• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Next Gen GTA Screenshot leaked

R

Ripper

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
A screenshot supposedly revealing the first glimpse of Rockstar's next-gen version of the biggest gaming franchise in the world, Grand Theft Auto, has been exposed.

The shot, pictured right, depicts a typical GTA-esque landscape featuring a large apartment building in the background, pedestrians to shoot at and, of course, cars to steal.

Scant details accompanied the picture when it was first posted on French website Jeux-France late yesterday, but they did reveal some interesting and unusual suggestions.

As well as predicting a first showing on PlayStation 3, the website suggested that the game would soon come to other next-gen consoles due to "online possibilities".

What this actually means is anyone's guess, but we like to think that the next GTA will have some kind of MMORPG-type element to it.

Jeux-France also claimed that the game will be six times larger than San Andreas, with 350 different cars, and would see players having to administrate fuel levels in the cars they drive.

Most odd though was a suggestion that, when literally translated, said the game would introduce a "system of creation of animals". No, we don't have any idea either... perhaps you breed dogs?

Naturally, when asked, Rockstar declined to confirm or deny the image's authenticity, unsurprisingly choosing to play the 'no comment' card.[/b]

gta4306_1.jpg

http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.a...bsectionid=1584

---

Intresting... could be fake, could be not.

AND WHY DO THE FRENCH GET ALL THIS KINDA OF STUFF FIRST?

Oh and the ***les meant to say "Leaked" instead of "Linked"

Can any mods correct it?

Just to add to my post, I highly doubt there will be any screens available at this time. There will be a lot of 'leaks' in the coming months for the next GTA, you only have to look at the buildup to San Andreas to see where I'm coming from. Sam Houser made 'No comments' on the screen/info, so you can't take much from that, as that is true R* style.

I hope I'm proven wrong though.

Or better.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jul 1 2005, 07:45 PM
Just to add to my post, I highly doubt there will be any screens available at this time. There will be a lot of 'leaks' in the coming months for the next GTA, you only have to look at the buildup to San Andreas to see where I'm coming from. Sam Houser made 'No comments' on the screen/info, so you can't take much from that, as that is true R* style.

I hope I'm proven wrong though.

Or better.
yeah i agree

but either way, leak or no leak.........its an indication of what we can expect

i like the juicy stuff even if its fake

what ****** me off is when the fake stuff comes out closer to release

Meah, I'm not going to believe it. No point really.

Edit - Just read their update:
Originally posted by http://gamesradar.msn.co.uk/news/default.asp?pagetypeid=2&articleid=36447&subsectionid=1584
UPDATE

Following on from yesterday's swift 'no comment' response from Rockstar, the company has contacted us this morning to flatly deny the picture is of any GTA game currently in development.

While Rockstar has no idea where the original source of the image, Jeux-France, got the picture from, the company has gone on record to deny that the picture came from any of its internal development studios.

So that's that then... or is it? We're still none the wiser regarding what this image is actually of and where it came from. The question is, will we ever find out?

The mystery continues...

Meh, although I wouldnt be surprised if it the finished product was similar to this, considiring all the other concept shots for the PS3 Games weve seen lately

Latest posts