• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

**Official LEGENDS MOD Thread**

Ok, i'm just bumping this back up.

I have started making large portions of LegendsPatch on 06. I am trying to find players for the roster. What i decided to do is make the patch based around 1990-1999 for clubs and national teams, and each national team will have a classic kit (old style with 1995 RWC logo) and then another alternate kit that can be one of their standout kits from any year from 1989-1999.. so like Francd would have the 1995 adidas and the late 1980's adidas.

The squads will be for RWC 1995 as the patch is based around it, but i need a full and concise list of players from 1970-1999 that you think are legends. A 'legend' would be a player who has won something at the highest level, has had a long career (4+ years minimum) is an iconic player (i.e Lomu) was an exceptional player or gave something else to the team.

There is a very large amount of players to add. So, please i really need some help here. Please can you list players by each decade (if poss) and their position for your nation. The classic kit would be very similar to the most basic heavy-cotton type shirt, with just the natonal emblem. The other would be the best alternate kit from another year.

I'd like the info like this.. or if you prefer, actual teams selection like say the Australia 1990 RWC final.

70's W.J.McBride IRE 4/5
40's J.Kyle IRE 10

Thanks and lets get this patch going!

Because the gameplay is better suited to an old skool patch, the rules are correct and the game is generally better than 08 IMHO.

You can use the kits in 08 if you wish when i release a kitpack. At the moment i have done kits for..

Wasps, Leicester, Bath, Richmond, Saracens, Northampton and most of the english clubs.. also toulouse and most of the national teams. Looks great to play with retro kits!

Hi fa'tau!

I saw that the italy roster has not been started yet, I can recommend some players to be included:

7 - Massimo Giovannelli
9 - Alessandro Troncon
10 - Diego Dominguez
11 - Paolo Vaccari
12 - Ivan Francescato
13 - Andrea De Rossi

:)

I did think about that actually, you can have a team Lomu, maxed out stats of course. You'd need 4 Lomus though one for front row, lock/backrow and 2 types of utility back.

Ok, i have added a large quantity of my kits in game today, and they all look superb in HD!

What i need is some ideas for kits for Treviso, L'Aquila, Monteferrand, Leinster, Newport, Swansea, Edinburgh, Scottish Borders and Cardiff. I have found images, but the kits arent exactly good looking. Can anyone suggest the best years for these teams kits?

I have added Pau, Montferrand, Castres (i might swap with Colomiers), Brive and Dax.. to add to Stade Francais and Toulouse.I will try to add some more images on EARSC.

These really are great kits, if i say so myself :D It's based around 1995/1996.1997, so most National Teams have a 1996 kit, plus a 1996 away kit, but for some teams i have added kits from 98, 99, 00 and 2001.

I am also going to add some classic teams in the representative group, such as France 1988, Australia 1991, South Africa 1995 and New Zealand 1987, as well Barbarians '96 and Lions '97.

if you wanted a roster suggestion for Richmond:

1. Darren Crompton
2. Brian Moore
3. John Davies
4. Craig Quinnell
5. Craig Gillies
6. Ben Clarke
7. Adam Vander
8. Scott Quinnell
9. Agustin Pichot
10. Earl Va'a
11. Dominic Chapman
12. Mel Deane
13. Allan Bateman
14. Spencer Brown
15. Matt Pini

Thanks GG. Pat Lam will also be in there. I have to have a squad of 30, ideally.

How are you going to do the rosters for the club teams? Will it be the entire team from a great year (like the national teams) or an all time greatest type roster? If it’s the latter then I could probably help out with the Super rugby team list (for the Australian teams at least)…

Well, the roster will be mainly based around club squads from 1995-1998 really. But of course i will add players from other years. I found it was much better to make a roster patch based around 1995 RWC, as it has some of the older players and some of the newer players too. I will add as many players from other years too. You can actually add players from the database into squads in-game in 06, so for example if you really like Tuqiri, you coud just sub out someone like Herbert and add him, without having to use the roster editor.

The s14 will most likely be 1997 rosters. This is because i used Lions 1997 as the main Lions team, and it would face S14 players from 1997. So if you can find players for those years.. i mean the actual squads from 1997 that'd be cool.

