• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Screenshots

Originally posted by TheBokke@Dec 27 2005, 09:59 PM
I agree Sanzar looks about right to me. What does worry me a bit is the field having white markings(snow I think) on it, as 2005 it was a difficult to see the ball sometimes which will be vital if they have implemented the off load feature.
Are you talking about the snow in the Northampton v Newcastle picture, or the dry (arid) patches in the SA v NZ picture?

Surely in snow they'd play with a colored ball (they're not in the screenshot -- most peculiar).

Originally posted by umosay+Dec 27 2005, 08:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Dec 27 2005, 08:10 PM)</div>
Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Dec 25 2005, 06:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Dec 22 2005, 04:15 PM

rug07_big.jpg

Well Habana looks better even from this distance away, in 2005 He wasnt a star, He was darker, and looked like a Prop.

One more thing, I didnt know All Blacks were wearing Nike boots, Check out So'oialo in this Pic.
Pretty bad player size/field size scale imo still... field is way to big.[/b]
i wonder what the stars above the players heads mean

Originally posted by captainamerica+Dec 28 2005, 08:15 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Dec 28 2005, 08:15 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke
@Dec 27 2005, 09:59 PM
I agree Sanzar looks about right to me. What does worry me a bit is the field  having white markings(snow I think) on it, as 2005 it was a difficult to see the ball sometimes which will be vital if they have implemented the off load feature.
Are you talking about the snow in the Northampton v Newcastle picture, or the dry (arid) patches in the SA v NZ picture?

Surely in snow they'd play with a colored ball (they're not in the screenshot -- most peculiar). [/b]
Hey you are right Captain it is not snow it is the EA misconseption that in SA it nevers rains and is an arrid landscape which could not be further from the truth.

Most of the fields in SA are hard but they all have Lush grass on them so it is a bit puzzling.
<

maybe the field varies in its apperance, that would be pretty cool...

i still dont see rugby 06 have an official EA site here in america,looks like we may have to just play it on the computer instead of xbox/ps2...

i'll wait for more details, but i hope it comes out NTSC..

Originally posted by TheBokke+Dec 28 2005, 08:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Dec 28 2005, 08:36 PM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Dec 28 2005, 08:15 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke
I agree Sanzar looks about right to me. What does worry me a bit is the field  having white markings(snow I think) on it, as 2005 it was a difficult to see the ball sometimes which will be vital if they have implemented the off load feature.

Surely in snow they'd play with a colored ball (they're not in the screenshot -- most peculiar).
Hey you are right Captain it is not snow it is the EA misconseption that in SA it nevers rains and is an arrid landscape which could not be further from the truth.

Most of the fields in SA are hard but they all have Lush grass on them so it is a bit puzzling.
<
[/b]
That's what I'm thinking too, Bokke, that EA might be exaggerating conditions. Like in Rugby 2005, where 80% of the British pitches were wet, rainy, and muddy.

---

DC, again I'm holding on to a glimmer of faith that EA aren't that stupid and will release the game on all platforms in the States/Canada (and before next New Years Eve!)

They're lack of a North America website (not including HB) is annoying though -- especially as they're not even recognizing it on their main easports.com site.

I'm just chalking it up that they are perennial asshats.
Arena Football?
Sweet, merciful Christ, why?

Originally posted by DC13@Dec 28 2005, 03:58 PM
i guess the release date in europe is December 31, 2006... thats a really long time away if thats the right date which i highly doubt it is..

http://xbox.ign.com/articles/673/673563p1.html

Release Date:
US: TBA 2006
Europe: December 31, 2006

interesting..
Surely that can't be right, weren't we promised a February release?

Oh and the more i read about Rugby 06, the more I think it will be a great game. Looks like I need to start saving my pennies for this as well as RC2006.

Coco

Originally posted by captainamerica+Dec 29 2005, 05:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (captainamerica @ Dec 29 2005, 05:07 AM)</div>
Originally posted by TheBokke@Dec 28 2005, 08:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke

<
That's what I'm thinking too, Bokke, that EA might be exaggerating conditions. Like in Rugby 2005, where 80% of the British pitches were wet, rainy, and muddy.

---

DC, again I'm holding on to a glimmer of faith that EA aren't that stupid and will release the game on all platforms in the States/Canada (and before next New Years Eve!)

They're lack of a North America website (not including HB) is annoying though -- especially as they're not even recognizing it on their main easports.com site.

Arena Football?
Sweet, merciful Christ, why? [/b]
yea seriously, arena football, last time i checked no one could care less about that here in the states... hell it rarely gets on ESPN!... but no, they have to make room for Arena Football and Nascar... two great ***les
<

oh well maybe the PC version will have online or something, that woudl be cool..

hey on the HB website they have FIFA Street 2

Since when did they do FIFA Street

I thought 'Street' would have been done by the FIFA people............now dont tell me HB do FIFA??...........do they?

