• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Screenshots

Originally posted by umosay+Dec 22 2005, 02:17 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Dec 22 2005, 02:17 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 22 2005, 02:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Dec 22 2005, 11:30 AM
Looks good, no more huge EA sports signs everywhere... liking the new presentation. Also the fatigue bar is in like fifa. Will be better than RL2 for sure.

movement and animation looks exactly the same though... Could be a problem.
Yeah but to be honest i didn't mind the r05 running style or movement, compared to rl2 IMO it's ace... very smooth and you feel like you have a lot more control [/b]
True, and IF they have managed to stop you losing control of the player every time you get withing 5 metres of a defender, this could be a real classic! Hopefuly the palm and steps work this time aswell.

A star above Montgomery's head, surely they can't be serious!!

<

This looks heaps better than Rugby 05 imo. (in terms of screens)

This looks a lot grittier, yet a lot more polished...If you know what I mean...

Rugby 05 was all glitz and glamour, this actually looks realistic.

...They're also using FIFAs background blur effect.

However, the gameplay looks pretty much the same at the moment, and looks to keep potential game-killers such as the halfhour animations.

Dam I am sad but I just creamed myself that looks sweet!!!! I for one did not like 05 that much because of the early tackle animations kicking in and the non existent ruck control but it was not that bad considering it was EA.

There seems to be a hell of a lot done to it since 05 but the big question as usual with EA what have they done towards the gameplay. My bet the never touched the gameplay.

But there seems to be a hell of alot of potential form the screen shots.

Originally posted by umosay@Dec 22 2005, 05:08 PM
A star above Montgomery's head, surely they can't be serious!!

<
Ha ha true the guy has a good boot on him but can`t attack for s@$t!

Originally posted by TheBokke@Dec 22 2005, 09:46 PM
Dam I am sad but I just creamed myself that looks sweet!!!!
<

...i think your on your own on that one. i think your ment to be at "another" forum, looking at "other" screenshots...

That gap wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the total inability of the players to break the gain-line running stright into players.

I have been playing Rugby 2005 again recently, and I noticed how I just kept running wide and passing through the hands to get to the winger to try and run around the defense. It is simply because you know that if you run right at the defense (like you might do in real rugby) there's no way you will get through the defense.

Imagine if that gap wasn't there in Rugby 2005. You would never score a single try. Only very rarely do you get the defense out of position (such as having no blindside defender) so you would have to run right at the defense and inevitably get knocked back by your opposite number, who was probably offside in the first place.

I really hope that hey have sorted out the CPU offsides this time. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been awarded an offside. I've had so many times where I would try and pick the ball up from the back of the ruck, only to be nailed by someone milling around the ruck about 2 yards offside.

Penalties are a massive thing in rugby. In Rugby 2005, the winner of the match was the person who score the most tries generally, but that is often not the case in real life rugby - world cup 2003 final, anyone?

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Dec 23 2005, 02:31 AM
That gap wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the total inability of the players to break the gain-line running stright into players.

I have been playing Rugby 2005 again recently, and I noticed how I just kept running wide and passing through the hands to get to the winger to try and run around the defense. It is simply because you know that if you run right at the defense (like you might do in real rugby) there's no way you will get through the defense.

Imagine if that gap wasn't there in Rugby 2005. You would never score a single try. Only very rarely do you get the defense out of position (such as having no blindside defender) so you would have to run right at the defense and inevitably get knocked back by your opposite number, who was probably offside in the first place.

I really hope that hey have sorted out the CPU offsides this time. I can count on one hand the number of times I've been awarded an offside. I've had so many times where I would try and pick the ball up from the back of the ruck, only to be nailed by someone milling around the ruck about 2 yards offside.

Penalties are a massive thing in rugby. In Rugby 2005, the winner of the match was the person who score the most tries generally, but that is often not the case in real life rugby - world cup 2003 final, anyone?
I agree completely... was playing 2005 yesterday and it just gets frustrating how similar MOST of your tries are. I know the occasional one surprises you, but when you think of all the different ways of scoring them in the real game then your realise it was sadly lacking. I also hope that forwards can be used to reliably punch short distances and make the hard yards, and that 'random' turnovers don't occur when they really shouldn't! I know it's asking a lot, but this game looks so good graphically and in terms of licenses it will be such a shame if they've done nothing with the gameplay.

Lastly, I suppose there is the hope that the 'gap' in that screenshot is just a result of the defence being slow to realign... hey, I'm an optimist!

The trouble I see with that SA v NZ pic where Jack is making a break, is how many players are in it ...

By my reckoning, there are 28 of them in that shot - leaving only 2 (assuming they haven't been sinbinned!) with any idea about creating some width on the park at all!!!!!

