• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northern Hemisphere vs Southern Hemisphere?

Sherdian is not the best loosehead in the NH!

Domingo and Jenkins are.

Last edited:
If the SH may have a chance ... If the NH don't pick both Chabal and Ed Fairhurst :D

There, I mentioned both in the same post ... double points for me! :D

NH

1. Sheridan (Eng)
2. Servat (Fra)
3. Mas (Fra)
4. Lawes (Eng)
5. Palmer (Eng)
6.Parisse (Ita)
7. Dusatoir (Fre)
8. Harinordoquy (Fre)
9. Parra (Fre)
10. Flood (Eng)
11. Williams (Wal)
12. D'Arcy (Ire)
13. O'Driscoll (Ire)
14. Ashton (Eng)
15. Medard (Fre)

SH

1. Woodcock (NZ)
2. Du Plessis (SA)
3. Franks (NZ)
4. Thorn (NZ)
5. Matfield (SA)
6. Elsom (Aus)
7. McCaw (NZ)
8. Spies (SA)
9. Du Preez (SA)
10. Carter (NZ)
11. Mitchell (Aus)
12. SBW (NZ)
13. Smith (NZ)
14. Rokocoko (NZ)
15. O'Connor (Aus)

I guess SH would just pip it but boy that would be a ***anic back row battle!

Someone had to go ruin it and take the whole thing seriously

For what it's worth, welcome to the forum... I'm pretty sure I did this too when I signed up?

Someone had to go ruin it and take the whole thing seriously

For what it's worth, welcome to the forum... I'm pretty sure I did this too when I signed up?

Huh? It is clear that he is not taking it seriously, hence the inclusion of Spies

The Best Rugby Player In The World Is Brian O'Dirscoll He Would Kill All Of De Southern Hemispheer Players If We Had A Match Between The Northern Hemisphere And The Southern Hemispheer

Not if Kevin Mealamu was starting.

The NH would defo win because the Super 14 and trinations are rubbish compared to the heineken cup. The only reasons why the SH is entertaining is because nobody can tackle or defend or anything like that.

Not to mention that New Zealand are only good because Richie McCaw is a cheat and New Zealand are only good because they steal, like, 90% of their players from the Pacific Islands.

And Dan Carter? So Overrated, Jonny Wilkinson is the best outhalf in the world, if not the best player. His only competition is Gavin Henson.

And Ireland proved during the 6 Nations that they have by far....the best scrummaging unit in the world.

The only bad thing about the NH is the Lions Tour which is a stupid waste of time and they never win because they never pick enough French Players.

BOOM.

Let's review my highlighted points shall we?
1) LMFAO...though I agree that the Tri-Nations is a joke compared to the Six Nations, the other points in your "opening" are ridiculous. The overall quality of rugby played in Super Rugby exceeds that of the Heinekin Cup by a fair margin. I'll agree that the pageantry and prestige associated with The Heinekin Cup trumps that of Super Rugby but that is more a product of European culture than some SH failure.

2) Partially true but the actual number is probably closer to 25%. Many polynesians are born in or live in NZ from an early age so it's really tough to tell exactly how many are "poached" and how many are simply the products of a diverse, transient region.

3) I assume you're joking about Carter and Wilko hasn't been the best flyhalf in the world in like3 or 4 years. Right now, the second best flyhalf in the world is Giteau.

4) Argentina, Italy and France(when healthy) all have better scrums than Ireland.

Last edited:
1) LMFAO...though I agree that the Tri-Nations is a joke compared to the Six Nations, the other points in your "opening" are ridiculous. The overall quality of rugby played in Super Rugby exceeds that of the Heinekin Cup by a fair margin. I'll agree that the pageantry and prestige associated with The Heinekin Cup trumps that of Super Rugby but that is more a product of European culture than some SH failure.

2) Partially true but the actual number is probably closer to 25%. Many polynesians are born in or live in NZ from an early age so it's really tough to tell exactly how many are "poached" and how many are simply the products of a diverse, transient region.

3) Argentina, Italy and France(when healthy) all have better scrums than Ireland.

305_funny-fishing.jpg

'We got a big one here boy's'

Last edited:

3) I assume you're joking about Carter and Wilko hasn't been the best flyhalf in the world in like3 or 4 years. Right now, the second best flyhalf in the world is Giteau.

4) Argentina, Italy and France(when healthy) all have better scrums than Ireland.

You're silly.

You're silly.

Uh-oh, looks like I'm surrounded... but I won't go down without a fight! I'll say it again...

1) Super Rugby > Heinekin Cup

2) Currently...Giteau and Carter are head and shoulders above Wilko. Saying Wilkinson is the best flyhalf in the world is like saying O'Gara is the best flyhalf in Europe or that S.A. has the best pack in the world. You can't live in the past boys.

3) Ireland has the 3rd best scrum in Europe. Don't be offended, it's not like I'm saying they have the 3rd best team in Europe or anything(actually 4th), just the 3rd best scrum.

C'mon boys. I know the truth hurts but don't kill the messenger.

Latest posts