• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Screenshots

I'm using 'typical EA' cause they do the same with their FIFA games.....they neglect Scottish teams. They can get all the English pro teams but only one Scottish league. It won't have ought to do with swordfish having them cause RC06 also has the premier league teams. I'll wait to see how editable it is first though.

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 23 2005, 05:39 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 23 2005, 05:39 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 22 2005, 11:34 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Dec 22 2005, 08:45 AM
man this looks supreme

although so does cricket 2005
<

career mode looks 50 times better

i see morale, i see team salary, i see form ratings, and i see a season goal

I see world league mode.... When will HB wake up and give us a proper Franchise with a real calender year at club and rep level??? World League was a poor mans franchise at best in 2005, and unless the decide to give us real calender years with the option to coach both club (or S14 province) and country, it will still be a poor mans franchise!
Oh well... maybe in rugby 2007.
haha, you've never played a real franchise mode in your life, RL2 includes a crappily put together one and suddenly your the expert.

Its not ok that we expect truckloads from your communist brothers at SIDHE, but when Big, Bad EA come along and put together a decent Franchise Mode you suddenly want Madden and Football Manager Series rolled into one.

And from that one screenshot you can tell it doesnt have real calander years? I could be wrong, but it lists the players age... maybe the players do age, retire, new young guns come along blah blah blah. And how often do you see a person coach both a club and nation at the same time?

[/b]
Ricky Stuart
<

Anyway, how often do all the super 14 teams enter into competitions with the NH clubs? World League was never about realism, so why not have the option to coach club and country?
Oh, and stop spouting all that commie crap, we all know your a dyed in the wool red, so stop trying to deny it. I don't blame you though, you're living in a country that is even more insignificant than Australia! I mean, why not become a red? No one will notice or care
<

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Dec 23 2005, 11:41 PM
I'm using 'typical EA' cause they do the same with their FIFA games.....they neglect Scottish teams. They can get all the English pro teams but only one Scottish league. It won't have ought to do with swordfish having them cause RC06 also has the premier league teams. I'll wait to see how editable it is first though.
Don't mind ripper. He can't stand the thought of anyone criticising the efforts of EA because they make Madden... I mean, the guy stuck up for Rugby 2004 FFS!

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 24 2005, 01:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 24 2005, 01:51 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-edinburgh_gunner
@Dec 23 2005, 11:41 PM
I'm using 'typical EA' cause they do the same with their FIFA games.....they neglect Scottish teams.  They can get all the English pro teams but only one Scottish league.  It won't have ought to do with swordfish having them cause RC06 also has the premier league teams.  I'll wait to see how editable it is first though.
Don't mind ripper. He can't stand the thought of anyone criticising the efforts of EA because they make Madden... I mean, the guy stuck up for Rugby 2004 FFS! [/b]
Ripper?!
<

For shame.

And though I didn't quote it -- I agree completely about the World League, the epitome of an air mileage headache. If they're going to do something as idiotic as that, they should have a jet lag factor on the players.

Same with that dumb 10 Nations tournament. That novelty wore off very fast. But still, I couldn't create my own tourny - redamndiculous.

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 24 2005, 02:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 24 2005, 02:51 AM)</div>
Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Dec 23 2005, 11:41 PM
I'm using 'typical EA' cause they do the same with their FIFA games.....they neglect Scottish teams.  They can get all the English pro teams but only one Scottish league.  It won't have ought to do with swordfish having them cause RC06 also has the premier league teams.  I'll wait to see how editable it is first though.
Don't mind ripper. He can't stand the thought of anyone criticising the efforts of EA because they make Madden... I mean, the guy stuck up for Rugby 2004 FFS! [/b]
No I didnt... Your mistaking me for that guy who had Cullen in his Username. I just said it had some good points to it (the Line Outs were well done, and I still reckon the R1/L1 pass to Backs, R2/L2 pass to Fowards from the ruck should be implemented into all Rugby Games)

<!--QuoteBegin-Zombie Spaceman

In all fairness, I disagree. For the most part I think the "Oh, just typical EA" line gets shouted out when they DON'T get the licenses but still go ahead and make the kits/players/stadiums as close as possible to the real thing (see RUGBY 2005 NH sides), only a firm of EA's size and clout would have the nerve to ride the dodgy waves of copyright law like that. Changing a couple of badges and logos hardly constitutes a complete re-design of a copyrighted kit.