What I would like to see in the game though, is a stadium effect that actually makes a difference where you play, rather than just different graphic ... e.g. harder pitches at certain places, deeper in goal areas in some, altitude effect on kicks at others. Currently every rugby game simply had the same pitch for every match, just in a different box.

Yannick Jauzion looks good too unlike last year when he had a **** non trademark face

Dont care how good the pics look, it means nothing if it plays like a runny turd.

Hope they have sorted the animations stopping play and please, please say they have sorted the kicking and ball physics out. Add to that more breaks down the middle of the park and better defense out wide and your onto a winner.

Im not crossing my fingers any more for rugby games though, im going to end up with arthritis.

Well it looks great, but so did '05 which was OK but could have been better. I'm hoping they have fixed some animations to give you more control and have more opportunity of making a break through the middle of the defence.

A decent kicking game; in defence and attack. Kicking game was poor, I want to see it revamped so that getting tackled while punting doesn't always mean a knock-on, a droap-goal being able to be made from further back than the 22 and chips, grubbers(more realistic direction) and cross-filled kicks made available.

Also, I would like to see an improved use of hand offs and side steps, so that they can be pulled off quicker.

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 22 2005, 11:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 22 2005, 11:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Dec 22 2005, 08:45 AM
man this looks supreme

although so does cricket 2005
<

career mode looks 50 times better

i see morale, i see team salary, i see form ratings, and i see a season goal
I see world league mode.... When will HB wake up and give us a proper Franchise with a real calender year at club and rep level??? World League was a poor mans franchise at best in 2005, and unless the decide to give us real calender years with the option to coach both club (or S14 province) and country, it will still be a poor mans franchise!
Oh well... maybe in rugby 2007. [/b]
haha, you've never played a real franchise mode in your life, RL2 includes a crappily put together one and suddenly your the expert.

Its not ok that we expect truckloads from your communist brothers at SIDHE, but when Big, Bad EA come along and put together a decent Franchise Mode you suddenly want Madden and Football Manager Series rolled into one.

And from that one screenshot you can tell it doesnt have real calander years? I could be wrong, but it lists the players age... maybe the players do age, retire, new young guns come along blah blah blah. And how often do you see a person coach both a club and nation at the same time?

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner
Just the prem by the looks of things, so no Scots, Irish, Welsh or French teams to be had probably. Typical EA. I'll admit the graphics are good though.

Might have to do with the fact Swordfish already has them... When EA gets all the Southern Hemisphere Liscences they are the devil, but EA get just "oh, just typical EA" when they dont aquire all the NH ones.

looks awesome!....i love the main option screen..looks nice n grimey like some one rucked it!..

very good..graphics look awesome!....but gameplay i wanna see n feel...

will b renting this out 2 see if its worth it..i dont want to be just lookin at the pretty graphics,i want to control it...hope its good!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Might have to do with the fact Swordfish already has them... When EA gets all the Southern Hemisphere Liscences they are the devil, but EA get just "oh, just typical EA" when they dont aquire all the NH ones.[/b]

In all fairness, I disagree. For the most part I think the "Oh, just typical EA" line gets shouted out when they DON'T get the licenses but still go ahead and make the kits/players/stadiums as close as possible to the real thing (see RUGBY 2005 NH sides), only a firm of EA's size and clout would have the nerve to ride the dodgy waves of copyright law like that. Changing a couple of badges and logos hardly constitutes a complete re-design of a copyrighted kit.

Any other firm would get the full weight of the EA lawyers on them if they did the same thing to one of their properties, and justifiably so, that's what copyright laws are for.

It will be interesting to see what their celtic kits and teams do look like.

Originally posted by ZoMbIeAsRtOnAuT@Dec 23 2005, 11:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Might have to do with the fact Swordfish already has them... When EA gets all the Southern Hemisphere Liscences they are the devil, but EA get just "oh, just typical EA" when they dont aquire all the NH ones.

In all fairness, I disagree. For the most part I think the "Oh, just typical EA" line gets shouted out when they DON'T get the licenses but still go ahead and make the kits/players/stadiums as close as possible to the real thing (see RUGBY 2005 NH sides), only a firm of EA's size and clout would have the nerve to ride the dodgy waves of copyright law like that. Changing a couple of badges and logos hardly constitutes a complete re-design of a copyrighted kit.

Any other firm would get the full weight of the EA lawyers on them if they did the same thing to one of their properties, and justifiably so, that's what copyright laws are for.

It will be interesting to see what their celtic kits and teams do look like. [/b][/quote]
Although you'd be surprised how specific copyright and intellectual property rights laws are. I'm not an expert but do have a fairly detailed understanding because of work, and you'd be amazed what you can get away with once you know what you definately CAN'T do. I'd expect a similair offering for non licensed clubs this year.

Latest posts