• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

NZ's 20 contracted players announced

M

Mehrtsisagod

Much anticipated announcement of NZ Cricket's 20 contracted players is made

2 June 2006

New Zealand Cricket has made its much anticipated announcement of its 20 contracted players for next season.

Despite falling out of the selector's favour last season, Matthew Sinclair is back on the payroll.

Sinclair's strong domestic form has seen him claw his way back after a year's absence.

Joining him in a return is Andre Adams, who has been without a contract for the last two years.

Meanwhile first time contracts have been granted to Jamie How, Peter Fulton, Ross Taylor and Michael Papps.

Not so lucky are James Marshall, Daryl Tuffey, Craig McMillan and Paul Wiseman, while Chris Cairns is obviously off the list due to retirement.

The full twenty contracted players are Andre Adams, Nathan Astle, Shane Bond, Stephen Fleming, James Franklin, Peter Fulton, Jamie How, Hamish Marshall, Chris Martin, Michael Mason, Brendon McCullum, Kyle Mills, Jacob Oram, Michael Papps, Jeetan Patel, Mathew Sinclair, Scott Styris, Ross Taylor, Daniel Vettori, Lou Vincent.

Interesting to see neither McMillan or James Marshall getting a contract renewal due to inconsistent form.

cricket stuff

Great. Now Matthew Sinclair won't spend all day walking around and sulking at my school.

He took my Maths class last term. I was proud.

Originally posted by Ripper@Jun 5 2006, 02:36 PM
Great. Now Matthew Sinclair won't spend all day walking around and sulking at my school.

He took my Maths class last term. I was proud.

If he'd asked you guy's to work out his international average over the last few years you wouldn't have had a tough maths lesson!

Good on him anyway!

he hasnt signed yet, he is still looking at offers overseas. he maybe lost for all

though if he goes i hope they dont get macmillan back in, he doesnt deserve it.

and if they choose harry again, actually use him!!!! not like last season

Good to see Sinclair's hanging around, couldn't be any worse than the efforts Papps, Marshall, Vincent and Fulton had in the tests...

Shane Bond will probley get injured agian, don't want it to happen but it probley will. He's like the johny walkinson of cricket

For Christ sake don't jinx it by mentioning his name and an injury (any) in same sentence - ever!

maybe if we jinx it it might not happen, cause it seemed to happen a lot when we didn't jinx it

well at the moment he is resting with his feet up he cant do much (well my update was last week) and he should be right for the champions trophy