• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

No tests this summer?

U

up'n'under

How come Scotland aren't playing any tests this summer? I think they are the only major rugby playing nation that has no games scheduled.Can the sru afford it financially to skip a round of games? I know options are limited because of the lions tour but couldn't they at least throw together a test against Fiji
at murrayfield to try and jump over them in the irb rankings?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (up'n'under @ Apr 4 2009, 03:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How come Scotland aren't playing any tests this summer? I think they are the only major rugby playing nation that has no games scheduled.Can the sru afford it financially to skip a round of games? I know options are limited because of the lions tour but couldn't they at least throw together a test against Fiji
at murrayfield to try and jump over them in the irb rankings?[/b]

Who knows?

At least it will provide the players (bar 3) with a break so maybe next year they'll be refreshed and destroy their tired opposition.

Well I can dream

Its an interesting situation but I believe that everyone else has managed to tie up all the decent nations for overseas tours!! Unless Georgia are availible?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ May 14 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Its an interesting situation but I believe that everyone else has managed to tie up all the decent nations for overseas tours!! Unless Georgia are availible?[/b]

Probably spending all their dosh on the Churchill Cup prep and participation.

Thats awesome. Its nice that more and more attention is being lavished on the Churchill Cup.

Latest posts