• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand tour of Australia

i agree, marshall gets out far too easily... he can be good, his one day record suggests that, we really need a match winner like cairns in the team now... too bad he retired

We need Shane Bond........ he ended Mark Waugh's career and puts the fear of god in those aussies
Without Bond Nz are a mediocre team

We just lost to NSW by 9 Wickets we got wasted
NZ 1st Innings 213 Sinclair 88 MacGill 4/57
NSW 1st Innings 286 Thornely 59 Butler 3/51
NZ 2nd Innings 201 Sinclair 79 MacGill 4/52
NSW 2nd Innings 129 to win 129/1* Jaques 70* Oram 1/13
Very disapointing result to lose to NSW we lost our last 7 wickets for 17 runs in the second innings.

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Nov 14 2004, 04:18 PM
We just lost to NSW by 9 Wickets we got wasted
NZ 1st Innings 213 Sinclair 88 MacGill 4/57
NSW 1st Innings 286 Thornely 59 Butler 3/51
NZ 2nd Innings 201 Sinclair 79 MacGill 4/52
NSW 2nd Innings 129 to win 129/1* Jaques 70* Oram 1/13
Very disapointing result to lose to NSW we lost our last 7 wickets for 17 runs in the second innings.
Dissapointing, but i don't give a toss to be honest.

The test is when it counts and hopefully they can put together a good performance. The pitch was a shocker too

Yeah that result doesn't mean squat, I seem to remember we got hammered by some state team prior to the last tour of Aussie as well...........(yes that same series NZL would have won had not some extremely inept Zimbabean umpire been officiating in the last test..............)

However NZL are but a shadow of that team, and it will be hard for us to get a draw, let alone a win in this series........

Originally posted by NZL fan@Nov 15 2004, 10:00 AM
Yeah that result doesn't mean squat, I seem to remember we got hammered by some state team prior to the last tour of Aussie as well...........(yes that same series NZL would have won had not some extremely inept Zimbabean umpire been officiating in the last test..............)

However NZL are but a shadow of that team, and it will be hard for us to get a draw, let alone a win in this series........
Yes the sad truth IMO
<

Are you complaining about the Sydney Cricket Ground wicket? Nothing in New Zealand comes close.

Originally posted by Wally@Nov 15 2004, 09:11 PM
Are you complaining about the Sydney Cricket Ground wicket? Nothing in New Zealand comes close.
Yes, I am. By the looks of it, it was damp and green... looked worse than a NZ pitch IMO. In the first 319 runs scored in that practice match, not one ball crossed the ropes.

Um.. Ever heard of rain?

New Zealand seem to be struggling at 7/230. This series will be a walk in the park after India.

Originally posted by Wally@Nov 18 2004, 06:58 PM
Um.. Ever heard of rain?

New Zealand seem to be struggling at 7/230. This series will be a walk in the park after India.
Um... Ever heard of arrogance?

Credit given where credit is due....Aussie cricket is at the top without any neighbours crowding that podium. They deserve their ranking because they have been there for so long. If they hadn't had some lapses here and there throughout history they could have created that traditional fear that the AB's or Springboks have maintained throughout the world, the "this is the team that I have waited my whole life to play" reputation.

I think the best thing for NZ is that this series probably won't be a total thrashing. We should show some respectability I believe and who knows? Perhaps even surprise with an upset here or there
<

Originally posted by umosay+Nov 19 2004, 11:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Nov 19 2004, 11:09 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Nov 18 2004, 06:58 PM
Um.. Ever heard of rain?

Um... Ever heard of arrogance? [/b]
Ever heard of honesty? I know the truth hurts umosay. Anyway, they pulled some decent batting together today and now they're in a fairly good position.

Originally posted by Wally+Nov 19 2004, 06:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 19 2004, 06:09 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Nov 19 2004, 11:09 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
Um.. Ever heard of rain?

Ever heard of honesty? I know the truth hurts umusay. Anyway, they pulled some decent batting together today and now they're in a fairly good position. [/b]
Wondering... how does that correlate to the walk in the park comment?

Originally posted by umosay+Nov 19 2004, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Nov 19 2004, 06:12 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Nov 19 2004, 06:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
Um.. Ever heard of rain?

Ever heard of honesty? I know the truth hurts umusay. Anyway, they pulled some decent batting together today and now they're in a fairly good position.
Wondering... how does that correlate to the walk in the park comment? [/b]
Just because you're not playing bad doesn't mean it won't been a walk in a park. Watch as Clarke and Gilchrist combine for a century each.

Originally posted by Wally+Nov 19 2004, 06:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 19 2004, 06:37 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Nov 19 2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Wally@Nov 19 2004, 06:09 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
Um.. Ever heard of rain?

Ever heard of honesty? I know the truth hurts umusay. Anyway, they pulled some decent batting together today and now they're in a fairly good position.

Wondering... how does that correlate to the walk in the park comment?
Just because you're not playing bad doesn't mean it won't been a walk in a park. Watch as Clarke and Gilchrist combine for a century each. [/b]
Ok, what can be my comeback if Clarke and Gilchrist don't get at least 100 each? Hasn't Gilchrist been batting shite lately? Maybe if some decisions went out way, we may have a chance... Langer didn't knick the cover off that? McCullum should have got the benefit of the doubt... although that was impossible, seen as Peter Parker is an Aussie.
<

Get ready to think of something better then that. At lunch Clarke and Gilly are not out for 100 and 40 respectively.

Originally posted by Wally@Nov 20 2004, 02:36 PM
Get ready to think of something better then that. At lunch Clarke and Gilly are not out for 100 and 40 respectively.
I concede.

Although Gilly should of been out, no question.

Latest posts