• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand tour of Australia

Originally posted by Wally+Nov 22 2004, 06:49 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 22 2004, 06:49 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-..::ERIC::..
@Nov 22 2004, 12:09 PM
Gilly should have been out at 7
I've heard 8, 90 and now 7. Three times?
<
[/b]
7. He should never of made it to 90.

Perhaps Wally, you should watch the test before proceding to talk out of your ass.

Originally posted by umosay@Nov 22 2004, 03:05 PM
If i remember rightly we were robbed in 2001 when that zimbabwaen Robinson umpired awfully. .
Yeah you would be right we were robbed the Aussie bowlers were bowling wide after wide but the dumb umpire didnt call it
<

Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan+Nov 22 2004, 09:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan @ Nov 22 2004, 09:10 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Nov 22 2004, 03:05 PM
If i remember rightly we were robbed in 2001 when that zimbabwaen Robinson umpired awfully. .
Yeah you would be right we were robbed the Aussie bowlers were bowling wide after wide but the dumb umpire didnt call it
<
[/b]
do u know it has to be reeeaaally wide for it to be called in test match cricket, just so u know ya know

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Nov 22 2004, 08:20 PM
Perhaps Wally, you should watch the test before proceding to talk out of your ass.
indeed wally u do talk a lot of ****

Originally posted by neh+Nov 23 2004, 01:43 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Nov 23 2004, 01:43 PM)</div>
Originally posted by All_Blacks_Hurricanes_Lions_Fan@Nov 22 2004, 09:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-umosay
@Nov 22 2004, 03:05 PM

<
do u know it has to be reeeaaally wide for it to be called in test match cricket, just so u know ya know [/b]
Yes i know that, and those balls went reeeaaaallllyyyy wide. But were not called

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Nov 22 2004, 08:20 PM
I did watch the Test. I was at the bloody game for half the day. What do you think I did, look at my feet the whole game?

Originally posted by neh+Nov 23 2004, 12:44 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (neh @ Nov 23 2004, 12:44 PM)</div>
@Nov 22 2004, 08:20 PM
indeed wally u do talk a lot of **** [/b]
No **** being talked here. Ripper said he was out at 8 and 90. Eric said he was out at 7.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
I didn't see it. What happened?[/b]
I did watch the Test. I was at the bloody game for half the day. What do you think I did, look at my feet the whole game?[/b]

Did you see it or not? Basicly, 8 and 7 are very close numbers. Ripper obviously thought it was 8, even though it was 7. Anyway, Gilly was trapped plumb by Vettori. If he was true to his word he would have walked, although nobody expects that from such a hypocritical git.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Nov 24 2004, 02:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
I didn't see it. What happened?
I did watch the Test. I was at the bloody game for half the day. What do you think I did, look at my feet the whole game?[/b]

Did you see it or not? Basicly, 8 and 7 are very close numbers. Ripper obviously thought it was 8, even though it was 7. Anyway, Gilly was trapped plumb by Vettori. If he was true to his word he would have walked, although nobody expects that from such a hypocritical git. [/b][/quote]
I didn't see that particular incident but I did watch most of the game. I don't know many people that watch every single moment of a day's Test cricket. I'm sure if he thought it was out he would have walked.

Originally posted by Wally+Nov 24 2004, 07:27 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ Nov 24 2004, 07:27 PM)</div>
@Nov 24 2004, 02:05 PM

Did you see it or not? Basicly, 8 and 7 are very close numbers. Ripper obviously thought it was 8, even though it was 7. Anyway, Gilly was trapped plumb by Vettori. If he was true to his word he would have walked, although nobody expects that from such a hypocritical git. [/b]
I didn't see that particular incident but I did watch most of the game. I don't know many people that watch every single moment of a day's Test cricket. I'm sure if he thought it was out he would have walked. [/b][/quote]
Are you allowed to walk if not given out LBW? isn't that purely an umpires decision?

source:www.nzcricket.co.nz
Black Caps squad for Chappell-Hadlee series
The Black Caps selection panel today announced the 14-man squad to contest the inaugural three-match Chappell-Hadlee Trophy one-day series against Australia in December.

The squad is:

Stephen Fleming (captain)
Nathan Astle
Mathew Sinclair
Hamish Marshall
Craig McMillan
Scott Styris
Chris Cairns
Chris Harris
Jacob Oram
Brendon McCullum
Daniel Vettori
Andre Adams
Kyle Mills
Ian Butler

Coach John Bracewell said the squad was relatively straight forward to select.

