• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northern Hemisphere XV..

Moody better than Williams? Cole better than Jones? Tom James and Gareth Cooper starting? Sheridan starting, despite him having been out for a year? You're a funny guy.
goodfellas.jpg

Mo List:

15) Byrne (screw you guys, he's still a class act, if a little short of form)
14) Our Tommy
13) Drico
12) Basta
11) Malzieu
10) Jones
9) Philips
8) Knee-slip
7) Dusatoir
6) Ferris
5) O'Connell
4) Millo-Chluski
3) Castro
2) Servat
1) Jenkins

:huh:if you look at there starting squads you can argue over the exact squads but these are them roughly as it stands.

Which team is better in that Pos::huh:

1.Andrew sheridan 1.Gethin Jenkins Wales
2.Dylan Hartley 2.Gareth Williams Eng
3.Dan Cole 3.Adam Jones Eng (only if Dan Cole can keep His current form up)
4.Courtney lawes 4.Luke Chaeteris Eng
5.simon shaw 5.Alun Jones Eng
6.Tom Croft 6.Andy Powell Eng
7.Lewis Moody 7.Matyn Williams Eng
8.Nick Easter 8.Ryan Jones Wales
9.Ben youngs 9.Gareth Cooper Wales (cant rate youngs on 1 match)
10.Flood 10.Stephen Jones Wales
11.Chris Ashton 11.Shane Williams Wales
12.Shontanye Hape 12.Jamie Roberts Wales
13.Mike Tindall 13.James Hook Wales
14.Mark Cueto 14.Tom James Wales
15.Ben Foden 15.Lee Byrne Eng

So here we say wales have 8 out of 15 and England 7 out of 15
Wales also have a advantage in key areas Flyhalf Etc

so why do england tend to win over the last coupe of years?? please enlighten me

Wales have beaten England in the last couple of years. They lost last year to them but have beaten them in the 6 Nations in 09 and 08.

Maybe I shouldnt have but I liked the backline I came up with right to the number 8.

I really like the fact that you putted Parisse in your squad.
Bergamasco would also be a good add to your team.

1. Jenkins
2. Servat
3. Jones
4. POC
5. Bonnaire
6. Croft
7. Williams
8. Heaslip
9. Youngs
10. Jones
11. Bowe / Meddard
12. Jouzion
13. BOD
14. Ashton / Clerc
15. Foden

Anyone who says otherwise is a communist.

Moody better than Williams? Cole better than Jones? Tom James and Gareth Cooper starting? Sheridan starting, despite him having been out for a year? You're a funny guy.
http://exiledonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/goodfellas.jpg[img][/QUOTE]
Also picking Shaw and Lawes together, and thinking Hartley will take the #2 back off of Thompson anytime soon

Also thinking that last year = many years

:huh:if you look at there starting squads you can argue over the exact squads but these are them roughly as it stands.

Which team is better in that Pos::huh:

1.Andrew sheridan 1.Gethin Jenkins Wales
2.Dylan Hartley 2.Gareth Williams Eng
3.Dan Cole 3.Adam Jones Eng (only if Dan Cole can keep His current form up)
4.Courtney lawes 4.Luke Chaeteris Eng
5.simon shaw 5.Alun Jones Eng
6.Tom Croft 6.Andy Powell Eng
7.Lewis Moody 7.Matyn Williams Eng
8.Nick Easter 8.Ryan Jones Wales
9.Ben youngs 9.Gareth Cooper Wales (cant rate youngs on 1 match)
10.Flood 10.Stephen Jones Wales
11.Chris Ashton 11.Shane Williams Wales
12.Shontanye Hape 12.Jamie Roberts Wales
13.Mike Tindall 13.James Hook Wales
14.Mark Cueto 14.Tom James Wales
15.Ben Foden 15.Lee Byrne Eng

So here we say wales have 8 out of 15 and England 7 out of 15
Wales also have a advantage in key areas Flyhalf Etc

so why do england tend to win over the last coupe of years?? please enlighten me
How many games of rugby have you actually seen?

Wales have beaten England in the last couple of years. They lost last year to them but have beaten them in the 6 Nations in 09 and 08.
and 07 and 05.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you guys really rate Heaslip as being better than Parisse? I certainly don't.

Do you guys really rate Heaslip as being better than Parisse? I certainly don't.

