• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Screenshots

L

lazy_chesnut

The thread ***le says it all.

There are new screenshots on www.hb-studios.com.

And to be fair, they have now included in-game shots, and the graphics do look great.

And the career mode looks cool and pretty detailed these days.

Yeah, you just can't deny the fact that Rugby 06 is very much graphically superior to Rugby Challenge 2006, but let's just wait until we find out what the gameplay is going to be like.

I think that I'll probably end up buying both of them.

Coco

Imagine I'll end up getting both as well, unless I hear that EA have produced an absolute nightmare. I know they've hurt me so many times in the past and let me down, but those graphics look so temptingly good...

Career mode also looks a bit more solid, and all the licenses they seem to have acquired make it a very tempting package if they build on what I thought was a fairly decent engine in 2005. I am under no illusion that RC2006 may well play better but I think this one could have a few pleasant surprises.

worrying gap still between the winger and the 13? i hope that is not a sign that the game is as simple as shipping into that gap again.

Henson looks sweet! millenium stadium looks sweet!

o0o0o0o0o00o0 i cant wait
<

Bugger me with a fish fork! Licensed NH club teams!

****, I'm suddenly very interested in this game again...

Just the prem by the looks of things, so no Scots, Irish, Welsh or French teams to be had probably. Typical EA. I'll admit the graphics are good though.

Teh Mite, SFW, etc...picture number 6...are you thinking what I'm thinking?

i'm really looking forward to it after those shots, especially with what looks like a much better world league, with player morale etc. I also assume that the players with the stars above their heads are the star players?

Originally posted by edinburgh_gunner@Dec 22 2005, 08:54 AM
Just the prem by the looks of things, so no Scots, Irish, Welsh or French teams to be had probably. Typical EA. I'll admit the graphics are good though.
Don't forget that one advantage (on PC) of EAs sticking to a set formula is that it never takes long for mods to be made, and pretty sure someone could rustle you up some kits pretty quickly... just have to hope that the in-game customisation is up to scratch too...

Originally posted by toup+Dec 21 2005, 10:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (toup @ Dec 21 2005, 10:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-edinburgh_gunner
@Dec 22 2005, 08:54 AM
Just the prem by the looks of things, so no Scots, Irish, Welsh or French teams to be had probably.  Typical EA.  I'll admit the graphics are good though.
Don't forget that one advantage (on PC) of EAs sticking to a set formula is that it never takes long for mods to be made, and pretty sure someone could rustle you up some kits pretty quickly... just have to hope that the in-game customisation is up to scratch too... [/b]
Well yeah, no doubt that I'll have the editing underway within a day of getting it. Hopefully there's no silly pish messing around with the backs and the numbers this time or if there is, they're at least named in a reasonable manner. None of this ahfdhfghfhfhnfgfh123146sad4f3s5d4f.fsh pish we had for 2005.

man this looks supreme

although so does cricket 2005
<

career mode looks 50 times better

i see morale, i see team salary, i see form ratings, and i see a season goal

all doesnt mean crap, until its in motion, and i'm at the other end of the controller

although atleast for the rugby genre it is getting its due diligence it deserves

EA rugby on next gen will be the one we'll be waiting for...provided sworsfish arent doing rugby anymore

Glad to see Rugby as an annual event............even tho its EA atleast its someone.

that looks superb and defintely proper usage of the fifa engine. very nice grass and the detail of the player is just awesome. hopefully the gameplay back it up

Originally posted by ak47@Dec 22 2005, 08:45 AM
man this looks supreme

<

I see world league mode.... When will HB wake up and give us a proper Franchise with a real calender year at club and rep level??? World League was a poor mans franchise at best in 2005, and unless the decide to give us real calender years with the option to coach both club (or S14 province) and country, it will still be a poor mans franchise!
Oh well... maybe in rugby 2007.

Originally posted by sanzar+Dec 22 2005, 10:34 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sanzar @ Dec 22 2005, 10:34 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-ak47
@Dec 22 2005, 08:45 AM
man this looks supreme

<

I see world league mode.... When will HB wake up and give us a proper Franchise with a real calender year at club and rep level??? World League was a poor mans franchise at best in 2005, and unless the decide to give us real calender years with the option to coach both club (or S14 province) and country, it will still be a poor mans franchise!
Oh well... maybe in rugby 2007. [/b]
yeah Sanz i get what ur saying

Ideally that would own all franchise modes....and yes i want that aswell

but u cant rule that out from that screenshot.......perhapswe can play internationals etc...perhaps we get to pick which country we want to represent, and torp form players are picked ala RL2.

but the odds of that are 1000-1, for HB

hey atleast it looks much more indepth, than before.........although again i wont rule out if any of those extra thingies on the screenshot, dont actually mean a thing, and they are there to pinch our $100, thinking it actually incorporates, form, morale etc etc.

HB have lured us with these tiny little things before, and when we actually play the game, its doesnt actually do anything - example, is rucks...still arent manual, and offloads, where are they, and of course....that momentum bar which to this day is as good as a white turd on a hot summers day.

Latest posts