• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] England vs. Samoa (25/11/2017)

Why hasn't Eddie rung for a Curry?
Seems a seriously unbalanced back five selection.
Hoping to see Loz play at some point.

Cole seriously needs to work on his workrate. In defence he is always sluggish to react and in attack... I don't even know what he does because he doesn't seem to actually offer any meaningful contribution. I know it's difficult as a prop but come on, Sinckler has been showing him up consistently and he really can't have any excuses, so why the hell isn't he doing it?

I'd be surprised if Farrell and Itoje don't both start.
I was surprised at how little rugby Farrell played last season. I know he played a ton of international rugby but he only turned out in the premiership (I think) 8 times.

Why hasn't Eddie rung for a Curry?
Seems a seriously unbalanced back five selection.
Hoping to see Loz play at some point.
Presumably because the injuries happened so late in the camp.
He should have called up Ben after Tom got injured, But bringing someone in for the final few days of a month long camp probably causes more disruption to training (having to teach them new systems/lineouts etc) than having him on the bench is worth.

I hope Simmonds plays 8, think he's looked far better there than at 7.
Then again Robshaw at 7 doesn't exactly fill me with confidence.

Only thing im bothered about is that Genge gets proper game time. Massively overdue.

I've been bleating on about how Cole is past his sell by for a few years now. You can no longer just be a decent scrummager. He's a penalty machine, average to poor in the loose, misses tackles he should be making and does fine in the scrum. Shouldn't be starting.

Cole seriously needs to work on his workrate. In defence he is always sluggish to react and in attack... I don't even know what he does because he doesn't seem to actually offer any meaningful contribution. I know it's difficult as a prop but come on, Sinckler has been showing him up consistently and he really can't have any excuses, so why the hell isn't he doing it?

I've been bleating on about how Cole is past his sell by for a few years now. You can no longer just be a decent scrummager. He's a penalty machine, average to poor in the loose, misses tackles he should be making and does fine in the scrum. Shouldn't be starting.
I agree, he's not good enough, but who else is there? Collier's fine but I wouldn't say he's significantly better to the extent that you ditch all of Cole's experience. Williams is weak in the scrum and I don't think Sinckler's a starter.

Like it or not even with Sinckler available Cole is still England's best tighthead. The guy has been overused though and must be needing a long break.

Think he was a better player with his beard though, would love him to grow one again!

Olyy's consistently said that Cole's been overworked for both club and country and needs a rest. I'd agree with that.

And if Sinckler hadn't been a muppet I'm sure he'd have been given the chance in these AIs.

Beneath those 2 the cupboard isn't exactly stacked. But let's give Williams the chance to see what he can do on Saturday.

Wonder if Genge has ever tried TH in training? It's hard, but not impossible, to play both. As he's still fairly new to propping he might be more receptive to learning it.

If Sinckler was available I think he'd overtake Cole this international period and be first choice by the 6N.
I rate Collier, think he's comfortably better than Williams, and showed it over the summer.

And its for precisely these reasons that the AIs against the lower tier opposition are great opportunities to try new players.

I think circa 20 points. We always expect cricket scores but it rarely happened.

I'm on board with this, yes he's the best scrummaging tighthead but it's not like he's Carl Hayman. Is he properly dominant to the extent that he makes up for being basically a spare wheel whenever there isn't a scrum happening? I don't think so.

Trouble is, his understudy is an idiot who got himself banned, so there's no other serious option available today.

I think circa 20 points. We always expect cricket scores but it rarely happened.

Yep I agree. Complacency, inexperienced players who are less comfortable with the systems, disruption from shedloads of subs ... all adds up to a comfortable win that doesn't look as slick and dominant as we'd hoped.

Latest posts