• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NSW Waratahs vs. British and Irish Lions (15/6/13)

It's like drinking without paying anything. I should go for a drive, always helps to tire me out.
Ned Flanders = Bob Dwyer. I'd post this in the lookalike thread but can't be bothered to search for pictures.

So sky saying Warburton's been told he'll only be selected on form and at 7.

Love the little count things for PO'C and BO'D. PO'C kind of just gives the nod like yeah you know me and BO'D's almost giving an apolojetic smile like yeah me...again, sorry.

EDIT: Ooh unlucky Zebo.

Last edited:
That's not unlucky, that's poor, Zebo should have finished that.

To the letter of the law. Thats a yellow card is it not?

Law 10.4(j): Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst that player's feet are still off the ground such that the player's head and/or upper body come into contact with the ground is dangerous play.A directive was issued to all Unions and Match Officials in 2009 emphasizing the IRB's zero-tolerance stance towards dangerous tackles and reiterating the following instructions for referees:- The player is lifted and then forced or 'speared' into the ground (red card offence)- The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the player's safety (red card offence)- For all other types of dangerous lifting tackles a yellow card or penalty may be considered sufficient

So excellently done it looked simple. Beautiful.

Good try. Nicely timed by Zebo and Jonathan Davies played that perfectly.

To the letter of the law. Thats a yellow card is it not?

Law 10.4(j): Lifting a player from the ground and dropping or driving that player into the ground whilst that player's feet are still off the ground such that the player's head and/or upper body come into contact with the ground is dangerous play.A directive was issued to all Unions and Match Officials in 2009 emphasizing the IRB's zero-tolerance stance towards dangerous tackles and reiterating the following instructions for referees:- The player is lifted and then forced or 'speared' into the ground (red card offence)- The lifted player is dropped to the ground from a height with no regard to the player's safety (red card offence)- For all other types of dangerous lifting tackles a yellow card or penalty may be considered sufficient

Perhaps, but it wasn't bad enough to be yellow in a game like this..

Big start for the Lions. Wish I could stay up for this, but I think I might try to catch another hour or so of sleep. Besides, I don't think the Tahs stand a chance. Recording it, so will watch the disaster later. ;)

das

Perhaps, but it wasn't bad enough to be yellow in a game like this..

I know what you are saying, but surely consistency is needed with this one, no matter what the game! Red cards have been given for similar tackles.

I understand its better for the game he stays on though I suppose.

That's poor.

If Sexton's injured get him off this game is not an important one.

Bit of luck with the kick and a Maitland had to make that tackle.

I know what you are saying, but surely consistency is needed with this one, no matter what the game! Red cards have been given for similar tackles.

I understand its better for the game he stays on though I suppose.

Well, reds have been given, but more usually for tackles where the player is put to ground with head and neck leading. It was quite a flat tackle, close to a dump tackle but he didn't bring him fully to ground. So in my view, it was safe enough to keep the cards in the pocket.

Paul O'Connell has been massive already at the breakdown..

Latest posts