• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Not What I Expected!

But the fact is you have to compete with the products around you. Like I have said before, fifa started out as a 3d isometric game. Does that mean that any company bringing out a new football franchise can start this way ?

How long has ESPN NFL been around ? Im not 100% sure but it isnt as long as Madden is it ? However a lot of people believe this even surpasses Madden never mind competes.

Its SIDHE's problem to compete with other products and to match peoples expectations, not ours. The public pay their $ or £ an can expect whatever they like. As to if they get it or not thats another matter entirely.

Originally posted by mikeeboy@Dec 15 2005, 03:16 AM
I don't dispute the reasons why Madden is better, I just don't like the "ah well, they've done their best, so they can have my cash" sort of attitude no matter what.

I have a very cynical theory that companies deliberately leave out features (in the knowledge that sales will not be affected) so that they can then bring out subsequent versions and thus more prfoits. If they built a perfect game now where could they go with RL3? Now, those that aren't quite satisfied will hype RL3 up naturally assuming they'll get their desired game.

Where will we be next year? Not bad for a third attempt, Madden has been ........
Thats exactly what companies do - its not cynical its business.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Dec 14 2005, 08:41 PM
I do like the realism of the franchise mode. Especially the realistic bit where you dont have enough players to field a side.

Glad to see they implemented the things you see all the time
<
It's fine, lern2play
<

Seriously man, if this is happening to you it's because you are not playing the game very well. If we didn't implement stuff like this, we might as well not let the Rabitohs win the GF (or even get into the 8) - I mean, that's what happens in reality, right?

That's why Vossy will comment on you trying running backwards or scoring 20 tries. It's why you play Australia vs. Australia. It's why you can play 10 seasons of Super League in 20 minutes. It's why you can simulate instead of participate.

It's a game.

How you play it is up to you.

Esoj, my this years salary is 21 000 and next years is 183 000, based on this could you explain to me WTF is going on, i dont get the this year and next year crap, and its starting to bug me. I never had more than 21 grand available this year, so in theory I shouldnt be able to resign anyone, but whenever i resigned someone, the money from next year went down.next years dosh was 1. someting million, HELP ME!!! Its starting to ruin this gaem, I need to understand WHY!!??

I myselft don't understand entirely how it works but I will try to explain how i think it does.

next years salary cap i think can be used on current players in your squad that you want to re-sign.

this years salary cap I believe can only be used on players in the un-signed players section on those that are off contract from other clubs.

where it get a bit strange is around june 30th where I think next years cap might also be able to be used on un-signed players and not just this year.

it is Sidhes job to make the best game they possibly can annd people make their opinions based on that effort. if people are expecting madden or espn like games then their execptations are obviosuly flawed and this cannot be sidhes fault when they don't meet this expectation.

Sidhe have said countless times that their budget is shoe string which is vastly different to what the development team working on espn and madden get. they bascially have unlimited budgets in comparision to what sidhe have to play with. sure money isn't everything as ea has showen with rugby games but it does help. money is not everything but when the likes of madden and espn are being used as the yardstick and the level of expectation then people will be let down by sidhe everytime as there is no way sidhe can compete resource wise with either of them. sidhe have to rely on innovation like the passing system and unlockables to even try to get on a level playing field with the the maddens and espns of this world.

sure espn proabbly hass been around less then madden but I think the budget they have would be quite similar and one of the reasons they have been able to compete with madden.

it is not sidhes fault that people are expecting something that sidhe canot simply produce at the moment and that their expectations are out of this world.

of course a new game soccer or whatever won't start in the dark ages but to expect it to match something that has been around for 10 years straight out of the box is just crazy and people that think that way need a change in their thought process.

Thanks man, that atleast makes sense, I work based on that info and see how i go.

I agree with what you are saying, esoj, but I dont think that the unlockables was a major selling pont of RL2, considering that alot of the unlockables are things that should be available outright, like origin, internationals etc. With regards to the unlockable stadiums andwatnot, I would rather that gimmicky things like that were left out, and more work done bug fixing. the videos are good, except I was terribly disappointed with the 25 years of origin, to call it that and hav F**k all of the last 25 years of origin is pretty bad, not to mention they didnt even play that historical queensland end to end try in its full glory, they played about 2 thirds of it, I was gutted considering its one of the greatest sporting moments ever.

Anyway back to the game, Im tearing my hear out, but I just cant stop playing!

Originally posted by Alan+Dec 15 2005, 10:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alan @ Dec 15 2005, 10:13 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Dec 14 2005, 08:41 PM
I do like the realism of the franchise mode. Especially the realistic bit where you dont have enough players to field a side.

<
It's fine, lern2play
<

Seriously man, if this is happening to you it's because you are not playing the game very well. If we didn't implement stuff like this, we might as well not let the Rabitohs win the GF (or even get into the 8) - I mean, that's what happens in reality, right?

