• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] England vs. Samoa (25/11/2017)

What is the point of releasing watson and keeping roko? I understood it when i assumed watson was rested but hes available for bath so why not have him for england, more experience at FB or even just the wing. I dont understand EJs thinking

Don't get it not like he will get experience playing FB for Bath

If Sinckler was available I think he'd overtake Cole this international period and be first choice by the 6N.
I rate Collier, think he's comfortably better than Williams, and showed it over the summer.

As a Quins fan I would argue that Collier and Williams are possibly level pegging. I don't see Collier as being significantly better. Sinks should be first, but then if Cole is deemed no.2 in line, he's not exactly a player you want to be bringing on with 20 to go (apart from if you're having scrum after scrum in the driving rain).

I can understand Eddie's logic it's just frustrating to see a player with such experience repeatedly give away stupid pens and offer little outside stability at scrum time.

Watson FB jokes aside I suspect EJ intends to play Brown at FB for a full 80 so Watson will get more game time there for Bath

In other news, great to see Jack Clifford back in action vs Exeter and the weekend. With anyone in a white shirt resembling a No.8 seemingly cursed, he's a good player to have back if Billy and Hughes remain on the sidelines. The 6N will fly around - just over 10 weeks away!

Id rather see itoje start, hes been rested, benched and now he should start. Id rate Iseikwe above ewels but yours is pretty much same as i would say given whos been retained.

Hughes injured is a big ask for Simmonds, he has been sound defensively as was slade but neither of them have excelled like they do for the Chiefs in attack. They both need a good game to be a secure a spot in EJs plans
For Fucks sake your playing Samoa not the ABs

Well sorry for treating our opposition with a bit more respect than Wales clearly bother to.
I'd have happily been beaten by Georgia and be almost as happy if Samoa beat you. Its just that the conversation on here sounds like a load of prep school kids talking like its the most important thing in the world when in fact this game matters even less than our game V Georgia

I'd have happily been beaten by Georgia and be almost as happy if Samoa beat you. Its just that the conversation on here sounds like a load of prep school kids talking like its the most important thing in the world when in fact this game matters even less than our game V Georgia
If the match didn't matter why did you blatantly cheat to avoid a draw?

Wow so you're so petty that now England fans discussing an England game with anything other than complete disinterest is enough to wind you up? Yeah this isn't as big as the Aussie game but we still want to win, still want to do well and frankly I'd rather people be over enthusiastic than disinterested.

What is the point of releasing watson and keeping roko? I understood it when i assumed watson was rested but hes available for bath so why not have him for england, more experience at FB or even just the wing. I dont understand EJs thinking

Yeah, I've touched on this point before, we say they need rest but they will be back training and playing for their club team this week. I guess we are not privy to what breaks they are allowed in the week mind so he could be on a breather till Friday, do a minimum session then play at the weekend. I've no idea. But if they are EPS and not selected I'd like to see them given a rest.

Wow so you're so petty that now England fans discussing an England game with anything other than complete disinterest is enough to wind you up? Yeah this isn't as big as the Aussie game but we still want to win, still want to do well and frankly I'd rather people be over enthusiastic than disinterested.

We should dismiss this game, and Samoa as a team and country just so VC can accuse us of being disrespectful arrogant England supporters :D

VC. You gave me my first thumbs down :( I wouldn't expect anything less from you ;):D

Last edited:

Latest posts