• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Not What I Expected!

yeah man g, the franchise was ****. random injurys etc... "its the only rugby/rugby league game with a franhise" is no response. it may be the only game with it, but its still unbeliveably ****.

what swordfish and ea will do in 2-3 months will kill this game in every aspect. if you go buy it because "its got a franchise mode" your kidding yourself. hold on untill you can buy the other games. then you will see. it misses player progression, decent trainings. it is ruined by injurys, and horrible rep selections. madden did it good with the pro bowl by basing it on stats. i dont think its that hard.

Originally posted by Ripper+Dec 13 2005, 05:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Ripper @ Dec 13 2005, 05:15 PM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 12 2005, 11:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 12 2005, 06:16 PM
I dont see why people are ******* themselves over the Franchise Mode.

Because it's the only rugby game with a proper one, and not all of us like defecting to boring crap like NFL so we can play Madden
<
Bwhahaha, Not my fault you lot are easily impressed by below average Franchise Modes. [/b]
You're an idiot...

i have only had 5 injuries and I am just past june 3oth in season 2 so the random injuries are rubbish. my longest has been fien out for 8 weeks. try fiddling with the training schedule and interchange and rotate your players more. this is the best franchise in a rugby game. ea and it's world league is just rubbish compared to this franchise. world league is boring after you reach the top division with your superstar team which you have gathered by then. try doing the same with rl 2 with the salary cap it has. sure you might win the comp in your first year but what about the second year or third year when your players want more and more money. this is something the crap world league cannot replicate at all. playing as the rabbits as well would be interesting they have a crap team to start with. this is the best franchise mode bar none in a rugby game

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Dec 13 2005, 03:05 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Dec 13 2005, 03:05 AM)</div>
Originally posted by sanzar@Dec 12 2005, 10:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Dec 12 2005, 06:16 PM
I dont see why people are ******* themselves over the Franchise Mode.

Because it's the only rugby game with a proper one, and not all of us like defecting to boring crap like NFL so we can play Madden
<
Bah ! Ive been playing franchise on RL1 for ages now with good old pen and paper
<
[/b]
man..i was SOOOOO HOOKED ON LOMU when i was 11

one nite my creativity took over and did a world tour challenging every team!!!

and ofcourse smashing them to bits..but keeping point stats on paper!!

WAHHHOOOOO..i was over the moon when i completed it

the leading scorer was sumwhere in the 400s..
his name was mehrtens
<

and an unlucky lomu and wilson coming 2nd and thirds

i honestly did that!!!...awesome late skool nites playing this!!!
this game and gangsta rap musik is why i cant spell!!!!

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 14 2005, 12:25 AM
i have only had 5 injuries and I am just past june 3oth in season 2 so the random injuries are rubbish. my longest has been fien out for 8 weeks. try fiddling with the training schedule and interchange and rotate your players more. this is the best franchise in a rugby game. ea and it's world league is just rubbish compared to this franchise. world league is boring after you reach the top division with your superstar team which you have gathered by then. try doing the same with rl 2 with the salary cap it has. sure you might win the comp in your first year but what about the second year or third year when your players want more and more money. this is something the crap world league cannot replicate at all. playing as the rabbits as well would be interesting they have a crap team to start with. this is the best franchise mode bar none in a rugby game
Well considiring the fact bar Pro Rugby Manager, this is the ONLY Franchise Mode in a Rugby game...

still doesnt mean that it's a good Franchise Mode when compared to the one on the NHL 2K series or FIFA 06's Manager Mode.

i wasn't comparing to the likes of madden and nhl though. what were you expecting though that the franchise mode in only the second league game in 10 years would match them. the franchise mode for rl 2 is good for a first try at it and I am sure when the likes of madden and nhl started out they were that great. compare apples with apples not oranges with apples. the fairer comparision would be with the first time the likes of madden and nhl had a franchise in compared to rl 2.

i regard the world league on ea games as an attempt at a sort of franchise/career mode as you can buy players and compete over multiple seasons. it is rubbiish though and is no where near as good as the one in rl 2

Well said esoj, I'm lovin this game especially multi player custom competitions.

Yep, world league is horribly half arsed. RL2 lets you take a real team and play a franchise in a real competition. If not for this , RL2 would suck. a multi year franchise, even an average one, gives you that sense of deapth and purpose, and keeps you coming back again for another attempt at making history in the grand final. Otherwise id play through a season and be like, oh well, back to madden.

yep and that is why i was bored on rl 1 it was arcadey and i got bored after playing through the nrl twice.

The Franchise is pretty realistic. Those who say its not are kidding themselves.

It gives you the skill to select squads. You can either select big named players and a smaller squad and if you get 3-5 injuries over the season and some of them season ending ones then your in trouble, or you could lower your chance of winning a premiership and go for a larger squad with 1 or 2 big named players and have the flexibility to field a side when you have 3 players out with Origin Duty, 2-3 injured and others that are performing so poorly you dont want to select them.

Thats really realistic, and also the pressure to get the club a significant profit at the end or the year or make the 8 or your heads on the chopping block is realistic.

If you dont feel its realistic ask Tony Kemp what being a coach is all about.

Originally posted by Parore@Dec 14 2005, 03:43 PM
The Franchise is pretty realistic. Those who say its not are kidding themselves.

It gives you the skill to select squads. You can either select big named players and a smaller squad and if you get 3-5 injuries over the season and some of them season ending ones then your in trouble, or you could lower your chance of winning a premiership and go for a larger squad with 1 or 2 big named players and have the flexibility to field a side when you have 3 players out with Origin Duty, 2-3 injured and others that are performing so poorly you dont want to select them.

