• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Nike RWC Jerseys - Is it just me...

• Thread starter American Springbok
  • Start date
A

American Springbok

I'm sorry... a whooshing stripe across the chest just doesn't do it for me. f***ing ruins the jersey.

The only thing that should not be pattered across the chest of your rugby jersey is the blood you spill in a game. Period.

The last thing rugby needs is a underglorified fashion statement.

This is a shame b/c I loved the 03 jerseys.

Don't get me started on Bokke CCC jerseys; I'll have to see them in action, but as of now they look like over-the-top training jerseys. Are we revisiting the 80s and trying to look more like robots here?

Someone else please vent on this, for the sake of rugby...

overall score:

nike: 7/10
ccc: 7.5/10
adias: 8.5/10

adidas is the only one in my opinion, that still makes rugby-shirts.
the other ones are too.... umm... flashy? Dont like them :p

I originally said the jersey design shared by Aus, SA, Scotland (and whoever else) was hideous, but Australia wore it against SA last night and it actually grew on me. I don't think they're to bad at all.

Of course, I still stand by my view that England's RWC Jersey is an eyesore that would look better used as a rag.

yea i felt the same way bout the aus jersey when i watched on sat night, still dont know about those lightish bits round the shoulder and chest area esp the chest

my views
nike: 4.5/10
ccc: 6/10
adias: 8.75/10

I think there's a common agreement that Nike and Caturburys shirts are all hideous while Adidas are "not bad".

It's a pitty Kooga don't make international kits, looking at some of their recent club attempts they'd proberbly get it right.

If the Wallabies turn the mesh stuff gold so they don't look totally out of place it will be fine, it seems Rugby is going much the way of football in the styling of jumpers...

I think there's a common agreement that Nike and Caturburys shirts are all hideous while Adidas are "not bad".

It's a pitty Kooga don't make international kits, looking at some of their recent club attempts they'd proberbly get it right. [/b]

Yeah the Saracens 06/07 kit is really mint, I really like Kooga :D

I only have one problem with Kooga's jersey and that is the high collar.
It's not to my liking as i often let my man-stubble get out of control and when you've got a high collar from kooga pull at the occasional hair on your neck it can be quite an uncomfortable feeling - especially while you're standing around in work all day.
Stunning jerseys tho.

I agree -- the rugby jerseys are going backwards -- the material might be better but the style and cut is crap

The English kit looks horrific with the non-navy socks
The french isnt bad (apart from the fact they turned their back on their heritage for marketing purposes) so it is probably that white and red dont go well with the design
The Irish kit I saw in photos for rugby 2008 looks ok apart from the green lines on the shorts.
The Aussie kit is growing on me since the bok game
Praise be to adidas for keeping a traditional jersey

PS after seeing how bad the kits were in comparison to the previous ones i found out that the white on my irish jersey turned pink in the wash.Im sickened
:wah:

The only thing i dislike about the CCC kit is the v of the neck swooping to the left. I guess when everything else is overtly symmetric, why go an f___ with the neck? I like tha assymetry in the Nike...it works...I like frances kit, but I can definitely see how the old style was superior...What Works For Stade Francais as a Club DOES NOT WORK IN INTERNATIONAL RUGBY.

Finally I get some agreement in this forum.

I mean England's jersey looks like River Plate went Jackson Pollock.

And the CCC jerseys... the only way they would be cool is if the wearer turns into a car a la Transformers.

One final gripe, WHY BOTHER SHOWING THE NEW ZEALAND JERSEY?!?!

It's always going to be black. Always. Hence, "all blacks..." I mean... I dunno it's just redundant...

EDIT: Also, Kooga's jerseys are crap this year as well. Look at the USA jersey on WRS... THe white is okay, but they turned their back on the good ol' blue jersey and tried to make a red, silver and white!

We look like fuxking CANADIANS for christ's sake... and that's never a good thing.

Finally I get some agreement in this forum.[/b]

What would be the point of an internet forum if everyone agreed with everyone else? <_<

The Canterbury jersey's look good, the Nike jersey's look much better in real life (have you seen one close up? I thought not), although I prefered the old style of England jersey, and as I said before, Addidas haven't tried anything new, therefore = snooze.

It's a pitty Kooga don't make international kits, looking at some of their recent club attempts they'd proberbly get it right. [/b]

Ah!! KooGa do make international kits. Canada has been wearing KooGa for some years now and now Fiji is being outfitted by KooGa for this years RWC.

J4R-50631-Adult-2T.jpg
Fiji Rugby Jersey.

One final gripe, WHY BOTHER SHOWING THE NEW ZEALAND JERSEY?!?!

It's always going to be black. Always. Hence, "all blacks..." I mean... I dunno it's just redundant...

[/b]

They added a silver fern thingy on the side.

Addidas haven't tried anything new, therefore = snooze. [/b]

Well they have changed it a bit, but you can't change much on the All Blacks jersey because they have to keep in with tradition, which isn't really a bad thing as it sort of adds to the whole mystique surrounding the All Blacks.

Whenever my husband sees the ccc jerseys and the wavy lines at the bust he says it reminds him of a push up bra... emphasises the man boobs too much.

Actually Canada wears Barbarian jerseys right now which I find are pretty slick. I'm actually a fan of all the new kits and I find that people who say they're ugly are just difficult purists who also think gloves are automatically for fags. True, a lot of the time the gloves are just a fashion statement and true the kits aren't perfect, but both still have their qualites.

Latest posts