• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] England vs. Samoa (25/11/2017)

Baffling . Seen a bit of Maunder and I'm really not getting the hype. Robson is very good. Randall still looks 12.

Maunder delivers very quick accurate ball from what ive seen. But doesnt get played enough for chiefs because we signed nic white but hope next season he gets to show why EJ rates him.

Good point, however if Ford does get injured we play Farrell at 10. In quite a few games Ford gets subbed and we move Faz into 10 so we must train like that also. In that instance we just need to blood players in 12 which is what we're doing at the moment. Worse case and both Ford and Farrell are injured I'm sure will would bring Loz in to the 10 jersey just like he does at Sarries when Faz has been on duty.

There's little point in bringing anyone else in who probably won't be in any other squad.

We also have Smith who's an out and out 10 who's been in the camp as an apprentice so he's learning the ropes of EJs England team so we can maybe expect to see him around the squad more often.

Yeah that's fair, from watching England I'd be of the opinion that you should want to keep Faz at 12 at all costs while Ford is replaceable, EJ obviously just knows less than me on the topic! ;)

Ford doesn't really gain all that much playing Samoa!

Au contraire. It's comparatively low pressure and likely to be quite open. It's set up for him and on Sunday morning we may all be cooing at him again as we did in Argentina over the summer. In games like that he has few peers.

But is he the man I want steering the ship in the rain against some angry ABs in a tight RWC semi or final? Remain hugely unconvinced. But that's for another day. Saturday's midfield could look very saucy if it comes off. Do like the look of Loz.

Au contraire. It's comparatively low pressure and likely to be quite open. It's set up for him and on Sunday morning we may all be cooing at him again as we did in Argentina over the summer. In games like that he has few peers.

But is he the man I want steering the ship in the rain against some angry ABs in a tight RWC semi or final? Remain hugely unconvinced. But that's for another day. Saturday's midfield could look very saucy if it comes off. Do like the look of Loz.

Also I'd trust Ford to give Loz and Slade more chances to shine in the centres than Farrell would.

Also I'd trust Ford to give Loz and Slade more chances to shine in the centres than Farrell would.

Me too. In this game.

Interesting comment from someone else that this should be a cricket score. Scotland apart, our full first choice side don't do those, but if this team clicks it's just possible that they could cut loose. And then watch the knee jerk reactions.

Baffling . Seen a bit of Maunder and I'm really not getting the hype. Robson is very good. Randall still looks 12.
Don't think there's "hype" around Maunder, he's a good, reliable scrum half and is being spoken about as such. I agree he's hardly tearing up trees but I think he's shown a level of maturity that very few 20 year olds, especially ones in positions that require so much decision making, possess. He can't run like Care or Youngs but his distribution is excellent and he controls the tempo of games very well. I'd agree with EJ that, given how much time he has to develop, he'd be the 9 I'd be lining up to replace the 2 incumbents.

I take it francais is 10/12 cover and daly is on field 13 cover. I thought they might have had JJ on the bench or even watson brown may with daly as back 3 seems less risk to me.

We should win this im not to worried but i hope we perform well.

Key players for me are

Genge
Simmonds
Slade.

3 who have the talant but arnt quite there yet to be consistantly in the 23.

Just a fun little fact; this is the first time under EJ that Hartley hasn't started, and that there are now no players that have started every game for him.

Interesting comment from someone else that this should be a cricket score. Scotland apart, our full first choice side don't do those, but if this team clicks it's just possible that they could cut loose. And then watch the knee jerk reactions.

A bit harsh. Under Jones, England have only faced one tier two nation (Fiji) and stuck 58 points on them, winning by a record margin in the process.

Samoa: 15 Ahsee Tuala, 14 Paul Perez, 13 Kieron Fonotia, 12 Alapati Leiua, 11 David Lemi, 10 Tim Nanai-Williams, 9 Dwayne Polataivao, 8 Jack Lam, 7 TJ Ioane, 6 Piula Faasalele, 5 Chris Vui (c), 4 Josh Tyrell, 3 Donald Brighouse, 2 Motu Matu'u, 1 Jordan Lay
Replacements: 16 Manu Leiataua, 17 James Lay, 18 Hisa Sasagi, 19 Faatiga Lemalu, 20 Ofisa Treviranus, 21 Melani Matavao, 22 Rey Lee-Lo, 23 JJ Taulagi

I take it francais is 10/12 cover and daly is on field 13 cover. I thought they might have had JJ on the bench or even watson brown may with daly as back 3 seems less risk to me.

We should win this im not to worried but i hope we perform well.

Key players for me are

Genge
Simmonds
Slade.

3 who have the talant but arnt quite there yet to be consistantly in the 23.
With a fully fit squad none of them get in the match day squad

With a fully fit squad none of them get in the match day squad

No but i think he is investing time in slade because daly is a winger so need bench 13 cover and simmonds is basically fighting with curry to get the 20 shirt if billy/hughes is injured.

Genge is a contender for the 23. Maybe not there yet but definate contender.

But atm and the stage they are at you are right they arnt in yet

Have i got my times wrong? isn'tcoverage supposed to start 10 minutes ago
Yes, even sky's mach-day build up is better than "watching" the big bang theory with the Mrs!

It's like EJ has a button to make him pass and did it too late. Otherwise he probably would have kept it in hand.

Latest posts