• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

New Zealand v Australia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 22 2009, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I agree. Where would you place Bryan Habana in the 40 metre sprint list?

Most people would answer "at the top", and they'd be wrong.

Jonghikhaya Nokwe - 4.58
Tonderai Chavhanga - 4.70
Bryan Habana - 4.96

Habana has the speed but not the acceleration.

I would bet that Habana would be the fastest over 100m

Incidentally the fasts on the original list was

Sireli Bobo - 4.55[/b]
Yeah, always thought acceleration was the main thing for a runner from deep - size up the defence at half pace, then a burst of speed to crack through.

Hard to tell with Habana these days because he doesn't get the chance to open up.

I doubt Jane has the acceleration, but he's got something better - brains.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Sep 22 2009, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Sep 22 2009, 12:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 21 2009, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Still says they finished at number 1.[/b]

(and really, I really want it to be true.... but then I don't because then I'd be showing sympathy to an Australian which is like showing sympathy to someone who has just kicked your dog)
[/b][/quote]

Ah another snipe, my internets would not be the same if it were any other way.
[/b][/quote]

The more I read that quote, the more I realise just how much of a awesome guy I am :lol:

That is me, the William Regal of the forum...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Maccaweeny @ Sep 22 2009, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
@ insane.

Man I don't think the change of structure is what the problem is. Our backline has shown it can function without relying on structured plays, but it needs a platform up front. I'll freely admit that it was a team effort that achieved a new level of ***** in Wellington, but the main problem DOES revolve around our forwards.

England used the same tactic against us in 2007, we'd be trying to consolidate the ball with two/three blokes and they'd just drive through and force a turnover or slow our ball down, and we were playing a structured game then. Our pack needs an overhaul, if not in players then in tactics. Commit to the rucks and stop putting forwards out in back-play.

I think we also need some size in our mid-field, Stirling Mortlock's absence is obvious.[/b]

fair enough, sometimes i like to make emotional statements without any facts... you know the type of post smartcooky can easily discredit with facts :)

the forwards did get pushed aroung on saturday night just like england did in the past. what's the problem though, strength and conditioning not doing their job properly ie. lack of physical strength? or is it strategic ie. players not in the right position at the right time? or is it a matter of player commitment... not enough ticker to go in for the ball etc.?

have the all blacks and springboks built robotic clones of their players? <cue conspiracy theory music> i'm sure the real bakkies and victor are sitting on the couch at home with some popcorn and a coke, watching their robotic clones destroy the wallabies. Dan carter is also a robotic clone. obviously fitted with some laser guided rocket propelled ball launching device, and ritchie mccaw's robotic clone is like a stealth bomber, it's able to move around the field without being detected by the referee's radar!! haha

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (shtove @ Sep 23 2009, 05:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Sep 22 2009, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. Where would you place Bryan Habana in the 40 metre sprint list?

Most people would answer "at the top", and they'd be wrong.

Jonghikhaya Nokwe - 4.58
Tonderai Chavhanga - 4.70
Bryan Habana - 4.96

Habana has the speed but not the acceleration.

I would bet that Habana would be the fastest over 100m

Incidentally the fasts on the original list was

Sireli Bobo - 4.55[/b]
Yeah, always thought acceleration was the main thing for a runner from deep - size up the defence at half pace, then a burst of speed to crack through.

Hard to tell with Habana these days because he doesn't get the chance to open up.

I doubt Jane has the acceleration, but he's got something better - brains.
[/b][/quote]

kanyem.jpg
and ima let you finish, but let me just say that Ngwenya is the fastest runner of all time!

Nah man you made a fair point, just saying I don't think it matters what structure our backs play with if they have no go-forward ball from our forwards. I think some big players (Horwill, Elsom and Smith) have disappeared in some of our losses, they're trying to do too much themselves (Rocky running that ball with no support) and not working as a pack.

We were consolidating ball with a pod of a few players ffs, to the extent that our backs would be piling in when it didn't even break down out wide. James O'Connor has no business in a ruck. The AB's forwards on the other hand were amazing, their counter-rucking was conducted as a unit, their binding and body height was bloody perfect.

I'm no expert but I think our pack needs a change in tactics, some players need to stop sky-larking and increase their work-rate. Play as a conventional and strong/aggressive pack instead of show pony ball runners.

Latest posts