This ... but I think most people are taking over this year rather than whats there at the moment!

Parisse just hasn't played enough rugby of late, so for me it's between Harinordoquy and Heaslip if were going on last seasons form. Heaslip f**ked up big time v NZ, so probably doesn't deserve the spot due to that, so I've decided Harinordoquy get's the spot in my team.

Also, lol at eot345.

Bullit

I'm a communist. Bonnaire is not a lock. He covers 6,7 and 8 though...

15) Ben Foden
14) Vincent Clerc
13) EDIT : was David Marty but I would prefer James Hook for his skill to be honest.
12) Yannick Jauzion
11) Shane Williams
10) Francois Trinh-Duc
9) Morgan Parra

8) Imanol Harinordoquy (c)
7) Louis Picamoles
6) Thierry Dusautoir
5) Paul O'Connell (vc)
4) Bradley Davies
3) Nicolas Mas
2) William Servat
1) Thomas Domingo

A fair solid team I think, you have the power of the centres, the skill and speed of the wings, the work rate of the fullback and brilliant power in the pack with an excellent leader of Morgan Parra.

Last edited:
Also picking Shaw and Lawes together, and thinking Hartley will take the #2 back off of Thompson anytime soon

Also thinking that last year = many years

I admit i am not particularly up to date with welsh rugby
i knew id get abusedfor that post anyway Cole>Jones because Jones doesnt do as much outside the scrum
secondly a lwes Shaw combo would be goo lawes is mobile shaw is powerfull and lastly Johnson put sheridan in the england squad for a reason he has watched sheridan in training etc people dont just get back into the england squad after major surgery because they were good last year. plus Sheridan will be competing against Tim Payne.

I admit i am not particularly up to date with welsh rugby
i knew id get abusedfor that post anyway Cole>Jones because Jones doesnt do as much outside the scrum
secondly a lwes Shaw combo would be goo lawes is mobile shaw is powerfull and lastly Johnson put sheridan in the england squad for a reason he has watched sheridan in training etc people dont just get back into the england squad after major surgery because they were good last year. plus Sheridan will be competing against Tim Payne who is a spastic.

How much rugby do you watch?

whenever its on sky sports so a couple of matches a week plus i go to twickenham every 2 or 3 months

how much rugby do you watch?

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, this will be met with a smart ass comment, but I can't understand why there are so many Welsh, Irish and English players in everybodies teams, there are a few exceptions there but the best players right now in the NH are in France. France won the grand slam, meaning they beat everybody, they weren't perfect especially in the lineout which is why other players take their place, but in the loose they dominated, in the scrum, they dominated, so why are their Welsh and English players who have done **** all, all season? If you don't mind me asking. Your opinion is just as valid as mine and vice versa, just interested as to why people choose Welsh players and English players when they haven't won much at all in recent times. (All French and Irish semi-finals, for instance in the European cup).

Okay, this will be met with a smart ass comment, but I can't understand why there are so many Welsh, Irish and English players in everybodies teams, there are a few exceptions there but the best players right now in the NH are in France. France won the grand slam, meaning they beat everybody, they weren't perfect especially in the lineout which is why other players take their place, but in the loose they dominated, in the scrum, they dominated, so why are their Welsh and English players who have done **** all, all season? If you don't mind me asking. Your opinion is just as valid as mine and vice versa, just interested as to why people choose Welsh players and English players when they haven't won much at all in recent times. (All French and Irish semi-finals, for instance in the European cup).

Sorry but there were a few stand out players for Wales this season, personally in the pack Gethin Jenkins, Adam Jones and Bradley Davies were standout performers all season and James Hook in the backs. So they are quite entitled to be in most people's squads because funnily enough they preformed. Saying Welsh players have done nothing is pretty poor also and an ignorant statement also. Blues won the Amlin Trophy and the Ospreys won the Magners League Grand Final, maybe this year but the Blues got to the HEC SF last year. The way you make it out the entire Welsh XV and England XV were selected which quite evidently are not ... ey Versus?

Ben Foden was pretty fantastic and better than Clément Poitrenaud for sure. Chris Ashton was pretty solid also, and also had a decent tour of Australia. These players are also justifiable in being in people's squads.

Those are my reason for selecting those players.

Last edited:

Latest posts