rugby 06 is very much graphically superior to Rugby Challenge 2006, but let's just wait until we find out what the gameplay is going to be like.

I think that I'll probably end up buying both of them.

Coco
Yeah, I agree with you.

rug07_big.jpg

I hope those stars can be turned off.

Rotating ad boards. Wow.

Looks like I'll be getting Rugby 2006 for southern hemisphere competitions and RC 2006 for northern hemisphere and multiplayer games. Yay for having job and no expenses to pay.

Edit - Cut scenes look very nice. And they've got stats. And I bet they don't have the annoying loading splash screen like a certain recently released league game.

yeah the stars above the head would get abit anooying i guess...
imagine if you had a team in the WL full of impact players...the whole team will have stars above them.

oi how good is the grass

it nearly surpasses the clouds from rugby 2004/2005

that grass is mad.............dunno if thats frost, dry patches or whatever, but it sends RL2 grass (augusta fairways) to the SIN BIN

Latest posts