The representative teams can be past teams.. i have a barbarians from 1996, Lions 1997, Australia 1991 and i'd probably add Wales 1970's too, if i can find some old style faces.

So just to recap, ALL national teams are the 1995-96 rosters, with some players add to make up the 30 man squads.. like Cullen for NZ in 1995. The english clubs are almost all 1995-96 rosters too, as most of the kits i made are from that era. With other teams, i will just have to make it up as i go, because some teams wasn't big in some years.. so Stade Francais for example have a 2000 kit, and they will have players around 1999-00 season.. but thet migth play teams like Bath who are based around 1996.

Australian legends team.
Australia
1. Dan Crowley
2. Phil Kearns
3. Andrew Blades
4. Daniel Wilson (Possibly Daniel.)
5. John Eales (Vice Captain)
6. Ben Gavin (I think it's Ben :S)
7. George Smith
8.Totai Kefu

9. Nick Farr-Jones (Captain)
10. Stephen Larkham
11. David Campese
12. Joe Roff
13. Tim Horan
14. Ben Tune
15. Matt Burke

16. Jeremy Paul
17. E. McKenzie (Sorry don't know his first name but he was capped for the Wallabies over 50 times.
18. Phil Waugh
19. George Gregan
20. Elton Flatley
21. Stirling Mortlock
22. Jason Little

23. Brendan Cannon
24. Daniel Herbert
25. Chris Latham
26. M. Cockbain (capped about 35 times for Australia)
27. Owen Finegan
28. Nathan Sharpe
29. M. Plynagh (capped over 80 times)
30. Martin Lynagh

Some of the first names of players could be wrong.

My idea for NZ team all based around late 1980's to early 2000's.

1. Olo Brown
2. Sean Fitzpatrik(VC) (1st Highest Capped All Black with 96 Caps)
3. Keese Meeuws(Most tries from a New Zealand prop)
4. Robin Brooke(Zinny Brother...)
5. Ian Jones
6. Taine Randel
7. Zinzan Brooke
8. Buch Shelford©
9. Justin Marshall (2nd Highest Capped All Black with 89 Caps)
10. Andrew Mehrtens(Highest points scoring record)
11. Jonah Lomu(Highest WC Try Scorer)
12. Tana Umaga
13. Frank Bunce
14. Jeff Wilson(3rd Highest All Blacks try scoring record)
15. Christian Cullen(2nd highest All Blacks try scoring record)

16. Norman Hewit
17. Carl Hayman?
18. Brad Thorne( 3 WC Appearences)
19. Byron Kelleher (Played in 3 world cups and maybe looking to play in his fourth!)
20. Carlos Spencer
21. Walter Little
22 Doug Howlett(1st highest All Blacks try scoring record)

23. Anton Oliver
24. Richard Loe
25. Jerry Collins
26. Grant Fox
27. Joeli Vidiri
28. Mark Shaw
29. John Kirwan
30. Va'aiga Ingatuigamala

I love the time frame you chose as all my rugby heroes are from then! I can't wait till it's realease!

For NZ you missed Colin Meads and Michael Jones!!, two legends of NZ rugby. I would put Jones at 6, McCaw at 7 and Brooke at 8 ,Dan Carter at 10 because I think He is better all-round player than Mehrtens .

Sorry for double post but Fa'atau I would be happy to help you out with the new rosters, that said I would actually find out the names of players xD, but I have the Wallaby Gold book, which would make it easy for me to do Australia, NZ, and most countries who the wallabies have played against. I just have to find my copy of 06 again.

Some changes to my roster.

10. is now Mark Ella.

27. is now Stephen Larkham.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (man007 @ Apr 17 2009, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
For NZ you missed Colin Meads and Michael Jones!!, two legends of NZ rugby. I would put Jones at 6, McCaw at 7 and Brooke at 8 ,Dan Carter at 10 because I think He is better all-round player than Mehrtens .[/b]
The mod is based on the 1990's...not 1950's when Colin Meads was playing. I put Zinzan at 7 because he was a great player who would have to be in the 1st XV however Buch Shelford is the most succesful captain of all time, one of the toughest people in rugby history and captained the AB to win the 1987 world cup...he can't really be missed from the AB 1st XV.

Will the mod be avalible 4 Rugby 08?

Latest posts