• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ/Aus School Teams

C

Corywalker

I was just wondering, if anyone on these forums are attending Kristin School in NZ or Kinross Wolaroi School in Australia because two teams of yours from both schools are coming to my home town to play, just wondering if anyone here played for either team. Sorry if no one attends these schools and this post becomes useless.

~ Cory

I live about 10mins away from Kinross :)

Their team isn't that flash really. Our club colts team beat their 1st XV.

However our colts team is very good lol, and i would say in the forwards they are particularly strong. Their 5/8th isn't overly good. Scrum half gives good service. Thats about all really.

My school is sending our grade 11s to this junior world cup thing in japan in late april, we got grouped with christ church from newzealand. I heard they are just AMAZING

However our colts team is very good lol, and i would say in the forwards they are particularly strong. Their 5/8th isn't overly good. Scrum half gives good service. Thats about all really.
[/b]

Hmm, okay.. well, i think we'll be facing their entire school team, so seniors + juniors (grades 9-12).. our team looks okay, but i think we need a little more practice to pull something off against a aussie school. Our backs are a little more skilled than our forwards, but our forwards are pretty big, lots of heavy tacklers and ruckers. How are their lineouts+scrums? Anything that we should know they're strong in and weak in would be great!

I've never heard of Kristin School in NZ..

Although, I'm from the Auckland region, so the only schools I know outside of Auckland are the teams who make the nationals.

The Auckland region is the toughest in NZ rugby though :p

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Hmm, okay.. well, i think we'll be facing their entire school team, so seniors + juniors (grades 9-12).. our team looks okay, but i think we need a little more practice to pull something off against a aussie school. Our backs are a little more skilled than our forwards, but our forwards are pretty big, lots of heavy tacklers and ruckers. How are their lineouts+scrums? Anything that we should know they're strong in and weak in would be great!
[/b][/quote]

Scrum is pretty good, lineout is average. Watch for the first pod. The jumper doesn't lean forward well, so get infront of him, because if you don't he'll lean across and steal the ball which he is pretty good at.

They've trained quite a bit since we played them and they may have made team changes so don't expect what i say to be completely true come game time.

You're team just has to train as well as they possibly can and sort everything out in terms of set plays, scrums, line-outs etc and turn up to the game with your games faces on and read to play.

Well we had our game yesterday, did pretty good for a team that had practiced only for 2 days. We ended up losing 29-22, we had made it over their try line twice, but they held the ball up. It was a good game, but as you said, their number 10 was pretty bad, and they have one quite large no.1 .. but he only ran for about 5 minutes. We are facing the NZ school on friday, hope us canadians win it!

PS: Those aussies were throwing around an american football.. damn.. they have some good throws.

Oh well bad luck mate. Better luck against the NZ team ay :)
[/b]

It was a good learning experience. I now know that aussies are incredible at rugby. Our team was made up of 4 teams from 2 clubs, we had around 30ish people, and we worked our hardest, and they came out on top, being from one school, thats incredible. I know that we'll try our hardeset on NZ, as scouts for rep teams (for each province) will be watching and taping the game, as they did yesterday, too bad i only got to play 15 minutes, so, im hoping they get a good impression. Wish us canadians luck!

Well Cory if you think Kinross is incredibly good at rugby well you'll be amazed by this. There are are school teams in Sydney, namely St Josephs, that would beat Kinross by 40 points. Then, there are the best school rugby teams in New Zealand that would again beat the best schools in Australia (St Josephs) by 40 points.

Kinross is merely a minnow in terms of school rugby. :)

Well played the game a little while ago, and wow. The haka.. very cool, not so much intimidating for our team. We played a hard game, they had an excellent number 1, and a excellent number 10. His kicks were amazing, point percession into touch. We ended up losing around 5 tries to 1, didn't count how many coversions they'd had, might have been all of them. It was a good game, and for people who havn't played against a different country, its a whole new experience, and its really fun.

Well played the game a little while ago, and wow. The haka.. very cool, not so much intimidating for our team. We played a hard game, they had an excellent number 1, and a excellent number 10. His kicks were amazing, point percession into touch. We ended up losing around 5 tries to 1, didn't count how many coversions they'd had, might have been all of them. It was a good game, and for people who havn't played against a different country, its a whole new experience, and its really fun. [/b]

That's the spirit! :cheers:

I don't recall them giving me the award, but im pretty sure they gave it to our amazing fly-half (Chris Pratt)

Oh well my mate from Kinross must have mistaken you for the fly half :) No worries
[/b]

Though, i wish i had gotten man of the match :D Though, the fly half is 17 (im 15) and has been playing rugby since ever, and hes one of the best on our island. And if anyone else reads this, if you ever get the oppurtunity to face a different country, take it. Don't ever think that you aren't good enough. Go to the practices, try your hardest all the time, and you'll thank yourself at the end of the game.

Latest posts