• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NRL GRAND FINAL! Broncos vs Storm

W

woosaah

Talk about sundays grand final here

personally i want the storm to win. i have always hated brisbane and the storm are a very flamboyant team and play attractive footy.

i am not gay

Talk about sundays grand final here

personally i want the storm to win. i have always hated brisbane and the storm are a very flamboyant team and play attractive footy.

i am not gay
[/b]

my tip is storm, but i want broncos

1st time ever i have supported those inbreds up north

but i like webcke and lockyer, and webcke deserves a fairytail

but my money is on storm

Broncos by 12. Heres hoping anyway.

Definately agree on Webcke deserving a fairytale ending.

I've been goin for the broncos since i was 9. They are so much more than a footy club, they are like a family and wayne bennett has been coach since 1988 (when the club was instated), he is a father figure to everyone there and pretty much runs the show. The CEO Bruno Cullen is said to have to run everything past Bennett before it goes ahead. All in all i spose im trying to highlight what a strong team the broncos is (thats why they are going to win), i could go on for anothe 20 lines lol but i wont bore you all.

I predict the broncos to win by 6, mayb 7 if they kick a field goal to seal it in the dying stages.

I woulda have to say though that since Shaun Berrigan has been put at hooker, the Broncos are blowing evryone away (bar St George a couple a few weeks ago) and also hodges at fullback is a wonderful option with Karmicheal Hunt on the wing and David Stagg in the centres. Although David Stagg is a second rower and lock he fills the cenrte position quite adequately and i think he is there mainly becasue of his defence which is top rate, he hardly ever misses one.

Also there is Milton Thaiday!!! The best tackler i have seen, i thought Tony Carrol was one of the best, if not the best (yes yes i rate hindmarsh aswell dont worry) but since Thaiday has come along i have been excited to see the broncos defend because Thaiday has an almost flawless tackling technique and has a much better "smash" rate than anyone else.

How bloody good is Brent Tate playing aswell, he just runs around with the ball, slows down, takes off, steps etc and he scores!!! He regularly makes 40, 50, 60 metre runs which is awesome.

Lockyer is just vintage lockyer, playing at his best feeding the ball to the back line with precision and his speed over a short distance is amazing.

The run on props Shane Webke and Petero Civenoceiva (a.k.a: Petrol 70 cents a litre..and..Petero Fridge or a Freezer) are simply barnstorming. The god like Shane Webke never lets up, his last hit up has just as much heart in it at his last and he jsut keeps going and going. He is a really down to earth bloke aswell, all the guys turn up to training in their flashy sports cars and what not, but Webke turns up in his white Toyota Landcruiser which reflects on his playing style: Not flashy, just hard and never gives up. Civenoceiva is in his career best form, every hit up making atleast 10 metres and quite often offloading to a player in a better position or breaking a tackle.

Now in his second season back from rugby union, the Crusaders and the All Blacks, Brad Thorn is regaining his confidence and hard man attitude which makes him a valuable player also.

I would like to talk about all the players but there is another time for that i suppose.

On the other hand is the Melbourne Storm. They have electrifying players in Greg Inglis, Billy Slater, Matt King, Scott Hill, Antonio Kafusi, David Kidwell etc. They will certainly be a huge mountain to climb if Broncos are to taste grandfinal success for the 5th or 6th time in the last 16 years.

Going for Melbourne.

Simply cos I hate Brisbane so much. More then the Roosters atm.

Go the broncos! - knocked over the doggies whom should have been in the final with the broncos but alas the draw was not to be, storms flashy play will be shown up by hard grafting forwards and equaling impressive bronco backline. the key will be broncos defense around the play the ball area coming out from marker to shut the sniping runs down. If they can do that then the forwars will just roll the storm.

I am making the CALL NOW

Whoever has the lowest completion rate will lose

Both sides punish mistakes like no other team

Going to be pretty even alright - I'm quite happy for either team to win, how's that for sitting on the fence.

I personally am going for the Broncos not simply because I have always backed them but because they played a lot better last week than the Storm did.

I'm a bit ambivilent about this one... I'd like to see Webke go out on a high, but at the same time I sorta think that considering the Storm finished the regular season so far ahead of everyone they almost have a right to the trophy.

Should be a cracker in any case!

Sanzar hit the nail on the head..

Melbourne deserve it more..they have played their butt off all season to only lose like 5 or so games!!!

Melbourne are shoe ins.
[/b]

Yeah, I wouldn't go that far dan... Melbourne are a better team, but Brisbane have more established big name stars. The difference will be either Lockyer or Inglis IMO, if Lockyer gets control Brisbane will be hard to stop, but if Inglis gets even the slightest sniff it'll be close to impossible to stop Melbourne scoring... I'm betting on Inglis though, the kid is just an absolute freak and he's still only 19! 100 times better than Khunt was in his debue season.

Brisbane are starting to show that they may have a better game plan even if the Storm are a better unit...Lockyer kicking from dummy half is a master stroke.

Apart from that try where some star players missed crucial tackles....Brisbane look good defending their line......

Second half will be interesting to see if Melbourne begin to get frustrated or whether they prove they are Premiership material and overcome the Brisbane goal line defence.

What an extremely gay conversion attempt by Matt Geyer.

And that Inglis kid, while he hasn't had a Benji Marshall type impact has been lethal. He has done anything game breaking, but he is regulary making those vital gains, every time he touches the ball he at least half breaks the line.

Scotty Hill is on fire and Slater has been dangerous... Go Storm. 8 all after 54.

*edit*

That Video Ref must die.

Than 30 seconds later another BS call with that pass coming off the Bronco.

15-8 Broncos.

A Big f*** YOU to the Refs.

Seacreast Out

Good call by the guy that said Broncos by 6-7.

At least there's no Harrigan to screw the Broncos over this time.

Hell Yeah

Finally the trophy has come back to Brisbane.

Damn even game though.

Good sendoff for Webcke.

Have to say, I am absolutely shattered... I don't know whether to feel angry at the referees or what... Congratulations to Shane Webcke though, he is a true champion.

Latest posts