• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

News on Suspensions/Injuries

M

mohamed_ali12

Firstly some news from the RFU panel:

from bbc

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>

Maddock free to play on after ban is dismissed

Joe Maddock of Bath Rugby has had his ban dismissed and is free to play on after he was cited for a dangerous tackle on Leicester Tigers' Geoff Parling during the Guinness Premiership match at the Recreation Ground on September 27.

Bath face Ulster in the opening round of the Heineken Cup this weekend.
Maddock pleaded not guilty before an RFU Disciplinary Panel of Rick Charles (chair), Jonathan Dance and John Doubleday at the Bristol Filton Holiday Inn.[/b]

also injuries:

London Wasps have released an injury update for a couple of their players.

Lachlan Mitchell: Following his discharge from hospital on Sunday night, Lachlan has been suffering from the effects of mild concussion. He will follow the strict five day protocol for return to play this week.

Danny Cipriani: Following a contusion to his knee Danny is undergoing acute injury management. At present he has not been sent for imaging as it was not deemed necessary. He will be reviewed over the next two days to determine his availability for selection.[/b]

Richly deserved 12 week ban for Azam who starts his Christmas holiday early! :lol:

I didn't see the incident, but to get a 12 week ban he must have really put his boot in. He is getting quite the reputation for being a dirty player.

Interesting timing if anything else, but Azam has always been a dirty git.

The only one who is responsible for the timing is Azam himself for timing that boot. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime I'm afraid!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 7 2009, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The only one who is responsible for the timing is Azam himself for timing that boot. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime I'm afraid![/b]

I was referring more to the pathetically short 6 weeks that Hayes got on the same day for what was just as bad an offence.

And I was referring to..er...my boot...um..in..YOUR FACE!

Take-That.jpg

just seen on the Beeb that Cipriani is out for 6 weeks while Rees is out for 4 months.

Hurrah! No over-rated shite in the A.I.s!

Oh, wait... That means we'll lose Geraghty...

n57640346597_2961.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Oct 9 2009, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hurrah! No over-rated shite in the A.I.s!

Oh, wait... That means we'll lose Geraghty...

n57640346597_2961.jpg
[/b]

were you not going to lose him regardless with all the other injuries.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_unio...ish/8299259.stm

This is very irritating.

Tom Rees arrived on the scene in 2007 and made some decent but not outstanding performances for England. After the world cup, he was to be one of the cornerstones of our new, young team. He had a good 6Nations in 2008, and then went on to have an excellent tour of New Zealand in 2008. Despite the fact that we got hammered both times, the breakdown was one of the areas we were close to parity, thanks to the work of Rees and an in-form Haskell.

In spite of everything I thought Rees had a good Autumn series in 2008 too. It looked like we had a 7 who was developing into one of the better 7s in the world.

Then, injury. Out of 2009 6N, out all summer, and now he's out of the AIs too. Yet another f***ing injured England player.

Cipriani too... no one would pick him for the AIs but at least he's had a great start to the season. Once more cut short as he will spend 6 weeks on the sidelines.

Now for 7, I would give Will Skinner a shot seeing as he's bloody well earned it. Steffon Armitage is also a good option. However, Johnson will pick Moody.

Saints have suspended Kruger for a week so he'll miss the match with Sale at the weekend. Let's wait and see what the ERC add on though.

Michael Owen is out for 9 months after picking up a knee ligament injury in the loss at Toulon.

Couldn't care. He's **** anyway.

EDIT:

Email from ERC Media team..
The disciplinary hearing before an independent Judicial Officer, Rod McKenzie (Scotland), to consider the citing complaint against Brian Mujati, the Northampton Saints replacement prop forward (No 18), began in Dublin today (Thursday, 22 October, 2009) but has now been adjourned.
The citing lodged by the Citing Commissioner for the match, Murray Whyte (Ireland), was for an alleged push in the back of referee Nigel Owens (Wales) in contravention of Law 10.4 (l) during the Heineken Cup Round 2 match against Perpignan at Stade Aime Giral on Friday, 16 October, 2009.

After considering the player's guilty plea and evidence, Mr McKenzie found that Brian Mujati was guilty of an act contrary to good sportsmanship in contravention of Law 10.4 (l).

Mr McKenzie has now adjourned the hearing to allow additional evidence to be heard with regard to the determination of the appropriate sanction, if any. The hearing will reconvene as soon as is practicable.

Mr McKenzie imposed an interim suspension on the player until Monday, 2 November, 2009.

Law 10.4 (l) - Acts contrary to good sportsmanship[/b]

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s99.htm?101,10965715

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 22 2009, 11:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What did Mujati get?[/b]

The hearing was adjourned to allow for additional evidence but since he pleaded guilty he's been given an interim ban till November 2.

I'm sure I heard there is precedent for a long ban on that one.

Michael Owen injured? Never!

The name Michael Owen has to be jinxed by the injury gods (;) )

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Oct 22 2009, 11:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm sure I heard there is precedent for a long ban on that one.[/b]

Neil Back got 6 months for pushing Lander, but then again Cohen and *forgotten which Sale player it was* neither got anything for pushing Wayne Barnes.

Being as Owens is in the "f***ing ******" brigade akin to Lander, expect a lifetime ban.

And in turn, Saints scrum will never be as **** again.

Latest posts