That's why Vossy will comment on you trying running backwards or scoring 20 tries. It's why you play Australia vs. Australia. It's why you can play 10 seasons of Super League in 20 minutes. It's why you can simulate instead of participate.

It's a game.

How you play it is up to you. [/b]
Hey, Alan what are you doing here, does Mario know?
<

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 15 2005, 12:18 PM
not to mention they didnt even play that historical queensland end to end try in its full glory, they played about 2 thirds of it, I was gutted considering its one of the greatest sporting moments ever.
come on ceejay

we all know they have the greatest sporting moment in its full glory

Michael O'Conner from the sideline - YES SIR YES SIR

Although i agree to call thet 25yrs of origin is another sidhe flaw

try 25 months

heck they never showed ricky stuart in blue, and i only saw Lewis and Meninga once...and they are the greatest QLDer's of all time!!!

25yrs of origin moments - ur kidding Mario...can u count properly....1,2,3.....365, multiplied by 25 you [edited by -JJ-]Mario[/edit]!!!!!!!!!!

To score and end to end try with time up on the clock in an origin game, is something that will probably never happen again. in union when time is up, you can keep recycling the ball until you make a mistake, in league you cant even get tackled once, makng this nothing short of a miracle. I still shake my head in disbelief every time i see it. A try in the corner, weve seen it before, well see it again. NSW or QLD supporter, u cant cant deny this one is the greatest(the QLD end to end one)

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 15 2005, 01:20 PM
To score and end to end try with time up on the clock in an origin game, is something that will probably never happen again. in union when time is up, you can keep recycling the ball until you make a mistake, in league you cant even get tackled once, makng this nothing short of a miracle. I still shake my head in disbelief every time i see it. A try in the corner, weve seen it before, well see it again. NSW or QLD supporter, u cant cant deny this one is the greatest(the QLD end to end one)
tru tru - i agree

i think you find that the buzzer didnt go off in the try

hence it went off during the conversion, or seconds after the try......even though it never mattered as they were up by 2 due to the try

this is from memory though..i havent seen the clock on tapes

from memory there was 45 seconds left at the start of the play, and it didnt go for 45 seconds...although it felt forever coz we was on the losing end of it

see if there is a clock on the video and confirm for us?

but my memory is telling me if Mal was tackled, they could have had another crack if he got up quick enough.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 15 2005, 02:20 PM
Ive actually been watching what the CPU do in a similar position. I find that you need to get your hooker to run to the line and throw a miracle 3 cut out pass ball and it will send one of your backrowers into a gaping hole, then press the D/F button to pass to your play maker and try and get a kick away asap. Usually if you have a fast winger like Meli he will get there and offload or score himself. I have scored alot of last minute trys like this and other ways like chipping and chasing with your play maker then doing a 30m grubber for your wingers.

I just wish Sidhe had a practice mode as you would love to practice all these moves.

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 15 2005, 01:18 PM
Thanks man, that atleast makes sense, I work based on that info and see how i go.

I agree with what you are saying, esoj, but I dont think that the unlockables was a major selling pont of RL2, considering that alot of the unlockables are things that should be available outright, like origin, internationals etc. With regards to the unlockable stadiums andwatnot, I would rather that gimmicky things like that were left out, and more work done bug fixing. the videos are good, except I was terribly disappointed with the 25 years of origin, to call it that and hav F**k all of the last 25 years of origin is pretty bad, not to mention they didnt even play that historical queensland end to end try in its full glory, they played about 2 thirds of it, I was gutted considering its one of the greatest sporting moments ever.

Anyway back to the game, Im tearing my hear out, but I just cant stop playing!
i guess they are a bit gimicky but what else can they use. cutting them out is not an option as people would then complain even more and the game would be even mor shallow. sure more time to bug test would be great but at what cost to the overall game. who knows what they were fixing during the delay maybe that re=introduced some bugs or created new ones.

I hope my advice on the salary cap helps you. I am not sure if that is how it works but it might help in some way

Things like all the videos, and the sidhe team are enough, people will say that the gimmick stadiums are cool, but realistically youll hav a look once, maybe show ya mate, and thats it. It just the stadiums that are a waste of space.

Originally posted by Alan+Dec 15 2005, 10:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alan @ Dec 15 2005, 10:13 AM)</div>

<
It's fine, lern2play
<

It's a game.

How you play it is up to you. [/b]
I really didnt have a problem with the injuries picked up during the game, they were pretty much spot on. But when you pick up upto 18 week injuries in training ( training left at default ) and theres a good chance you can pick up these injuries once every few weeks, I just think its a little over the top.

Why didnt you allow the injury frequency to be scaled like some other features then everyone could have tuned it to their own tastes ?

