• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Not What I Expected!

Cool, I hope to put these to better use now.

With regards to you r team being ruined by injuries in training, heres what i do: As soon as ive played a match i save it before im promted to when i play the next game, as the training injuries are not done until you make the compulsory save before your match, you can just quickly reload, and as they are random 9/10 times, there will be no injury when you get back. I take any match injuries on the chin, and any training ones that are 3 weeks or under, but season ending training injuries i wont put up with. This game is frustrating enough without losing star players for the season in training. Yeah yeah, i know that this isnt the realistic approach, but in this instance i dont want realism, i want my damn stars on the field. I lose enough of them from game injuries. Plus, theres no way im getting fired coz of injuries.

each to their own i guess and like i posted i have a charmed run at the moment. my worst training injury was 7 weeks with guttenbiel and what was werider is that he hadn;t even played in a match either.

if the lower figure was better than why do you get heaps of injuries at the start i had 2 in my first 2 games. I don't know but myabe training has different affect on match injuries compared to training. I had one werid one stacey was injuried during the match so i had to interchange him but when i went to team management he had no injury. I rested him for 2 games just in case. maybe it is a bug and if so I am loving it and thats a good bug to have.

thats no bug, it just means the injury was minor, and he just had to sit the game out.

really odd then as every other injury i get in a match or training is at least 2 weeks. oh well not complaining still have stacey as well in my team plus most of the other orginals in the warriors squad. ruben will be retiring end of season 3 for me and i have lost webb tumiave temata martin lauaki and mannering and only managed to bring harris and thaiday in so far. which leaves me only with 21 players but with ruben gone should free up some cash so that i can get a few more players.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader@Dec 15 2005, 10:11 PM
I left the training on auto which you would think by its very nature should be set so that it doesnt really intrude on your gameplay.

Whats the point in having an auto feature if you then have to go into training so you dont pick up a whole list of injuries ?
What's the point in having "auto" play a godlike game? If you leave it on auto you won't have to set stuff yourself but it's not going to make the best decisions ever. If you want to eek out the best performance / success, you take control yourself.

That's the point.

Anyway sounds like you're gonna hate it no matter what - why don't you take it back and get on with your life, you'll do no one any favours giving yourself an ulcer over it
<

Originally posted by Alan@Dec 16 2005, 02:03 PM
you'll do no one any favours giving yourself an ulcer over it
<
perhaps you'll listen, and take his credible feedback and get on with ur life and fix them for sequels

its not the best - as per GOLs OVERRATED REVIEW
its not worth 9/10 as per magazines

its good, but thats because u have no competitors

take OUR FEEDBACK.............its more credible and reliable, than the teenage youth demographic on ur forum.

There's no point proclaiming ur position of 'we listen to fans' if you just retaliate with personal abuse, for anything negative said about the game

p.s he has already got his refund......and luke covell is LEFT FOOTED.

how can a game improve, when all the negative points, and feedback get washed down the girdler, and back 4 pages in 20mins coz the official forum is full of fanboy 10 yr olds creating a new thread for every game they play.

Now u still browse this joint, so i'll say this

PLAYER RESPONSIVENESS IS BELOW PAR, FIX IT, BEFORE U ADD IN CHEERLEADERS, ONLINE CHEERLEADING COMP, AND ONLINE REFEREEING.
I WANNA BE ABLE TO MOVE MY PLAYER LIKE JLR...I WANNA BE ABEL TO WRONG FOOT THE AI WITH A CHANGE OF DIRECTION, NOT A RANDOM STEP, THAT MAY GO LEFT OR RIGHT, I JUST HOPE IT GOES THE RIGHT WAY, WITH UR PRODUCTS...WISH AND HOPE...NAH THAT AINT GAMING, THATS GAMBLING!!!

<

I thought you guys would be a little more interested in what I had to say - apparently not. I will not be coming back.

Originally posted by Alan@Dec 16 2005, 05:12 PM
I thought you guys would be a little more interested in what I had to say - apparently not. I will not be coming back.
not really alan most on here hate your game and company.

Originally posted by Alan@Dec 16 2005, 03:12 PM
Yes... I can see how out of line AK was with a ridiculous comment like "we have credible criticisms"
<
We are interested in what you have to say Alan, but we would also like you to hear what we have to say... Afterall, we are interested in seeing this series continue.