Any other firm would get the full weight of the EA lawyers on them if they did the same thing to one of their properties, and justifiably so, that's what copyright laws are for.

All the power to them, rather have similar logos/uniforms then completly different, unrealistic uniforms.

Originally posted by Red Rabbit
Anyway, how often do all the super 14 teams enter into competitions with the NH clubs? World League was never about realism, so why not have the option to coach club and country?
Oh, and stop spouting all that commie crap, we all know your a dyed in the wool red, so stop trying to deny it. I don't blame you though, you're living in a country that is even more insignificant than Australia! I mean, why not become a red? No one will notice or care

Im going to hunt you down and kill you.

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 24 2005, 06:19 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 24 2005, 06:19 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 24 2005, 02:51 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 24 2005, 02:51 AM)
<!--QuoteBegin-edinburgh_gunner
@Dec 23 2005, 11:41 PM
No I didnt... Your mistaking me for that guy who had Cullen in his Username. I just said it had some good points to it (the Line Outs were well done, and I still reckon the R1/L1 pass to Backs, R2/L2 pass to Fowards from the ruck should be implemented into all Rugby Games)
[/b]

I'll agree with that, I always thought that was one of the few good idea's in it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
<!--QuoteBegin-GOD

Im going to hunt you down and kill you.[/b][/quote]

I love you, you commie traitor.

Originally posted by Black|Raven@Dec 22 2005, 06:45 PM
r2006bathvgloucester14wp.jpg

they stil got that stupid diving tackle
and i saw that gap still exists
<
This dive tackles not to bad its those other stupid ones wear they hold the ball with 2 hands!!! IT SUX

ripper you clown you say the rl 2 franchise the best in rugby gaming history is crap but think the world league is good. what planet are you living on. the world league is utter crap and unless they have changed it a lot it will be crap again.

ea should have the best franchise they have given hb access to their resources and I am sure ea is helping them use them. it is embrassing that to ea that Sidhe on their second game have delivered the best franchise mode ever seen when ea have been trying for at least 5 years. knowing ea the world league will be ******** again and will be lucky to be half as good as the franchise mode in rl 2. but i guess whatever works for you ripper if the world league is your idea of a good franchise mode then so be it the rest of us will enjoy the franchise mode of rl 2 and whatever swordfish have

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 24 2005, 11:01 AM
ripper you clown you say the rl 2 franchise the best in rugby gaming history is crap but think the world league is good. what planet are you living on. the world league is utter crap and unless they have changed it a lot it will be crap again.

ea should have the best franchise they have given hb access to their resources and I am sure ea is helping them use them. it is embrassing that to ea that Sidhe on their second game have delivered the best franchise mode ever seen when ea have been trying for at least 5 years. knowing ea the world league will be ******** again and will be lucky to be half as good as the franchise mode in rl 2. but i guess whatever works for you ripper if the world league is your idea of a good franchise mode then so be it the rest of us will enjoy the franchise mode of rl 2 and whatever swordfish have
My eyes hurt from reading your post, you say your 21, but even my grammer and spelling is better then yours.

and no, EA hasnt given them access to their resources.. You actually said RL2 delivered the "Best Franchise Mode ever seen." I am assuming you forgot to add "in a rugby game" at the end. If not, please, shoot yourself. now.

The RL2 Franchise Mode is basic ****, the sort they had in Madden 2001.

Originally posted by hurricane13+Dec 24 2005, 09:23 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hurricane13 @ Dec 24 2005, 09:23 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Black|Raven
@Dec 22 2005, 06:45 PM
r2006bathvgloucester14wp.jpg

they stil got that stupid diving tackle
and i saw that gap still exists
<
This dive tackles not to bad its those other stupid ones wear they hold the ball with 2 hands!!! IT SUX [/b]
At least he is holding the ball correctly with the outside hand..........

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 24 2005, 09:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 24 2005, 09:11 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Dec 24 2005, 11:01 AM

My eyes hurt from reading your post, you say your 21, but even my grammer and spelling is better then yours.

[/b]
LMAO! Oh the irony.

Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 24 2005, 09:11 AM
The RL2 Franchise Mode is basic ****, the sort they had in Madden 2001.
Madden 2001 was the 7th or something edition of the madden series though wasn't it? RL2's franchise can't compare with the likes of PES5, Madden, FIFA etc, but it kicks the f*** out of Rugby 2005's world league mode...