Originally posted by 2wordz+Dec 28 2005, 09:12 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (2wordz @ Dec 28 2005, 09:12 AM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Dec 27 2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by ALLBLACKS@Dec 25 2005, 06:53 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--JJ-
@Dec 22 2005, 04:15 PM

rug07_big.jpg

Well Habana looks better even from this distance away, in 2005 He wasnt a star, He was darker, and looked like a Prop.

One more thing, I didnt know All Blacks were wearing Nike boots, Check out So'oialo in this Pic.

Pretty bad player size/field size scale imo still... field is way to big.
i wonder what the stars above the players heads mean [/b]
star players hahahaha what u think?..this a nintendo game where mario appears and jumps on there heads
<

kidding,hb said sumthin that they had gamebreakers/star players who cud change the course of the game so i guess these are the guys

altho that cud get annoying having those constantly on heads of players,id rather they have them on stamina bar?...(its a stamina bar right?)

and that picture makes them all look bunched up,unless there was a big brawl this looks exactly like the 05 game

look at habana and that gap?...im sure ive seen that a thousand playin 05
<

well this could be earlier screens..

on another note..wudnt it be nice to have individual players be assigned certain traits that there real life selves wud carry

like brian lima as a big hitter..and u wud see him more occasionally then others making the big hits

that wud be cool,just like the nba live games where certain players have either a hammer(for slam dunks)..and 3 (3point shooters)..lock(great defense) etc

that shud be the case for future rugby games as players not familiar with international players can see there tendencies and what they do best

Originally posted by DC13+Dec 29 2005, 08:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DC13 @ Dec 29 2005, 08:50 AM)</div>
Originally posted by captainamerica@Dec 29 2005, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by TheBokke@Dec 28 2005, 08:36 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-TheBokke

<

---

Arena Football?
Sweet, merciful Christ, why?
yea seriously, arena football, last time i checked no one could care less about that here in the states... hell it rarely gets on ESPN!... but no, they have to make room for Arena Football and Nascar... two great ***les
<

oh well maybe the PC version will have online or something, that woudl be cool.. [/b]
Yeah, I mean, who the hell would want to buy a NASCAR game?

http://forum.pcvsconsole.com/viewthread.php?tid=17246

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Here are the Top Five games for September 2005 per platform based on revenue.

Xbox
Madden NFL 06 - $7.2M / 149,682
Rainbow Six: Lockdown - $6.1M / 126,024
Burnout Revenge - $4.1M / 83,698
NBA Live 06 - $4.1M / 83,126
X-Men Legends 2 - $3.9M / 78,182

PS2
Madden NFL 06 - $15.5M / 322,542
NBA Live 06 - $9.1M / 184,498
NASCAR 06 - $5.3M / 109,016
Tiger Woods 06 - $5M / 101,770
X-Men Legends 2 - $3.9M / 78,209

GameCube
Mario Superstar Baseball - $8.1M / 164,170
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 - $4.3M / 86,708
Madden NFL 06 - $1.5M / 32,486
Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness - $1.3M / 26,229
Incredible Hulk - $1.3M / 26,449

Handhelds
PSP Madden NFL 06 - $4M / 82,527
NDS Nintendogs: Chihuahua - $2.6M / 85,117
NDS Nintendogs: Labrador - $2.5M / 81,810
PSP Burnout Legends - $2.5M / 48,902
GBA Pokemon Emerald - $2.4M / 68,490[/b]

The most interesting thing about that post is that Mario Superstar Baseball on GameCube sold more than everything outside of Madden and NBA on PS2! Who woulda thunk it?

Is it also possible for the player with the star above his head to be injured? I've heard about the star players, but I was just wondering if it may mean something else.

Coco

Oh ok then, my bad sorry. It's just you know sometimes when you get injured you sometimes see stars around your head.

Coco

injured...lol

they are known as Impact players...

(from ea)
Impact Players: Snatch victory from the jaws of defeat by turning to your impact players when the chips are down. Harness the unique abilities of these rugby greats to leave your mark on the game.

Originally posted by Coco@Dec 29 2005, 11:01 PM
Oh ok then, my bad sorry. It's just you know sometimes when you get injured you sometimes see stars around your head.

Coco
lol, your a thinker arnt you!

Originally posted by sambad5+Dec 29 2005, 10:37 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Dec 29 2005, 10:37 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Coco
@Dec 29 2005, 11:01 PM

Coco
lol, your a thinker arnt you! [/b]
Well come on is does happen sometimes doesn't it, when you're concussed or on cartoons or soemthing like that!
<

Coco

Latest posts