Thats really realistic, and also the pressure to get the club a significant profit at the end or the year or make the 8 or your heads on the chopping block is realistic.

I do like the realism of the franchise mode. Especially the realistic bit where you dont have enough players to field a side.

Glad to see they implemented the things you see all the time
<

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Dec 14 2005, 09:41 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Dec 14 2005, 09:41 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Parore
@Dec 14 2005, 03:43 PM

I do like the realism of the franchise mode. Especially the realistic bit where you dont have enough players to field a side.

<
[/b]
Thats what the free agents are there for. Sign them up and they are part of your side.

Like the Warriors wanted to do with Mundine, and Carlos Spencer in 2002 and what they did with Sharky Robinson who wasnt included in the yearly cap as he was paid per game.

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 14 2005, 08:54 AM
i wasn't comparing to the likes of madden and nhl though. what were you expecting though that the franchise mode in only the second league game in 10 years would match them. the franchise mode for rl 2 is good for a first try at it and I am sure when the likes of madden and nhl started out they were that great. compare apples with apples not oranges with apples. the fairer comparision would be with the first time the likes of madden and nhl had a franchise in compared to rl 2.

i regard the world league on ea games as an attempt at a sort of franchise/career mode as you can buy players and compete over multiple seasons. it is rubbiish though and is no where near as good as the one in rl 2
I don't get this "only second attempt" thing and saying that Madden etc has been in development for 10 years. I thought Sidhe Games cost as much as EA Games. Should we expect an inferior product for our £30, just because it's not a 10+ year Franchise? I don't think so.

I don't get his "Franchise is not bad for a 1st attempt" thing either. Do they not know what we want in a Franchise mode? They could ask any one of us on here to map out exactly what a Franchise mode should entail. Or is it just they didn't have time to do it? Has it taken Madden 10 years to physically code their Franchise mode? I doubt it.

Madden franchise was largley the same up until they added storyline central and the radio show, other than that its been the same old. We should expect less, they just dont hav the budget to compete on the same level, but with each iteration it will get better, so the "only the second attempt does factor in a bit" and sadly, if we want to support the future of rugby gaming, then we hav to pay top dollar, but doing so with the knowledge that eventually they will hit the mark.

Originally posted by Parore+Dec 14 2005, 09:07 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Parore @ Dec 14 2005, 09:07 PM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Dec 14 2005, 09:41 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Parore
@Dec 14 2005, 03:43 PM

<
Thats what the free agents are there for. Sign them up and they are part of your side.

Like the Warriors wanted to do with Mundine, and Carlos Spencer in 2002 and what they did with Sharky Robinson who wasnt included in the yearly cap as he was paid per game. [/b]
But arnt most people finding they are unable to do this because of cap limitations ?

Yeah, and can someone explain this one for me: I hav about 190 grand left, i wanted to sign a cheap free agent for backup, the dude wanted 63 grand and i made the offer and was told it would exceed my salary cap...WTF!!! So i went back out of frustration and tried to re sign T.Martin for 183 grand, and he said show me the dotted line!!...WTF!!! So 63 grand puts me over the salary cap, but 180 is fine!! this has really P**sed me off, coz i never know when other **** like this is gonna happen!?!? Wat if i need one guy to keep me getting fired, and i hav the money but I get this bulls**t.

Originally posted by mikeeboy+Dec 14 2005, 11:00 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mikeeboy @ Dec 14 2005, 11:00 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Dec 14 2005, 08:54 AM

I don't get this "only second attempt" thing and saying that Madden etc has been in development for 10 years. I thought Sidhe Games cost as much as EA Games. Should we expect an inferior product for our £30, just because it's not a 10+ year Franchise? I don't think so.

I don't get his "Franchise is not bad for a 1st attempt" thing either. Do they not know what we want in a Franchise mode? They could ask any one of us on here to map out exactly what a Franchise mode should entail. Or is it just they didn't have time to do it? Has it taken Madden 10 years to physically code their Franchise mode? I doubt it. [/b]
no but think for one moment it has taken madden 10 years to get this far and now just because the like of madden are at that level you want every game to be at the at level which will not happen. of course it didn't take madden 10 years to code in a franchise but i doubt their first one was crash hot so please do as i said and compare apples with apples which in this case would be the second version of madden or for the case of the franchise the first version where they had a franchise.

of course sidhe know what we want in a franchise but they can't put everything they wanted in the second version of the game. madden got to where it is now through a lot of years and games and wasn't a massive succes and perfect game by it's second version so why should rugby league. also the development for madden will be at least double if not more than what sidhe get to play with which means more resources money can be used on things like improving a franchise. not every game that sells for top dollar is perfect or madden like so why should rugby league 2 have to be when 100s of other games also don't meant the same standard. this franchise mode is a good start and is very good for the second version of league. I am sure madden started out in a similar way and i doubt they put it in straight away and didn't change anything.

aye ceejay I don't know exactly but when you offer contracts there is salary available this year and salary available next year. so certian players when you off contracts fall under this years salary while others are under next year and this is proabbly why you can offer more to some players while others you can't offer anywhere as much and it comes up with this offer will exeecde your salary cap.

I don't dispute the reasons why Madden is better, I just don't like the "ah well, they've done their best, so they can have my cash" sort of attitude no matter what.

I have a very cynical theory that companies deliberately leave out features (in the knowledge that sales will not be affected) so that they can then bring out subsequent versions and thus more prfoits. If they built a perfect game now where could they go with RL3? Now, those that aren't quite satisfied will hype RL3 up naturally assuming they'll get their desired game.

Where will we be next year? Not bad for a third attempt, Madden has been ........

Latest posts