• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Offensive Team Names

If they want to offended a group of people, why not their rivals?
Exeter Bristolians ......................................

It's going to cost them money to change all the branding and marketing but surely it will not cost them fans?
Admittingly I'm not a Exeter fan but I can't see them being rather aggrieved if they removed the native American stuff.
there were a pretty vocal number of largely...older...more pale gentleman that swore they would give up rugby all together rather than continue to support the Crusaders if they changed the name or badge

people are weird what they will die on a hill over, i kind of get excited when my clubs talk about new kits or logo changes etc because im always interested in what can be done, often they get it wrong but it still interesting and generally is never going to change my connection with the club

Speaking of offensive mascots....

leolion23.jpg

I hope Leo the Lion gets poached by big game hunters

Speaking of offensive mascots....

leolion23.jpg

I hope Leo the Lion gets poached by big game hunters
Lion hunting rare these days, they are pets these days. That mascot just needs a studded collar....and a red ball in the mouth.

Lion hunting rare these days, they are pets these days. That mascot just needs a studded collar....and a red ball in the mouth.
Who are the Lions' biggest domestic rivals?
Maybe their mascot should be a Rhodesian Ridgeback

Well, Exeter's racism isn't the worst thing happening at the moment, therefore there's no need to do anything whatsoever about it.
Thanks Rob

I think most people's view, which is very much the same as mine, is that in the here and now, where we are as a country and the things we've been through, I can think of far more important things that I need to focus on, the club needs to focus on and people in general want to focus on beyond whether a supporter supporting a club in Devon's going to wear a headdress or not.

What a load of balls

Would've taken him longer to focus on coming up with that politician response than to ask the social media guy to put out a tweet saying "While people are free to wear what they want to Sandy Park, we ask you not wear Indian headdresses"

Not outright banning, so the gammons won't be as mad as they could be, while also getting on the right side of history.

I wonder if that tactic will work on my wife?
"There are more important things in this country than the dog crap on our lawn; so it can stay there"

There's nothing racist about it. We're not trying to belittle the image or ancestry of anyone. We want to be like those Indian chiefs. On that basis, if I go to church on Sunday and praise God am I doing something wrong?

Absolute car crash of an article, Exeter's PR guys must be in shambles atm

Latest posts