“This is a squad that has performed pretty well during the last 12 months. They have hardly lost a one-day match and there is a degree of confidence. Apart from a couple of injuries, this is the nucleus of the squad that has helped the Black Caps rise to number three on the ICC Championship points table.â€

Bracewell pointed to Daryl Tuffey, James Franklin and Michael Papps as notable absentees in the squad.
Peter Fulton, who made his one-day international debut in Bangladesh, has also not been selected.

“Tuffey is not yet ready for a return to international cricket but is making progress with a specific rehabilitation programme. Hopes are high he will be available for selection during the home series’ against Sri Lanka and Australia.â€

Tuffey said today he was looking forward to regaining his place in the side but wanted to be 100 per cent sure of his fitness before taking on the rigours of international cricket again.

"I am pretty positive and am nearing full fitness. The rehab is going well but I’m not quite ready for international cricket. I am playing in the first couple of State Championship matches to get some form under my belt and am looking forward to putting my hand up for selection for the home series."

While Franklin is available for selection to play Australia in the second Test starting in Adelaide on Friday, the decision to leave him out of the one-day series was a precaution to ensure his ****ling groin injury is properly recovered in time for the home series.

“It has not had time to fully clear up and, while it is not holding him back at the moment, we need to take the right course of action to ensure his long-term fitness without the immediate worry of demanding one-day cricket.â€

Bracewell said he was pleased Papps had recovered from the shoulder injury that ruled him out of the Bangladesh tour and noted he had been scoring plenty of runs in New Zealand. But with Mathew Sinclair having backed up his excellent form for New Zealand A in South Africa with good displays in Bangladesh and now Australia, it was felt the young Cantabrian opener should maintain his momentum at home in preparation for possible inclusion in the squad to play Sri Lanka.

“Mathew has been the form horse to date and while it is unfortunate for Michael to have missed out on going to Bangladesh because of injury, it adds depth and options for the selectors with a busy summer at home ahead.â€

Bracewell said the arrival of fresh faces in Cairns, Harris and Adams would bring new enthusiasm to the camp.

“Cairns and Harris always add value to the squad on and off the field and they have been keeping cricket-fit by playing in the New Zealand Academy warm-up matches following their involvement in the one-day series against Bangladesh.

“We like what Adams will offer us as an impact player in Australian conditions and he impressed during his last Australian tour,†Bracewell said.

All three players will join the Black Caps in Melbourne on December 1 to prepare for the first match at Telstra Dome on December 5.

Test players Mark Richardson, Chris Martin and Paul Wiseman will travel back to New Zealand with Franklin on December 1.

Originally posted by umosay+Nov 24 2004, 08:51 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (umosay @ Nov 24 2004, 08:51 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@Nov 24 2004, 07:27 PM
I did watch the Test. I was at the bloody game for half the day. What do you think I did, look at my feet the whole game?

Did you see it or not? Basicly, 8 and 7 are very close numbers. Ripper obviously thought it was 8, even though it was 7. Anyway, Gilly was trapped plumb by Vettori. If he was true to his word he would have walked, although nobody expects that from such a hypocritical git. [/b]
I didn't see that particular incident but I did watch most of the game. I don't know many people that watch every single moment of a day's Test cricket. I'm sure if he thought it was out he would have walked. [/b]
Are you allowed to walk if not given out LBW? isn't that purely an umpires decision? [/b][/quote]
how do you even know you are out in a LBW, to be able to walk? Thats just getting stupid saying you should walk if you think you were out LBW.

Eric was the one who brought it up. He seemed to make out that it was especially blatant.

Originally posted by Serge+Nov 24 2004, 09:06 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Serge @ Nov 24 2004, 09:06 PM)</div>
Originally posted by umosay@Nov 24 2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Wally@Nov 24 2004, 07:27 PM

Did you see it or not? Basicly, 8 and 7 are very close numbers. Ripper obviously thought it was 8, even though it was 7. Anyway, Gilly was trapped plumb by Vettori. If he was true to his word he would have walked, although nobody expects that from such a hypocritical git.
I didn't see that particular incident but I did watch most of the game. I don't know many people that watch every single moment of a day's Test cricket. I'm sure if he thought it was out he would have walked. [/b]
Are you allowed to walk if not given out LBW? isn't that purely an umpires decision? [/b]
how do you even know you are out in a LBW, to be able to walk? Thats just getting stupid saying you should walk if you think you were out LBW. [/b][/quote]
Yeah, exactly. You can't judge a LBW decision yourself.

In some cases you can judge if you are out. A player can walk if he wants whenever he wants, regadless if the umpire gives him not out.

Latest posts