• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Northern Hemisphere XV..

I live, sleep and breath rugby!

how emotional any way to iron mike there is a large proportion of french players in each persons team france tend to dominate the front row and centers most peoples teams have atleast 4 frenchman in if not 5 or6

Okay, this will be met with a smart ass comment, but I can't understand why there are so many Welsh, Irish and English players in everybodies teams, there are a few exceptions there but the best players right now in the NH are in France. France won the grand slam, meaning they beat everybody, they weren't perfect especially in the lineout which is why other players take their place, but in the loose they dominated, in the scrum, they dominated, so why are their Welsh and English players who have done **** all, all season? If you don't mind me asking. Your opinion is just as valid as mine and vice versa, just interested as to why people choose Welsh players and English players when they haven't won much at all in recent times. (All French and Irish semi-finals, for instance in the European cup).
Why are the English and Irish teams importing South Africans? Why do Pacific Islanders feature so heavily in the Australian and New Zealand teams? How many thousand more Argentinian Props actually exist? Who is Black Jesus, really? These are all mysteries.
tumblr_kts4duMLer1qzrfwao2_500.jpg

French clubs have money and they like to make big name signings. It puts asses in the seats and keeps media speculation high. They see the business side to the sport and exploit it very well.

Black Jesus.

Why are the English and Irish teams importing South Africans? Why do Pacific Islanders feature so heavily in the Australian and New Zealand teams? How many thousand more Argentinian Props actually exist? Who is Black Jesus, really? These are all mysteries.
tumblr_kts4duMLer1qzrfwao2_500.jpg

French clubs have money and they like to make big name signings. It puts asses in the seats and keeps media speculation high. They see the business side to the sport and exploit it very well.

Black Jesus.

tumblr_kts4duMLer1qzrfwao3_500.jpg

You fo sure bro?

My current NH team just to be different

15 Poitreneaud
14 Bowe
13 Earls
12 Jauzion
11 Ashton/Clerc
10 Sexton
9 Youngs
8 Harinordoquay
7 Dusautoir
6 Ferris
5 POC
4 Milo-Chulski
3 Murray
2 Servat
1 Barcella

16 Not sure really Flannery, Hartley, Rees etc all pretty average.
17 Jenkins
18 Jones
19 DOC
20 Heaslip
21 Parra
22 Flood
23 Hmm big call with loads to choose Hook, Foden, Fitz, Medard etc but I'll go with Batareaud for a little impact when the opposition is tired.

There, that's a good dynamic young team that would wipe the floor with any of your selections.

Sorry but there were a few stand out players for Wales this season, personally in the pack Gethin Jenkins, Adam Jones and Bradley Davies were standout performers all season and James Hook in the backs. So they are quite entitled to be in most people's squads because funnily enough they preformed. Saying Welsh players have done nothing is pretty poor also and an ignorant statement also. Blues won the Amlin Trophy and the Ospreys won the Magners League Grand Final, maybe this year but the Blues got to the HEC SF last year. The way you make it out the entire Welsh XV and England XV were selected which quite evidently are not ... ey Versus?

Ben Foden was pretty fantastic and better than Clément Poitrenaud for sure. Chris Ashton was pretty solid also, and also had a decent tour of Australia. These players are also justifiable in being in people's squads.

Those are my reason for selecting those players.
Shhh, be vewwy quiet, I'm hunting WUMs, hehehehe.

15. Ben Foden
14. Tommy Bowe
13. BOD
12. B*stard-o
11. Clerc
10. ROG, LOL JK, Dan Parks
9. Morgan Parra
8. Jamie Heaslip
7. Thierry Dusautoir
6. Stephen Ferris (surprised at the lack of Ferris in people's XVs)
5. Milo-Chlumski
4. POC
3. Martin Castrogiovanni
2. William Servat
1. Gethin Jenkins

16. Dylan Hartley
17. Adam Jones
18. Courtney Lawes
19. Imanol Harinordoquy
20. Ben Youngs
21. Johnny Sexton
22. Rob Kearney

Dan Parks is making an alarming amount of teams here. What happens next season when he remembers he's ****?

1 jenkins
2 servat
3 castrogiovani
4 nallet
5 lawes
6 ferris
7 dussatior
8 heaslip
9 Ed Fairhurst
10 sexton
11Clerc
12 bastaraud
13 Earls
14 BOWE
15 foden

Domingo
Servat
Mas
Nallet
Wyn Jones
Barclay
Dusautoir
Harinordoquy
Youngs
Jones
Bowe
Hook
Jauzion
Williams
Foden

I don't get it either. Once Fitzgerald's back Earls could easily be looking at a period on the bench

I don't get it either. Once Fitzgerald's back Earls could easily be looking at a period on the bench

So you want to replace a guy who has scored 6 tries in 10 caps and finished the joint top try scorer in the Six Nations with a guy who has scored only 2 tries in 13 games? Ah, good old Irish logic.

And remember Earls scored 2 of those tries in the Six Nations while playing outside centre with O'Driscoll, he's now one of Munster's key players and the last time BOD and Earls met it was the latter who came out on top. Neutral fan here by the way, none of that Munster/Leinster provincial bs.

What? Last time BOD and Earls met BOD came out on top... Last 4 times they played eachother BOD came out on top. I don't know when you're talking about...

I'm just not all that convinced by Earls yet I'm afraid... He may have scored more international tries than Fitzgerald but I still think a fit Fitzgerald is a more talented player. Earls isn't as good a defender or tactician and he can be very inconsistent.

I don't see where Jockstap is coming from at all.

Last edited:
So you want to replace a guy who has scored 6 tries in 10 caps and finished the joint top try scorer in the Six Nations with a guy who has scored only 2 tries in 13 games? Ah, good old Irish logic.

Most of Earls' tries have been easy run ins. Luke Fitzgerald is a capped Lion, a tour on which Earls was made to look very silly. Lukey is also a far more capable defender, has a better kicking game and has lovely hair. Expect him to take the twelve jersey back soon after his recovery. Earls can bugger off back to the wing.

Latest posts