• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] England vs. Samoa (25/11/2017)

DPTu3OOXkAA14Ti.jpg

Yep, no compaints. Good XV.

Quite a few in there that wouldn't be nailed on first choice right now so its good to see them get a start. Shows how much depth we have. Looking forward to it.

Still lacking that power in the backs but I think Loz brings a slightly better running game that either Ford or Farrell. Slade also not bad. Not massive carriers but not awful. Plenty of handling ability though. Hope Slade shows how good he can be at 13.

With Genge and Simmonds we have decent ball carriers in the tight and out wide in the forward pack. Lots of physicality in the locks too. Quite happy with this one!

That squad excites me, and it's mostly our 2XV, says a lot... About me as well :D

Half and half really. 8 of them starters would start with everyone available in the six nations.

Buzzing my **** off Genge is starting. Slightly annoyed Cole is though.

Has Jones started a 10 other than Ford since the Oz tour?

I don't think he has, just the first 20 mins in the 1st test in Aus. I have no issues with that.

I really rate Ford, like him a lot as a player and decision maker and would pick him and Faz at 10/12 every game. My only problem I have is when we have advantage he is always to early to gamble an advantage when we are in the opps 22 with a hollywood pass or kick when we should really see if we can keep doing what we were doing to gain the advantage.

I don't think he has, just the first 20 mins in the 1st test in Aus. I have no issues with that.

I really rate Ford, like him a lot as a player and decision maker and would pick him and Faz at 10/12 every game. My only problem I have is when we have advantage he is always to early to gamble an advantage when we are in the opps 22 with a hollywood pass or kick when we should really see if we can keep doing what we were doing to gain the advantage.
Yeah, he's obviously doing his job well it's just strange to me that EJ has no interest in blooding a back up when Ford doesn't really gain all that much playing Samoa!

Quite happy with that, except for Robshaw and Ford being co-captains. Concept is a cop out and it would have been good to have seen how Itoje might have responded to captaining.

Says something of EJ's view of Faz that he was wheeled out for the big game, but otherwise wrapped in cotton wool.

Its a massive kick up the Jacksy for any other English Tighthead really isn't it.

Yep and until they respond the shirt is Cole's.

Yeah, he's obviously doing his job well it's just strange to me that EJ has no interest in blooding a back up when Ford doesn't really gain all that much playing Samoa!

Good point, however if Ford does get injured we play Farrell at 10. In quite a few games Ford gets subbed and we move Faz into 10 so we must train like that also. In that instance we just need to blood players in 12 which is what we're doing at the moment. Worse case and both Ford and Farrell are injured I'm sure will would bring Loz in to the 10 jersey just like he does at Sarries when Faz has been on duty.

There's little point in bringing anyone else in who probably won't be in any other squad.

We also have Smith who's an out and out 10 who's been in the camp as an apprentice so he's learning the ropes of EJs England team so we can maybe expect to see him around the squad more often.

Good point, however if Ford does get injured we play Farrell at 10. In quite a few games Ford gets subbed and we move Faz into 10 so we must train like that also. In that instance we just need to blood players in 12 which is what we're doing at the moment. Worse case and both Ford and Farrell are injured I'm sure will would bring Loz in to the 10 jersey just like he does at Sarries when Faz has been on duty.

We also have Smith who's an out and out 10 who's been in the camp as an apprentice so he's learning the ropes of EJs England team so we can maybe expect to see him around the squad more often.

This is why his view on 9 is strange, every position seems to have good depth and resources, but 9 we only have Youngs and Care in the "trialled and tested" category. Are they invincible?

This is why his view on 9 is strange, every position seems to have good depth and resources, but 9 we only have Youngs and Care in the "trialled and tested" category. Are they invincible?

Care will also be pushing 33 next world cup

Would have liked to see Watson at 15 again as I don't see what we gain putting Brown back there for this game. Otherwise no real complaints. Hope Loz and Slade in particular put in big games.

:D Yep. So many sensible decisions made mixed with inexplicable ones at 9 and even 15 at a stretch. I think he sees Maunder as the next chap in line but maybe wants him to be getting more game time at Chiefs first... I think anyone in the 24+ age bracket can forget about it now, which is a shame as I really like Robson at Wasps.

George first start for england? Lol cant be far off.

George genge simmonds carriers.

Ford loz slade could be good. Slade just needs to keep his composure and not force passes.

Care starting picks up the tempo from the start.

Is farrell rested or released? As a chiefs fan i hope rested lol :)

Also want watson at 15 personally but oh well im happy all in all

Last edited:
:D Yep. So many sensible decisions made mixed with inexplicable ones at 9 and even 15 at a stretch. I think he sees Maunder as the next chap in line but maybe wants him to be getting more game time at Chiefs first... I think anyone in the 24+ age bracket can forget about it now, which is a shame as I really like Robson at Wasps.

Baffling . Seen a bit of Maunder and I'm really not getting the hype. Robson is very good. Randall still looks 12.

Latest posts