Originally posted by CeeJay@Dec 15 2005, 06:22 PM
Things like all the videos, and the sidhe team are enough, people will say that the gimmick stadiums are cool, but realistically youll hav a look once, maybe show ya mate, and thats it. It just the stadiums that are a waste of space.
i like the stadiums actually

it gives us a more arcadey feel

its like NBA where we can play on carpark, rooftops etc etc

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Dec 15 2005, 09:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Dec 15 2005, 09:36 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Alan@Dec 15 2005, 10:13 AM

<

It's fine, lern2play
<

It's a game.

I really didnt have a problem with the injuries picked up during the game, they were pretty much spot on. But when you pick up upto 18 week injuries in training ( training left at default ) and theres a good chance you can pick up these injuries once every few weeks, I just think its a little over the top.

Why didnt you allow the injury frequency to be scaled like some other features then everyone could have tuned it to their own tastes ? [/b]
there is your problem you left the training at default. you were starting to get injuries so did it ever occurr to you that maybe you should cut back on training at all. i had 2 injuries in my first 2 games on franchise so i alter the training and didn't get any for a goo 8-10 games. training is part of the game and at various stage it may need adjusting. I got 1 recently in training so instead of doing nothing i changed it. I think in franchise the idea is that the player has to think outside the square and not just take it as a cruisy ride. so things like training proabbly will need changing every now and then and maybe other things do as well.

Originally posted by esoj+Dec 15 2005, 09:47 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (esoj @ Dec 15 2005, 09:47 PM)</div>
Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Dec 15 2005, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Alan@Dec 15 2005, 10:13 AM

<

It's fine, lern2play
<

It's a game.

Why didnt you allow the injury frequency to be scaled like some other features then everyone could have tuned it to their own tastes ?
there is your problem you left the training at default. you were starting to get injuries so did it ever occurr to you that maybe you should cut back on training at all. i had 2 injuries in my first 2 games on franchise so i alter the training and didn't get any for a goo 8-10 games. training is part of the game and at various stage it may need adjusting. I got 1 recently in training so instead of doing nothing i changed it. I think in franchise the idea is that the player has to think outside the square and not just take it as a cruisy ride. so things like training proabbly will need changing every now and then and maybe other things do as well. [/b]
I left the training on auto which you would think by its very nature should be set so that it doesnt really intrude on your gameplay.

Whats the point in having an auto feature if you then have to go into training so you dont pick up a whole list of injuries ?

This is what one member of the SIDHE forums reckons training does..........(andI thought my training injuries were caused by NOT resting my players enough......and fitness increases injury risk??).

"alot of ppl have been asking what each training session do

here what i found from looking at the database files"

Rest: Increases - injury susceptability and moral
Decreases - every other attributes

Active Recovery: Increases - injury susceptability
Decreases - None

Defence - Increases aggression, agility, tackle
Decreases - Injury Susceptability, Morale

Fitness: Increases - Fitness (DUH) and injury risk
Decreases: Injury Susceptability and Morale

Match Review: Increases - Pass Accuracy, Ball handling
Decreases - none

Set Plays: INcreases - Acceleration, fitness, Agility, Pass Accuracy, Offload,
Decreases - Injury Susceptability and Morale

Skill Drills: Increases - Tackle, Pass Accuracy, Offload, General Kick, Goal Kick, Tackle, Ball Handling
Decreases: Injury Susceptability and morale

Speed/Agility: Increases - Speed, Acceleration, Agility, Break Tackle, Tackle,

Strength: Increases - Fitness, Speed, Aggression, Tackle, Injury Risk

Team Prep: Increases - Fitness, Aggression, Break Tackle
Decreases - none

it depends on what injury suspeciabilty is. the default is set to 1 so i thought a lower one would be better but it seems you want it higher to the chances of getting an injury are lower. fitness i guess increases injury risk becacuse of the intensity of it and proabbly uses the whole bodly so having lots of finess is proabbly bad. i guess the idea is to find a nice balacne and also maybe alter training a lot.

Originally posted by esoj@Dec 16 2005, 08:27 AM
it depends on what injury suspeciabilty is. the default is set to 1 so i thought a lower one would be better but it seems you want it higher to the chances of getting an injury are lower. fitness i guess increases injury risk becacuse of the intensity of it and proabbly uses the whole bodly so having lots of finess is proabbly bad. i guess the idea is to find a nice balacne and also maybe alter training a lot.
So the higher the value of injury suseptability the less risk of injury??

If that was true then wouldn't fitness training increase your injury suseptability and not lower it??

I think it is the lower the figure for injury suseptablitiy the better - however why then would "rest" increase your injury suseptability?? (maybe on the field but 90% of my injuries occur during training - not during actual gameplay).

Latest posts