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Dec 16 2005, 03:18 PM
Ban Knowls its the precident you set when Mario left...
Remind me where knowsley started making threats to Alan? I thought that had more to do with why Los was banned... that and he's an idiot.

Originally posted by Alan@Dec 16 2005, 05:12 PM
Thats what happens during the school holidays mate when some people with nothing better to do, dont take everything to heart.

Personally I like the game alot and admit there is room for alot of improvement and I hope a patch will sort some of the issues out, if not RL3.

Originally posted by Alan+Dec 16 2005, 02:03 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Alan @ Dec 16 2005, 02:03 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-knowsleyroader
@Dec 15 2005, 10:11 PM
I left the training on auto which you would think by its very nature should be set so that it doesnt really intrude on your gameplay.

Whats the point in having an auto feature if you then have to go into training so you dont pick up a whole list of injuries ?
What's the point in having "auto" play a godlike game? If you leave it on auto you won't have to set stuff yourself but it's not going to make the best decisions ever. If you want to eek out the best performance / success, you take control yourself.

That's the point.

Anyway sounds like you're gonna hate it no matter what - why don't you take it back and get on with your life, you'll do no one any favours giving yourself an ulcer over it
<
[/b]
I have to admit to being really shocked by your response. I realised from some of your replies that you obviously wernt happy with some of the feedback I left, thats to be expected as your one of the developers. But if you for 1 minute think I have been bagging this game for the sake of it then you are so far off the mark its unbelieveable.

Its not about money Alan, its about waiting for THE rugby league product for more years than I care to remember now. The problem for me isnt solved if I get a refund, its not that simple. The fact is im still left without the great Rugby League game ive been waiting for.

I think all of my comments have been very valid and I challenge you to find one comment on here that at least 1 person doesnt agree with.

Your attitude to my posts and then someones response after have certainly prompted you to show your true colours which seems to be that if all things are well your more than happy to mingle with us " Consumers ". But the minute thing get a little too close for comfort its pack up that pram with my toys and away I go.

The fact of the matter is this is THE most credible rugby gaming forum in existence and if you are getting some negative feedback on here you REALLY should be paying a great deal of attention.

As for me being banned from the forums. What for exactly ?

Alan, if you read this, please don't take everything so personally. The fact is, you obviously haven't made the perfect game, and, in reality, it's just as important (in fact, moreso) for you to listen to us as we listen to you. We buy your game, we determine whether or not you make another. You guys apparantly listen to the consumers, but that doesn't just involve visiting forums and advertising your product and disregarding criticisms.

Now, I haven't got the game yet, but should be getting it soon. (If it had come out on Xbox I could have hired it for a couple of nights, rather than jumping straight into the deepend and forking over a hundred bucks for the PC version).

Please don't leave, that is stupid and childish. Everyone here wants the same thing. A perfect rugby game. Everyone here has very valid opinions as 90% of us has played every rugby game since JLR, or EA Sports on Megadrive. We have many ideas and criticisms, that I would think would be refreshing to hear rather than sitting in a box all day working like an office assistant doing spreadsheets... Don't become like EA. I know you have your own forum, but really, in all honesty, I stopped visiting that long ago as the average age/IQ of the members must be around 12. On the other hand, we here have played games all of our lives (or most), and we are mature (some of us) and we don't talk a lot of BuLLzShIIT lol!!1!

Wishing you a Merry Christmas,

kaftka
xoxox

Originally posted by ..::ERIC::..@Dec 16 2005, 09:28 PM
For the inability to detect a joke.
I presume its something to do with Los being banned ? Unfortunately Im not aware of what happened with that situation, so im afraid the " joke " fell on deaf ears. Sorry.

Please, don't apologise.

I kidd.

You are not worthy.

I kidd.

I agree with Kaftka, although I suggest you don't get the game Kaffy instead just update the rl1 teams and you've got a better game.

To be honest from a developers point of view you would think they would really value and appreciate the criticism. From their point of view it should be a case of

" Well we dont have some things right in this version, but we can damned make sure they are right the next time round."

Not listening to constructive criticism would be a real shame.

FWIW I think almost every post on this forum has been constructive in one way or another with regards to RL2.

Latest posts