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 24 2005, 11:11 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 24 2005, 11:11 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

and no, EA hasnt given them access to their resources.. You actually said RL2 delivered the "Best Franchise Mode ever seen." I am assuming you forgot to add "in a rugby game" at the end. If not, please, shoot yourself. now.

The RL2 Franchise Mode is basic ****, the sort they had in Madden 2001. [/b]
then what are hb studios doing using the fifa engine. I believe that is one of ea's resources and then have been using it since 2004 for rugby. ea have given hb studios access to resources like the fifa engine and if you are denying this then you are saying that a lot of people have been lying for at least 3 years.

I believe I said in rugby gaming history but you obviously missed that as your reading skill is well below your writing it seems. I am actually 22 now which i believe i mentioned in the happy birthday thread.

last time i checked it wasn't a spelling contest. yes my post did have some mistakes but it wasn't the worst to read either. and it is the internet if you haven't noticed not many people spell perfectly or conduct proper grammar on the web. your ego is also at let quadruple mine and probably anybody else on this forum so you can add that to your list as well

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 24 2005, 11:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 24 2005, 11:35 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Ripper@Dec 24 2005, 09:11 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj

LMAO! Oh the irony. [/b]
Thats my whole point... notice how I said "Even my grammer and spelling is better then yours"

Originally posted by Red Rabbit+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Red Rabbit)</div>
Madden 2001 was the 7th or something edition of the madden series though wasn't it? RL2's franchise can't compare with the likes of PES5, Madden, FIFA etc, but it kicks the f*** out of Rugby 2005's world league mode...[/b]

Yeah, but back when Madden started (1989) the players were nothing more then colored blocks and shapes. Franchise Modes weren't a pipe dream back then the games were so basic.

Originally posted by Esoj@
then what are hb studios doing using the fifa engine. I believe that is one of ea's resources and then have been using it since 2004 for rugby. ea have given hb studios access to resources like the fifa engine and if you are denying this then you are saying that a lot of people have been lying for at least 3 years.

Woah, big whoop, a game engine, amazing. EA have dedicated sweet f*** all of their resources to HB studios.

<!--QuoteBegin-Esoj

I believe I said in rugby gaming history but you obviously missed that as your reading skill is well below your writing it seems. I am actually 22 now which i believe i mentioned in the happy birthday thread.

last time i checked it wasn't a spelling contest. yes my post did have some mistakes but it wasn't the worst to read either. and it is the internet if you haven't noticed not many people spell perfectly or conduct proper grammar on the web. your ego is also at let quadruple mine and probably anybody else on this forum so you can add that to your list as well

Amazing, was that meant to be an insult?

I wonder why the official site has less media than the HB site.

Oh well, thats life.

Ripper you are an absolute twat.

I love the bit where you made some spelling and "grammer" errors, and then tried to cover it up as a joke. That was bad enough. When you quoted yourself to show you were joking, you seemed to miss the bit where you said "your 21" instead of "you're 21".

That other guy is right, it's no spelling or grammar contest, but considering you started it, you better be tip-top from now on....

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Dec 24 2005, 01:27 PM

I love the bit where you made some spelling and "grammer" errors, and then tried to cover it up as a joke. That was bad enough. When you quoted yourself to show you were joking, you seemed to miss the bit where you said "your 21" instead of "you're 21".

That other guy is right, it's no spelling or grammar contest, but considering you started it, you better be tip-top from now on....
Why?

I clearly said "Even I have" Indicating that I myself are bottom of the barrel. And he seems to like low, cheap unfunny insults (why he keeps saying that I need some tissues is beyond me when he is the one who is up in arms whenever someone mentions his precious little RL2).

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 24 2005, 10:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 24 2005, 10:38 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-lazy_chesnut
@Dec 24 2005, 01:27 PM

I love the bit where you made some spelling and "grammer" errors, and then tried to cover it up as a joke.  That was bad enough.  When you quoted yourself to show you were joking, you seemed to miss the bit where you said "your 21" instead of "you're 21".

Why?

I clearly said "Even I have" Indicating that I myself are bottom of the barrel. And he seems to like low, cheap unfunny insults (why he keeps saying that I need some tissues is beyond me when he is the one who is up in arms whenever someone mentions his precious little RL2). [/b]
dont worry ripper....i got the assman!

<

lol

Latest posts