• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[November Tests 2017 EOYT] Wales vs. Australia (11/11/2017)

No real issues for me regarding the ref. Scrums were a bit 50/50 as they always are, one scrum in particular stood out with Sio blatantly slipping his bind. However I remember a Welsh player getting isolated, and somehow the ref gave Wales the penalty, so I'm sure it evens out.

i suspect Beale did knock the ball on. BBC showed a shot after the game which more than hinted at a knock on. However it wasn't obvious, and i can accept these things are sometimes missed.

The reason we lost was purely down to us. We were in that game, but let ourselves down with a few costly errors.

I thought Jonathan Davies was superb, he really was a handful for Aussie every time he got on the ball.

Is Tipuric injured?

He was carrying a knock and didn't train before Thursday, I expect him to be on the bench this week with Cross starting.

SpotTheBall_zps28xffhxf.png

On the whole I think this was a positive for Wales, expansive game got them into good positions although there was problem with execution. Too many handling errors and clearing from kick off was awful.

I remember when we went to Australia they were trying to talk **** about our scrum and cheating in it. It worked for the first scrum where the ref penalised us for Aussies collapsing but after that he kept pinging Aus. The idea that Seo was getting the better of Cole was laughable. I even heard accusations of Cole angling in...
I remember that. Phil Kearns couldn't stop going on about the angling in, during the oz commentary. Sio was getting eaten, and it was plain as day. It was laughable. Sio was doing his Johnny fold over against the Pumas too, as I recall, and getting the benefit of another ex wing three quarter converted to refereeing.

The end of the Lions NZ 3rd test this year?
The end of the Oz Scotland World Cup match?

You don't have to go far to find professional refs screwing it up on the very biggest of stages.

Plenty of refs get collapsed scrums wrong. Perhaps by design. Some just don't want it to be a contest of strength it appears. Just restart the game and stop wrestling. Great for Sio.

Whoosh all you like.....

Latest posts